ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2447 of 4797
« First < 1447194723472397243724432444244524462447 244824492450245124572497254729473447 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:25 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
If they build on the last 5 games, who knows.

Aside from the standard divisional games...
Home: Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Saints, Bucs

Away: Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Panthers, Falcons

By no means an easy schedule, but I like the Saints, Bills and Titans in Denver. The road trips should be tough, will be curious what the Panthers and Steelers look like.

If they can end up in the 8-10 win range, both of those guys will be back and I'm fine with that given the trajectory they appear to be on and the quality of the last two drafts.

Need to focus on the OL first and foremost. Find a quality WR2 in FA, maybe another RB to replace Freeman - I like him, but he likes to fumble and is more of a RB3 to me.

Denver's secondary needs some focus as I'm sure CHJ is gone and that's fine, spend that $ elsewhere at this point and draft a CB to replace him or find something via FA.

I think Allen for now is a decent backup for Lock - they should just cut their losses and save $10M on the cap by releasing Flacco, yes he has dead money, but he has no reason to be on the roster. Eat it, suck it up and move on.
Kudos to you, bro. Maybe the best KnowMo impression I have seen
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:28 AM 12-30-2019
There was nothing too fancy in the last five games, but I’m not looking for fancy. The team has a few holes to fill and upgrades to make, but the arrow is pointing up which I haven’t said with any confidence in a few seasons.
There’s gonna be an exodus from that team this offseason. Not many want to play there anymore. You’re gonna have a lot more holes to fill than you realize right now. At least Failway picked up that second year option on Flacco.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:35 AM 12-30-2019
If they build on the last 5 games, who knows.

Aside from the standard divisional games...
Home: Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Saints, Bucs

Away: Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Panthers, Falcons

By no means an easy schedule, but I like the Saints, Bills and Titans in Denver. The road trips should be tough, will be curious what the Panthers and Steelers look like.

If they can end up in the 8-10 win range, both of those guys will be back and I'm fine with that given the trajectory they appear to be on and the quality of the last two drafts.

Need to focus on the OL first and foremost. Find a quality WR2 in FA, maybe another RB to replace Freeman - I like him, but he likes to fumble and is more of a RB3 to me.

Denver's secondary needs some focus as I'm sure CHJ is gone and that's fine, spend that $ elsewhere at this point and draft a CB to replace him or find something via FA.

I think Allen for now is a decent backup for Lock - they should just cut their losses and save $10M on the cap by releasing Flacco, yes he has dead money, but he has no reason to be on the roster. Eat it, suck it up and move on.
8-10 wins? I’m seeing more like 8-10 losses. You have a few good pieces but I can’t see you hitting .500. And even less likely you win either KC game.

KC -2
LV -1
LAC -1
Bills -1
Tits -1
NO -1
Pats -1
Atl -1

That’s 9 losses right there. Without mentioning going to Pit, and Jets. And who knows what the Bucs are gonna look like.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:43 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Kudos to you, bro. Maybe the best KnowMo impression I have seen
Ha... now, had I projected a division win or had said they were 1-2 players away from doiminance, you might be onto something.

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
There’s gonna be an exodus from that team this offseason. Not many want to play there anymore. You’re gonna have a lot more holes to fill than you realize right now. At least Failway picked up that second year option on Flacco.
Guys like CHJ and Wolfe are likely gone and that's fine - Wolfe is getting injured too often. Both are UFA this offseason.

UFA's they need to resign would be Shelby Harris, Attaochu, Simmons, Parks and McGovern.

RFA would be Patrick and Allen - if they can retain them reasonably, they should do it.

I think you're a little 'wishful thinking' that not many want to play there anymore. I think you could have said that 8 games ago, but I think the sentiment has changed a bit.

Lots to do in FA and the draft for sure. I think they have a nice strong youthful nucleus to work with for 2020.

Again, nothing too glamorous out of the last 5 games outside of a 4-1 record and finishing 2nd when most projected last place. They have a lot to work with, should be in a decent cap position going into FA and the draft.

They have the 15th pick ... and overall, they have 9 picks in total with 3 in R3 and 2 in R4. Plenty of options there and should a player start to fall their way late, they have the ability to package a deal in trade up.

Again, they're far from having the team they need to win the division... but they ended on a good streak compared to how things started. Morale is better and the young guys have confidence. Great things to build upon.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:45 AM 12-30-2019
8-10 wins? I’m seeing more like 8-10 losses. You have a few good pieces but I can’t see you hitting .500. And even less likely you win either KC game.

KC -2
LV -1
LAC -1
Bills -1
Tits -1
NO -1
Pats -1
Atl -1

That’s 9 losses right there. Without mentioning going to Pit, and Jets. And who knows what the Bucs are gonna look like.
Well, anyone can throw numbers out like that... hell, given CP philosophy - Denver swept LAC this year, so why would you project a split next year?

I'll stick with the 8-10 win range right now and see how things improve in the offseason.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:29 AM 12-30-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Pablo 10:51 AM 12-30-2019
How long until Mahomes loses a game against the donks?

2028? 2031 when his arm starts to show some wear?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:01 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
How long until Mahomes loses a game against the donks?

2028? 2031 when his arm starts to show some wear?
He’s gonna retire undefeated against Dungver in about 20 more years.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:09 AM 12-30-2019
He’s gonna retire undefeated against Dungver in about 20 more years.
We shall see... I think you lose that one.
[Reply]
TEX 02:38 PM 12-30-2019
Well, anyone can throw numbers out like that... hell, given CP philosophy - Denver swept LAC this year, so why would you project a split next year?

I'll stick with the 8-10 win range right now and see how things improve in the offseason.
Same reason why you do it, but I'll dig deeper... The last time u played the LAC, it could have gone either way, and probably should have gone to the LAC. Yesterday, the Raiders win, had the TD been rightfully allowed... Next year I'm betting on Donk having another losing season. They're trash and you were supposed to have "duly noted" that after the CHIEFS slapped your boys around again.. .You're doing exactly what you're supposed to do as a fan of a losing team. So glad to see you headed down that hoping for hope path. You're actually happy to have finished 2nd with a losing record. That pretty much says it all...:-)
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:52 PM 12-30-2019
Broncos FOR SALE????

Broncos' President and CEO Joe Ellis when asked if the sale of the team is an option said, "A sale remains a possibility given the circumstances we’re in."

There are numerous steps for a sale to occur, with the primary one being that the rest of the Ellis family has to approve the controlling owner. Still, Broncos beat writer Vic Lombardi noted, "This is the first time I’ve heard anybody from the organization publicly acknowledge the possible sale of this team."
Source: Vic Lombardi on Twitter
Dec 30, 2019, 3:26 PM ET
[Reply]
manchambo 03:22 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by e3263518:
Donkey fans are obsessed with the need to mention their Super Bowl victories. They are living in the past. If you want to argue about the past, we can do that. Chiefs own the all time win-loss record versus your team. Suck on that, donkey boy. We will continue our domination over your team with another sweep next season and another one after that. Mahomes will own you for the next 15 years and there is nothing you can do about that except be sad and upset.

As for me, I don't recall Denver's record against the Chiefs over the years, except for when they beat them in the playoffs to go on to the Super Bowl. Regular season games don't seem very important in comparison to post season games. But I guess when your team doesn't win post season games, you go with what you got.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:38 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Same reason why you do it, but I'll dig deeper... The last time u played the LAC, it could have gone either way, and probably should have gone to the LAC. Yesterday, the Raiders win, had the TD been rightfully allowed... Next year I'm betting on Donk having another losing season. They're trash and you were supposed to have "duly noted" that after the CHIEFS slapped your boys around again.. .You're doing exactly what you're supposed to do as a fan of a losing team. So glad to see you headed down that hoping for hope path. You're actually happy to have finished 2nd with a losing record. That pretty much says it all...:-)
Well, at least he has you to talk for him.

Anyway, you phrased it wrong. I'm not happy they finished 2nd with a losing record. The Broncos were 2-6 after Flacco's last start. They had 7 games decided by a TD or less - they lost a couple they should have won and vice versa, as you pointed out.

But, at the midway point with 2-6 as their record - it stunk a great deal, morale was down for the team and they had no clear vision as to how things could look better.

They let Brandon Allen step in for 3 games, they went 1-2. Should have beat MIN, but they fell apart. Then, they handed it over to Lock and he went 4-1 to close things out, losing only @ KC.

Start out 2-6, finish 5-3 ... that's a nice way to close it out (4 on the road and 4 at home). 5 of their 9 losses were against playoff teams.

The team was a hot mess at midseason and they have a lot of work to do before they are a threat, but closing it out the way they did was a good sign towards things changing as long as they continue to draft as they have the last two years and play FA right.

Denver could very well have another losing season, but I'll leave it at 8-10 wins at this point. They have a lot of work to do.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:39 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Broncos FOR SALE????

Broncos' President and CEO Joe Ellis when asked if the sale of the team is an option said, "A sale remains a possibility given the circumstances we’re in."

There are numerous steps for a sale to occur, with the primary one being that the rest of the Ellis family has to approve the controlling owner. Still, Broncos beat writer Vic Lombardi noted, "This is the first time I’ve heard anybody from the organization publicly acknowledge the possible sale of this team."
Source: Vic Lombardi on Twitter
Dec 30, 2019, 3:26 PM ET
I wouldn't get too excited about that... I think they should do all they can to settle this nonsense quick.
[Reply]
BroncoDork 04:32 PM 12-30-2019
Denver is on an uptick. We'll see what happens.
[Reply]
Page 2447 of 4797
« First < 1447194723472397243724432444244524462447 244824492450245124572497254729473447 > Last »
Up