ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 120
« First < 2070110116117118119120
The Dumbass Lounge>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:27 AM 09-21-2020
His catch in traffic to give Pat 300 yards (and to set up the initial gamewinning fieldgoal) was also pretty impressive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah - EZ angle shows his route the best - real nice.

The ball placement from this kid.....

How many QBs, even if they can get it there on that rollout, end up getting their RB murdered on that ball. And Mahomes puts it in a window literally 1 ft by 1 ft square where his target can make a play on the ball and protect himself in the process.

If it's Cassel you call it an accident but Mahomes does it over and over again. In fact, that INT he threw in the Super Bowl that bounced off Hill was because he was trying to do it.

He manages to think through everything at a speed that's just supernatural.

What a player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
just one GIF today

Remember guys - Travis Kelce can't block...

:-)

That's Joey Bosa he stands up off the edge, is it not?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:41 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Remember guys - Travis Kelce can't block...

:-)

That's Joey Bosa he stands up off the edge, is it not?
I realized in the Super Bowl leadup that "Travis Kelce can't block" really only means he doesn't have the highlight reel pancakes (except if your name is Earl Thomas) that Kittle has. Kelce's are just efficient, meat and potatoes blocks, but we honestly couldn't ask him to do anymore in our offense. I thought Kittle was going to be Willie ****ing Roaf the way they were hyping him up. Made me feel warm and fuzzy to see Clark throw him around like a ragdoll and then Breeland run through two of his blocks in the SB (but they still made a highlight film featuring him pancaking Sorenson on Jimmy G's overthrow to Sanders).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:49 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He manages to think through everything at a speed that's just supernatural.

What a player.
He's not thinking. He's just reacting.

I think Mahomes has this uncanny ability to feel open spaces on the field and already knows where his players are in relation to these open spaces, so he just throws to that spot.

A lot of quarterbacks are throwing to players (Cassel).

Mahomes is throwing to spots where he knows he needs to put it in relation to his players.

Also, Mahomes is now bogarting another player's thread. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I realized in the Super Bowl leadup that "Travis Kelce can't block" really only means he doesn't have the highlight reel pancakes (except if your name is Earl Thomas) that Kittle has. Kelce's are just efficient, meat and potatoes blocks, but we honestly couldn't ask him to do anymore in our offense. I thought Kittle was going to be Willie ****ing Roaf the way they were hyping him up. Made me feel warm and fuzzy to see Clark throw him around like a ragdoll and then Breeland run through two of his blocks in the SB (but they still made a highlight film featuring him pancaking Sorenson on Jimmy G's overthrow to Sanders).
Kelce's dad was right - guys just look for reasons not to give him credit.

The last couple years with Gronk around and even after Gronk 'retired' it was "arguably the best TE in the league" or worse still, "arguably the best TE in the AFC..."

Dafuq is the argument? Then when Kittle broke out guys were STILL trying to pump Kittle's tires by taking the air from Kelce's. Kelce is a fine blocker. I'd say he's even slightly above average in that regard because he's damn smart and knows his angles so he is able to get the job done on some pretty complicated blocks at times.

But like you said, because he's not out there flattening dudes, suddenly he "can't block" rather than just saying "he's not the most powerful straight-line blocking TE in the NFL like Kittle is..."

Dude's dealt with this bullshit his whole career.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:06 AM 09-21-2020
Read the room, Wylie, you dipshit. What the hell was that DT he's holding going to do when Pat's already out of the pocket? Just fucking let him go.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Read the room, Wylie, you dipshit. What the hell was that DT he's holding going to do when Pat's already out of the pocket? Just fucking let him go.
While true, it was still a ticky tack bs call that you could call on 99% of plays.

Weve gotten away with a lot worse.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:50 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
While true, it was still a ticky tack bs call that you could call on 99% of plays.

Weve gotten away with a lot worse.
His hands were inside.. not much of a hold..
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:18 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
His hands were inside.. not much of a hold..
This was exactly what I said when they showed the replay. His hands were within the framework; 9 times out of 10 they don't call that in the NFL. But suddenly at the end of the game they call it twice? Not saying "conspiracy," I hate that shit, but it was irritating to see.

My only thought is maybe from the profile angle it looked worse.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:21 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This was exactly what I said when they showed the replay. His hands were within the framework; 9 times out of 10 they don't call that in the NFL. But suddenly at the end of the game they call it twice? Not saying "conspiracy," I hate that shit, but it was irritating to see.

My only thought is maybe from the profile angle it looked worse.
Yeah, if it's the play I'm thinking of, the defender sold the hell out of it.

If the official is at a particular angle, I could see him thinking it's pretty egregious just because of how hard the 'hold' got sold. Dude acted like he was being dragged around.

But yeah - soft call to be sure. Just not sure I am going to make any leap to 'nefarious'. Probably just a committed actor and an odd angle from a zebra.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:01 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But like you said, because he's not out there flattening dudes, suddenly he "can't block" rather than just saying "he's not the most powerful straight-line blocking TE in the NFL like Kittle is..."

Dude's dealt with this bullshit his whole career.
Completely agreed. I don't know what it is, but Kelce didn't seem to be welcomed to the overall NFL fraternity. I've always wondered if it was because he was part of a "midwest team" or if there was some kind of coastal bias going on there. Gronk almost has this weird chip on his shoulder whenever Kelce comes up and always is sure to bring up Kittle and how "Kittle is his heir apparent." It's weird.

With officials, it makes more sense. After Kelce clashed with officials constantly his first two seasons (didn't he once say our friend Carl, the official to yesterday's game, wasn't qualified to work at a foot locker?) They straight up let Kelce get mangled, the most egregious example being against the Colts last year. The officials did not care.

This seemed to switch suddenly in the playoffs last year, and entirely to our favor. The Texans seemed almost surprised Kelce was getting calls and looked outraged despite putting him in a straight jacket when the ball was in the air. Moore seemed equally offended in the SB despite being called for as textbook of a PI as it got (gotta turn that head around, was even taught that in middle school).

Something I also enjoyed is how Spags used Kittle's blocking against the Niners in the SB. While NFL films made a whole film on Kittle's blocking in the SB, Spags seemed more than willing to have Dirty Dan get pancaked over and over, because if Kittle is pancaking someone, that means Kittle isn't catching passes. That is a part of my criticism to Shanny's 4th quarter playcalling. I don't care how good of a blocker Kittle is, you are helping the Chiefs out if you voluntarily take the football out of his hands. His pancake of Dirty Dan has got so much attention though that no one has really focused on that point (outside of a few Niners fans, actually).
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:59 PM 09-22-2020
********** WARNING **********
Mike Florio interview!


[Reply]
Page 120 of 120
« First < 2070110116117118119120
Up