ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 163
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:59 PM 11-07-2015
Did some quail hunting yesterday. Got into several covey of quail.
[Reply]
jspchief 07:23 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I remember when I used to see quail in iowa...
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:21 PM 11-07-2015
It's been tough gong so far this year in a tree.

Left work early Thursday and 10 minutes after I got in a tree my phone blew up with work drama...and saw zero deer.

First night out I did see 11-12 bucks but they were mostly ratchet heads and out of range.
Yesterday I sat dark-dark and had 2 encounters with a 150-160" 10point early once at 50yds and he turned the wrong way and half an hour later at35 but no good shot. I had a few cruise through after a hot doe passed by at 20yds but nothing better than 130 so I passed....and then at 1130 it stopped and I saw nothing until dark. Long sit. Work issues hate me hunting this year...

Today I got cock blocked by 2 other hunters, one where he wasn't supposed to be, and again by a locked gate and bad wind to walk in from there. I made an end around, walked 3/4 mile to a stand that has paid off before. Saw a basket at 7am, a coyote at 730 and nothing but squirrels until half an hour before dark. Nothing good. Shot a coyote 15 min before dark. Long, long day. Most excitement was squirrel that climbed my tree and got close enough I could have grabbed it, but didn't because I am not an idiot. Maybe tomorrow. This week should ramp up for sure if I can get away at all.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:24 PM 11-07-2015
Bucks were active midday today. Cold by morning should get things going earlier. Scrape activity high. More rubs showing up. Expect dominant bucks to start moving wider from home areas this week. Turkeys beginning to mass up in groups.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:26 PM 11-07-2015
My brother sat a travel corridor funnel and only saw 2 deer all day. I sat a timer edge where a hedge row and draw come together. It has been colder for 2 days, I was on downwind side of timber, should have had cruisers all day. If I were after squirrels or coyotes....

What type of spot were you sitting?
[Reply]
philfree 09:59 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Phil, there's a quail reserve not far from springfield we like to go to. If you're interested
I would be interested. I must know where or which "reserve" but yeah.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:05 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
My brother sat a travel corridor funnel and only saw 2 deer all day. I sat a timer edge where a hedge row and draw come together. It has been colder for 2 days, I was on downwind side of timber, should have had cruisers all day. If I were after squirrels or coyotes....

What type of spot were you sitting?
A timber edge near about a two acre narrow long opening with a big pond on other side. Stand is within 100 yards of about 8 scrapes. Tomorrow im going deepervin timber on a ridge drop off with a cedatvthicket/bedding area nearby
[Reply]
58-4ever 10:28 PM 11-07-2015
Fantastic. I had some back strap tonight from the buck I took three weeks back. Can I only take one buck in KS? The only tag I could get online was an antler less tag.. Hoping I can get some more freezer meat!
[Reply]
58-4ever 10:29 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
A timber edge near about a two acre narrow long opening with a big pond on other side. Stand is within 100 yards of about 8 scrapes. Tomorrow im going deepervin timber on a ridge drop off with a cedatvthicket/bedding area nearby
I hear a few carrots covered in molasses under the tree will do the trick...
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:17 PM 11-07-2015
So the last few nights and mornings I have went and sat in my blind..nothing but does..I have insomnia so I drive at night to relax..I have seen big bucks standing in my parents yard as I drive by at 1 in the morning
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:58 AM 11-08-2015
Major chase activity this am. Should be an all day sit day for sure
[Reply]
philfree 09:32 AM 11-08-2015
Private land? Got a GPS location for that?

I also moved several Woodcocks yesterday and accidently shot one. The dog had it pointed and when it flushed it went straight away so I couldn't see it's beak and it didn't twitter until the same instant I squeezed the trigger. Every now and then you have sacrifice a Woodcock when the dog has him locked down.
And of course when one puts three dogs on the ground at once he'll move a lot of deer too. I moved at lest 5 Deer with one being a fairly nice looking Buck. I had a side view so I could get a tine count but he was at least a 6 point and he was big bodied.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:51 AM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:
Private land? Got a GPS location for that?

I also moved several Woodcocks yesterday and accidently shot one. The dog had it pointed and when it flushed it went straight away so I couldn't see it's beak and it didn't twitter until the same instant I squeezed the trigger. Every now and then you have sacrifice a Woodcock when the dog has him locked down.
And of course when one puts three dogs on the ground at once he'll move a lot of deer too. I moved at lest 5 Deer with one being a fairly nice looking Buck. I had a side view so I could get a tine count but he was at least a 6 point and he was big bodied.
Nope public land West Central Missouri.
[Reply]
philfree 11:24 AM 11-08-2015
Nope public land West Central Missouri.
Up west of Stockton Lake? I've never been to any of those. Went up to Stockton Lake last year and hunted some of the Corp ground. Armadillo's were thick. And Hoss went off the ice into the lake. Thought I was going to lose him for a minute there.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:43 PM 11-08-2015
Great afternoon to be in woods but slow is an understatement. Lots of noisy turkeys for a while, coyotes are starting to fire up, Im in a great spot and since 130 have seen two does total.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 163
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Up