ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump Threatens to Ban TikTok
BigBeauford 10:37 PM 07-31-2020

“As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump told reporters on Air Force One. “Soon. Immediately. I mean essentially immediately.”

“I will sign the document tomorrow,” he said..

— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) August 1, 2020

What say you CP?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:38 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
All financial transactions will be tracked by the government: possession of cash will mean jail sentences.

Vaccines will be required to travel through mass transit and to interact with government buildings and banks.

Et cetera et cetera.
Thanks - I figured as much.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:06 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
All financial transactions will be tracked by the government: possession of cash will mean jail sentences.

Vaccines will be required to travel through mass transit and to interact with government buildings and banks.

Et cetera et cetera.
Revelations
[Reply]
Taco John 09:19 PM 08-01-2020
Trump is turning TikTok into a US company. This is one of the slickest moves ever.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:38 PM 08-01-2020

Ok go ahead and ban TikTok pic.twitter.com/Hnb9Z5d61c

— that terri ���� (@terri_____) August 2, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:41 PM 08-01-2020

For those of you who don’t understand why President Trump is banning TikTok in the U.S.

Listen to @HawleyMO: pic.twitter.com/dLcvtw87b2

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) August 1, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:01 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by :
Exclusive: Trump to give TikTok's Chinese owner 45 days to agree sale - sources

President Donald Trump has agreed to give China’s ByteDance 45 days to negotiate a sale of popular short-video app TikTok to Microsoft Corp, three people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.

U.S. officials have said TikTok under its Chinese parent poses a national risk because of the personal data it handles. Trump said on Friday he was planning to ban TikTok in the United States after dismissing the idea of a sale to Microsoft.

But following a discussion between Trump and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, the Redwood, Washington-based company said in a statement on Sunday that it would continue negotiations to acquire TikTok from ByteDance, and that it aimed to reach a deal by Sept. 15.

Trump changed his mind following pressure from some of his advisers and many in his Republican party, one of the sources said. Banning TikTok would alienate many of its young users ahead of the U.S. presidential election in November, and would likely trigger a wave of legal challenges. Several prominent Republican lawmakers put out statements in the last two days urging Trump to back a sale of TikTok to Microsoft...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN24Y0UD
[Reply]
stevieray 10:15 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Can you expand upon this? I'm interested in what you think is coming....
It means you won't be able to buy or sell without it.

Casey's informed me today I could no longer get cash back.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:38 PM 08-03-2020
Since when do we do shakedowns like this? Seems awfully...CCP esque.

President Quid Pro Quo pic.twitter.com/I23mys6OMI

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) August 3, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 01:47 PM 08-03-2020
This is all so dumb.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:51 PM 08-03-2020
Fine by me. TikTok is for fruitcakes that have the attention span of a nat
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:58 PM 08-03-2020
Then:

Tik Tok is a national security threat that should only only be used to call out the Chinese government (who controls it) for their atrocities and human rights abuses.

Seriously y'all memes and jokes are fun but downloading the spyware of an authoritarian regime is not.

— David Hogg 92 days �� (@davidhogg111) March 25, 2020

I'm not kidding we need to #CancelTikTok

Another reason I will not be going on there is because they censor activists voices in Hong Kong and around the world that call out the CCP for their atrocities.

I refuse to be complicit in the death of democracy in Hong Kong by supporting Tik Tok. https://t.co/pnrvaFZqaw

Now:

Imagine being so scared teenagers are going to vote you out you ban one of their top platforms for communication.

— David Hogg 92 days �� (@davidhogg111) August 1, 2020

[Reply]
Bump 03:24 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Then:

Now:

So predictable, lmao.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:03 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Then:

Now:

I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so this is everything that is wrong with our society. If this kid has this view, then it is backed by the president who he generally does not agree with. Why would you just all of a sudden decide to change your stance? Think as an individual.
[Reply]
eDave 06:07 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so this is everything that is wrong with our society. If this kid has this view, then it is backed by the president who he generally does not agree with. Why would you just all of a sudden decide to change your stance? Think as an individual.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/
[Reply]
BWillie 06:15 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/
Yeah, he does the same thing. He's an imbecile.

But for example. I'm against rampant spending on the military. If Trump said he's going to reduce spending on the military I would praise him.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up