ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 90
« First < 36768283848586 87888990 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Karen meltsdown because store won’t let her shop without a mask
Deberg_1990 12:26 PM 05-17-2020

Karen has a meltdown because store won’t let her in without a mask.

They offer to give her a mask.

They offer to shop for her.

She says she’s calling corporate. #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/oQSFueFn4T

— chris evans (@notcapnamerica) May 17, 2020

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:41 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Of course you do. You passionately support the 'right kind' of Karening.

Hatred, snark, confrontation are an addictive emotional outlet.

If people are mask compliant, who gives a flying fuck what expression of rebellion they attach to it? Roll your eyes and go about your business.

You lot and the 'wrong kind' of Karens are emotionally codependent, imposing your petty drama of normal people.
There are 389k (ish) American WWII veterans still alive today. In their heyday, that flag would have earned it's wearer an ass beating by any last one of the 16 million who were enlisted at the time. MILLIONS of people DIED on that flag.

Today, people wear that flag and Americans like you call others "Karens" for recording them and chiding for wearing that symbol as a protest against having your face covered.

Fucking nuts.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:52 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
There are 389k (ish) American WWII veterans still alive today. In their heyday, that flag would have earned it's wearer an ass beating by any last one of the 16 million who were enlisted at the time. MILLIONS of people DIED on that flag.

Today, people wear that flag and Americans like you call others "Karens" for recording them and chiding for wearing that symbol as a protest against having your face covered.

Fucking nuts.
Millions died under the Hammer and Sickle
Millions died under Che
Millions died under Mao
Millions died under the Christian Cross
Millions died under the Islamic Crescent
Millions died under the Pentagram

If you are of a mind to catastrophize everything you see, you can talk yourself into a violent confrontation over any personal expression outside the most sedate and mundane.

That's an important, if under-recognized, part of what Karening is, using society as your spigot to vent your rage and anger from cobbled together and incoherent offenses society imposes on you.

Superfluous confrontation in a pandemic is every bit as counterproductive as anti-masking is. Eclipsing personal space and yelling, very unhealthy.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:58 AM 07-26-2020
Millions died under the Hammer and Sickle
Millions died under Che
Millions died under Mao
Millions died under the Christian Cross
Millions died under the Islamic Crescent
Millions died under the Pentagram
How many of those things/people have Americans directly fought and died against and how many of those items were pictured in the video? I ask because I'm fairly certain only one of them is relevant to this discussion.

Originally Posted by :
If you are of a mind to catastrophize everything you see, you can talk yourself into a violent confrontation over any personal expression outside the most sedate and mundane.

That's an important, if under-recognized, part of what Karening is, using society as your spigot to vent your rage and anger from cobbled together and incoherent offenses society imposes on you.
Calling out symbols of hatred isn't Karening.

Originally Posted by :
Superfluous confrontation in a pandemic is every bit as counterproductive as anti-masking is. Eclipsing personal space and yelling, very unhealthy.
No one eclipsed personal space, social distancing was observed by the recording party... there was nothing counterproductive about this confrontation during the current pandemic.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:00 AM 07-26-2020
Karen away, Karen.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:02 AM 07-26-2020
Karen away, Karen.

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 07:57 AM 07-26-2020
Dr. Seuss was a visionary.

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:13 AM 07-26-2020
Further evidence that it's more about the angry emotional outburst than the efficacy of the mask.

Unless someone has some scientific study that the virus passes through visual offense.
Further evidence that this guy wants to be able to wear his swastikas in public without public scrutiny.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:37 AM 07-26-2020
Of course you do. You passionately support the 'right kind' of Karening.

Hatred, snark, confrontation are an addictive emotional outlet.

If people are mask compliant, who gives a flying **** what expression of rebellion they attach to it? Roll your eyes and go about your business.

You lot and the 'wrong kind' of Karens are emotionally codependent, imposing your petty drama of normal people.
This isn’t a Karen situation. Just a reminder that if you are a Trump supporter you probably are not a Nazi and/or a racist, but if you are a Nazi and/or a racist you are probably a Trump supporter.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:43 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Further evidence that this guy wants to be able to wear his swastikas in public without public scrutiny.
Horse shit.

I want the public not to be a minefield of confrontations.

Roll your eyes and move on, that's what I do when I see things that bother me.

That's what most sane people do when they see things that bother them.

But not the Karens. Everything is catastrophized. It's time to initiate Armageddon because you saw a retard in public.

Grow up.

Everyone avoid unnecessary public leisure, mask up, and socially distance.

Meanwhile in every produce section of every fucking supermarket

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:59 AM 07-26-2020
Horse shit.

I want the public not to be a minefield of confrontations.

Roll your eyes and move on, that's what I do when I see things that bother me.

That's what most sane people do when they see things that bother them.

But not the Karens. Everything is catastrophized. It's time to initiate Armageddon because you saw a retard in public.

Grow up.

Everyone avoid unnecessary public leisure, mask up, and socially distance.

Meanwhile in every produce section of every ****ing supermarket
I think everyone in existence understands the difference between wearing a mask and wearing a mask with a swastika. Yet you think everyone else should just move on like nothing happened when the Nazis roll into Wal-Mart. Gee, I wonder why that is?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:18 AM 07-26-2020
I think everyone in existence understands the difference between wearing a mask and wearing a mask with a swastika. Yet you think everyone else should just move on like nothing happened when the Nazis roll into Wal-Mart. Gee, I wonder why that is?
Even you can't possibly think those two old fogeys are actually advocating the rise of Nazism with their retarded stunt.

Even as ham-handed as it is, they are clearly opposed to 'Nazism' and are making a petulant statement about state oversight of everyday interactions. She even says that their masks are a statement AGAINST what they perceive as Nazi-esque impositions on them.

You're too blinkered to even get that, for all you differ, you are right there with her [and me] that Nazism is bad, . . . you just have different specifics in your mental image of what it is.

So this is a poorly thought out demonstration, . . . gee we seem to have a lot of those going on right now. It's not advocacy for the Reich. It's the opposite, however poorly enunciated and executed.

As for the difference between a mask and a mask with a provocative message. That's the point, if your concern is quelling the pandemic and you think that a mask is effective, you shouldn't give a fuck.

But it's not about the mask. It's about emotional venting of rage and despair.

It's Karening.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:07 AM 07-26-2020
Reminds me of Yellow Belly, and anti-racist collaboration beer that's packaged to look like a klansman to make a statement.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/20...fter-backlash/

A bar in Connecticut has stopped selling the “anti-racist” beer, which is covered in a wrap designed to resemble the white hood of the Ku Klux Klan, after it was recommended to a a black customer without a warning on its appearance.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:16 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I watched some lady in Costco ask if she had to wear a mask the other day.......dude rolled his eyes and was like you have to wear one everywhere now..

Why is it just so hard to do what you're told, I mean do we have these kinda problems with the no shirt, no shoes, no service stuff?

I'm going to assume that this is just another one of your idiotic, completely not serious, posts, rather than having to explain the multiple obvious differences between the current situation and the shirts/shoes thing.

As for why it's hard for some people to just do as their told, as you put it, it might have something to do with that pesky Constitution.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:17 AM 07-26-2020
Couple goes out seeking attention.
Couple gets attention.
BL is upset that the people who gave them attention didn't do so in the manner he would prefer.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:18 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I'm going to assume that this is just another one of your idiotic, completely not serious, posts, rather than having to explain the multiple obvious differences between the current situation and the shirts/shoes thing.

As for why it's hard for some people to just do as their told, as you put it, it might have something to do with that pesky Constitution.
The Constitution covers shirts in stores?
[Reply]
Page 86 of 90
« First < 36768283848586 87888990 >
Up