ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 173
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:51 AM 05-17-2016
Since I tried haggis and liked it, I thought I'd be brave once more and ordered black pudding with my breakfast. It was shaped like a hockey puck and more cohesive than the haggis was. The flavor was like turkey stuffing in some ways and I liked it. The lady told me it was healthy and good for the liver. Maybe that will send those tumors packing! And you know how they make it black... With BLOOD! Today is my last full day in Scotland and I will be headed to the airport around noon tomorrow. There are just two pubs left on my list to visit. I decided not to do the Loch Ness day tour, however. There is so much to see and do here in Edinburgh that I don't feel like I cheated myself by not going to see the loch.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:43 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Since I tried haggis and liked it, I thought I'd be brave once more and ordered black pudding with my breakfast. It was shaped like a hockey puck and more cohesive than the haggis was. The flavor was like turkey stuffing in some ways and I liked it. The lady told me it was healthy and good for the liver. Maybe that will send those tumors packing! And you know how they make it black... With BLOOD! Today is my last full day in Scotland and I will be headed to the airport around noon tomorrow. There are just two pubs left on my list to visit. I decided not to do the Loch Ness day tour, however. There is so much to see and do here in Edinburgh that I don't feel like I cheated myself by not going to see the loch.
Gotta' see it.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:54 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Gotta' see it.
I know! I guess I will just have to not die and come back here some day.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:03 AM 05-17-2016
Nice.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)
[Reply]
threebag 05:04 AM 05-17-2016
Glad your having a good time Ed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:22 AM 05-18-2016
And so my time in Scotland draws to an end. It was a blast here and five days in Edinburgh was far from boring or dull. I had to walk up a very steep incline on a street named Cockburn and the name was very odd since when I reached the top, it was my feet that were burning! I am about to check out of the hotel and head to the bus station to get a ride to the airport, then back to Denmark I go.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:55 AM 05-18-2016
And so my time in Scotland draws to an end. It was a blast here and five days in Edinburgh was far from boring or dull. I had to walk up a very steep incline on a street named Cockburn and the name was very odd since when I reached the top, it was my feet that were burning! I am about to check out of the hotel and head to the bus station to get a ride to the airport, then back to Denmark I go.
The adventure continues!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:47 AM 05-18-2016
From awesome to awesome... Awesome!!!!

[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:11 AM 05-18-2016
I got to the airport PLENTY early. I made it through the rather chaotic security with little hassle aside from having my shaving gel and toothpaste run through the "sniffer" to see if it would blow up or not. Now I am sitting and waiting 60 more minutes for my departure gate to be posted. I bet it will be on the other end of the airport from where I am now!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:12 AM 05-18-2016
Be honest, a poyinnt or two was involved, right?

[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:30 AM 05-18-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Be honest, a poyinnt or two was involved, right?

Not today! I was on the bus to the airport before most of the pubs were open for the day.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:07 AM 05-18-2016
Destroy that foreign poon bud!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:03 PM 05-18-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Destroy that foreign poon bud!
He sleeping now.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:02 AM 05-19-2016
I mentioned her in a post before, a woman I met online who had battled stomach cancer. She was very supportive of me in my battle and was "worse off" than I am, having to be fed mostly through a tube and she was so happy when after years, she got to eat mashed potatoes again. She was 5'11" and only 93 lbs. after cancer ravaged her. I just read a post of Facebook that she had died. She messaged me just four days ago asking how I was and hoping I was having fun over here, and while I knew her kidneys were giving her trouble, she seemed fine. She may have died just in the past 24 hours. God bless you, Sheila, and I am glad that your suffering is over, but I will miss your strength and encouragement.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:37 AM 05-19-2016
Prayers sent.

[Reply]
Page 92 of 173
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Up