ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 43
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:17 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He played at 315. He's probably not that heavy now.
Not arguing at all, because most linemen lose some weight after they retire, but at 6' 8", he's can only be so light. Guessing he's at least 260 lbs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:18 PM 11-18-2020
Also, lets be honest, DeAndre Baker sucked ass in 2019. Even his "highlights" are full of plays that should've been DPI's and allegedly he graded out as one of the worst CB's on the year.

Of course there's the caveat that the Giants turn gold into shit all the time, so we'll see.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:20 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not arguing at all, because most linemen lose some weight after they retire, but at 6' 8", he's can only be so light. Guessing he's at least 260 lbs.
Right, that's what I'm saying. I wonder if I can find a pic of them together.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:33 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You must have just watched American Psycho...amirite? :-)
it's my favorite movie
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:34 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by malachi47000:

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:35 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

[Reply]
staylor26 12:42 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Also, lets be honest, DeAndre Baker sucked ass in 2019. Even his "highlights" are full of plays that should've been DPI's and allegedly he graded out as one of the worst CB's on the year.

Of course there's the caveat that the Giants turn gold into shit all the time, so we'll see.
From what I understand he was pretty bad for most of the season, but played significantly better down the stretch.

Sounds like a rookie on a bad team/defense.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:44 PM 11-18-2020
Listening to 810 and interviewing a NY guy and I'm even more in on Baker now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:57 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
When people on Twitter, CP and other social media places throw that bullshit line out about “well you’re not a coach or scout like everyone in the league! You can’t run a team worth a damn like the professionals do” it really makes me laugh.

We are over a decade into the Patriots cast off bullshit and these “professionals” still hire these Patriot losers like Joe Judge.

How many examples of Patriot Way bullshit do you need to see to know these guys suck? It’s astonishing that this has happened for well over a decade now and these supposedly smart people just don’t learn.
Hell, it's probably only a matter of time before Brian Flores flames out, too.

Bill O'Brien appeared to be the exception to the Patriot Way rule his first couple of seasons in Houston. No, he didn't take them anywhere special, but he also didn't pull a Matt Patricia by taking a team that had made the playoffs 2 of the previous 4 seasons and turning them into a squad that can barely muster 7-9. And remember when Josh McDaniels had the Broncos playing 6-0 football? And they missed the playoffs that same season?

The Dolphins look sharp and well-run right now. Flores appears to be a pretty damn good coach. But I'm telling you. Patriot Way morons will show their AIDS eventually. Maybe it's giving them more responsibility, or maybe it's them letting success get to their head. Could also be complacency. And lastly, we simply can't rule out that Machiavellian, nepotistic, arrogant, and despotic strain that runs through all Patriot douche coaches. It has a way of wearing players out, and if you can't find the right balance of all those factors, your little empire will one day crumble.

By this time next year, we could be shaking our heads as Brian Flores gets fired midseason. I'm not ruling it out. Stranger and more sudden instances of incompetence in the Patriot family have occurred before.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:14 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I figured that Mike Vrabel would have flamed out by now as well but apparently, his time with Urban Meyer at Ohio State along side his best friend, Luke Fickell, has helped him avoid the pitfalls of the typical Belichick protege.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:16 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
it's my favorite movie
“Do you like Phil Collins?”
[Reply]
Mecca 01:18 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Bill O'Brien appeared to be the exception to the Patriot Way rule his first couple of seasons in Houston. No, he didn't take them anywhere special, but he also didn't pull a Matt Patricia by taking a team that had made the playoffs 2 of the previous 4 seasons and turning them into a squad that can barely muster 7-9. And remember when Josh McDaniels had the Broncos playing 6-0 football? And they missed the playoffs that same season?

The Dolphins look sharp and well-run right now. Flores appears to be a pretty damn good coach. But I'm telling you. Patriot Way morons will show their AIDS eventually. Maybe it's giving them more responsibility, or maybe it's them letting success get to their head. Could also be complacency. And lastly, we simply can't rule out that Machiavellian, nepotistic, arrogant, and despotic strain that runs through all Patriot douche coaches. It has a way of wearing players out, and if you can't find the right balance of all those factors, your little empire will one day crumble.

By this time next year, we could be shaking our heads as Brian Flores gets fired midseason. I'm not ruling it out. Stranger and more sudden instances of incompetence in the Patriot family have occurred before.
Probably won't happen until Miami has guys wanting to get paid, then you'll see stupid shit happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:26 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I figured that Mike Vrabel would have flamed out by now as well but apparently, his time with Urban Meyer at Ohio State along side his best friend, Luke Fickell, has helped him avoid the pitfalls of the typical Belichick protege.
Joe Judge has the double whammy.

He coached under Bill AND he coached under Saban (who coached under Bill).

That's a long line of assholes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:33 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The DL issue is simple, you're losing most of your DL depth after this year. Kpass and Okafor are goners Charlton may be back and if he is, it's in the same role he has now. But as of today your DE's for next year are Frank Clark and Mike Danna...

Mike Pennel is on the wrong side of 30 and Derrick Nnadi is quickly barreling to pricing himself out of the Chiefs market in 2 years.

This is how you end up needing some DL.
Who is giving Kpass a money deal? I know he's not great, but I think the Chiefs might consider giving him the Robinson treatment if nobody else bites (and they really shouldn't, given his lack of production).
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:35 PM 11-18-2020
Hope Baker legally changes his name to He Hate Me just to piss people off even more.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 43
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up