ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 41
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Madden 20
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 05-02-2019
Available on the PC again! Maybe I'll actually play it this year.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...e-of-franchise

Originally Posted by :
PREPARING FOR THE PROS

When talking and listening to players, we kept hearing that being a star of their own football story would be fantastic. With that in mind, we crafted Face of the Franchise: QB1, where the story is not only about you, but one where the choices you make matter.

It kicks off with creating yourself as a quarterback – even using “face editing” to get an improved likeness. Once you have your player, you begin in college, choosing from top schools to attend, then competing for a national championship in the college football playoffs. Be the BMOC and take home the title, but bring your A-game, because your performance in college – just like on the real collegiate gridiron – has an impact on your capabilities and your draft stock.

The NFL draft doesn’t just happen, though – the combine comes first. Ever-increasing in importance and scrutinization, the combine is a key part of the process. And here, if you want your stock to soar, you’ll need to focus on every rep and decision you make to keep your name rising on draft boards. Where will you get picked, and where will your NFL career start? You’ll find out on draft day!

IN THE LEAGUE

No matter where you get drafted – from first round to last – once a team picks you, you’re going to have to show you belong playing with the pros. Whether you’re a first-rounder who needs to prove you were the perfect high pick, or a seventh-rounder busting your ass to make the roster, if you want success you have to work hard and make each opportunity count.

In the NFL, start building your legacy and taking your franchise to winning seasons, expanding your legend with each snap. It’s not about the cash your contracts rack up, but about how many Super Bowls you win as your legend grows. Give your all – and have fun – as you play your way into memorable moments. When you celebrate your career at the end, will you be remembered among the greats, placed alongside them in the Hall of Fame?

As you live your superstar story, Madden’s new Scenario Engine generates personalized playable scenarios, events, and dynamic challenges that tell the tale of a unique NFL career. Adding to it, in Face of the Franchise: QB1, like in Franchise mode, you choose your Archetype: Strong Arm, Scrambler, Improviser, Field General. Superstar abilities are tied to the Archetype you pick. Levelling up your archetypes unlocks different abilities.

It’s time for you to take your place as the face of the franchise.

OTHER MADDEN FRANCHISE IMPROVEMENTS

While we heard fan feedback for a superstar experience, we also dove deep into the forums and reddit and worked with Gamechangers to round out Franchise mode in other ways, too. With that, here are a few more things to get you ready to break the huddle.

Pro Bowl Returns to Madden NFL 20

The first thing you’ll see while Madden NFL 20 sets up is the Pro Bowl. You can play the pro bowl while the game installs, and you will also have the opportunity to qualify for the Pro Bowl during your Franchise seasons. It’s another opportunity to gain valuable experience and add to your Legacy.

Ratings Spread

We’ve adjusted the range of ratings that you’ll see on players. What does this mean? As examples:

The ratings difference between a 90 OVR player and an 89 OVR player is now larger

Each skill point you spend will be more impactful, and you can earn more skill points over the course of a career

In some cases, you will now see a starter with an OVR in the mid-50s.

New Scenarios

We’ve added an all-new in-game system that generates personalized playable scenarios featuring interactions with characters via a variety of ways including branching dialogue, dynamic events that reflect your performance and choices, challenges that build the story of your unique NFL career (from the moment you sign your rookie contract to you Hall of Fame induction), and more.

Development Traits

We’ve made large updates to our Development Trait system to support Superstar and Zone abilities. The Development Traits in Madden 20 are: Normal, Star, Superstar, and Superstar X-Factor. Both Superstar and X-Factors players can earn Superstar Abilities, but only X-Factors can earn Zone Abilities. We’ve also addressed one of the communities’ biggest complaints: players dropping down in Development Trait. In Madden 20, players can no longer go down in Development Trait at the end of a season.

Coach Mode

Coach mode is also getting scenarios. And the changes to Development Traits have a big impact on Coach mode. Coaches will want to build up their teams with Superstars and X-Factor Superstars via Trades, free agency, and the draft. We’ve also added an overhauled lineup UI to make Franchise mode even smoother.

Contract Updates

We’ve taken a meticulous pass on existing player contracts to ensure they match the NFL. This will not only be more authentic, but it will also make managing your roster’s cap space more realistic.

Progression Updates

We’ve overhauled our progression tuning, including making changes to XP gains from weekly training, actions on the field, and goal completion. These changes should ultimately lead to users being able to increase the OVR of more players on their team meaning they have more option in how to develop their roster.

Draft Updates

We’ve taken a full pass on our Rookie Generators. People familiar with draft classes from the past few years are in for some new surprises, from names, to bodies, to ratings, and more.

One more draft surprise is that rookies with a Superstar Development or higher trait will have their development trait hidden until they’ve played through at least half of a season. These players have their abilities hidden until you reveal their Development Trait. This means that if you draft either a Superstar or an X-Factor Superstar you won’t know exactly what you’ve drafted until later in a season – use your preseason wisely.

Gameplay Effects Updated

We’ve implemented a ton of changes, like Throw Power overhauls to change QB trajectories. But that’s just one example! Tune in to our gameplay stream on 5/23 for more of the inside scoop on additions and changes you’ll find in Madden NFL 20.

[Reply]
Bump 07:18 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This came from a beta user. Not EA.
oh that's good then
[Reply]
Dayze 06-20-2019, 06:19 AM
This message has been deleted by Dayze.
Aspengc8 07:35 AM 06-20-2019
This came from a beta user. Not EA.
Who from EA confirmed weight matters? I've been in the gamechanger program for the last 4 years, and every year we make the smallest lineman possible with the highest run block ratings, and they can block 400lbers no problem.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:41 AM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Will it? There were so many bogus attributes over the last couple of years. I was strictly a MUT player and 18 strength did absolutely nothing, then it did something in 19, weight never mattered. There was height thresholds (no difference between 6'1 and 6'4" and it had to be 6'5 to reach a new threshold. Lots of thresholds actually, 18 was infamous for 91 zone (90 was worthless, had to be 91) and then last year they nerfed zone and claimed that 99 zone would be like 91 zone and that was a complete lie because 99 zone didn't react properly. Man coverage always sucked, but usefull in some situations if you hot route one guy to cover one crosser and user the other cross. People only ran crossers that was the only way to stop it. Last year 4 man rushes were completely useless even if your d-line was all 99's and their o-line was 80's. 6 man rush was the only way to get pressure. Then there was Vick being in the game too early and you just ran back 40 yards with him and playmaker a WR to come towards you and the AI didn't know how to stop it. I watched the pro games and they ran 1 play on defense and 2 plays on offense. Cover 2 blitz was the only defensive play called.
Exactly. mutleaks will have the thresholds out just like they always do. Last year they added all this run block finesse and run block power stats which were fake. All the game looked at was RBK vs block shed, and for pass blocking it was pass block finesse and power vs the dline finesse/power rating. The height animation threshold was crazy, I was drafting tall SS's and move them to OLB to snag balls just past the LOS. I've always been a XBX1 player, and moved to PC last year as they just brought it back. Played nothing but MUT competitive the first 3-4 months, finished Top 10 every weekend league (#1 in sep and oct). Sold my MUT team in december as I was pretty much done with the grind, and moved over to CFM.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:23 AM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Who from EA confirmed weight matters?
:-)

A beta user saw it IN THE GAME.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 03:20 PM 06-20-2019
:-)

A beta user saw it IN THE GAME.
Well, will test it out just like we do every year and send it back to EA.. again. One year they will get it right.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:20 PM 06-20-2019
EA took down my beta footage.

Scary!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:38 PM 06-20-2019
EA took down my beta footage.

Scary!
It happens to everyone they always have a way to find out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:57 PM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
It happens to everyone they always have a way to find out.
I mean posting it on reddit wasn't the smartest move....I figured.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:00 PM 06-20-2019
I mean posting it on reddit wasn't the smartest move....I figured.
Hopefully that will be all they do, you will probably be kicked out of future betas though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:04 PM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Hopefully that will be all they do, you will probably be kicked out of future betas though.
Not possible. I blurred my handle.
[Reply]
New World Order 06-28-2019, 04:42 PM
This message has been deleted by New World Order.
Hammock Parties 07-04-2019, 02:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Hammock Parties.
Imon Yourside 01:03 PM 07-12-2019
Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes may be the cover athlete for “Madden NFL 20,” but he isn’t joining the club reserved for players with a flawless 99 overall rating.

The four players in this seasons “99 club” are Rams DT Aaron Donald, Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner, Bears DE Khalil Mack and Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins — three defenders from the NFC and one offensive player from the AFC.

In “Madden NFL 19,” EA Sports disrespected Mahomes by giving every other quarterback drafted in the first round in 2018 a higher overall rating. Mahomes had already won his first NFL game — against the Broncos in 2017 — yet unproven rookie first-round quarterbacks had higher ratings. It was a complete sham, but as Mahomes shone throughout the season, his overall rating improved. It started out at 77 and shot up to 94 by season’s end.

We don’t yet know what Mahomes’ overall rating will be in “Madden NFL 20,” but we do know that it won’t be 99 overall. Mahomes was voted the NFL MVP of the 2018 season. He’s the cover athlete, and has special abilities in the game that no other quarterback will have, but he’s not worthy of that flawless rating. It just seems rather silly that Mahomes won’t initially be a 99 overall.

Mahomes is, however, expected to have a much higher rating this year than he did in “Madden 19.” That should make for a quicker ascension to become one of the highest-rated players in the game. All Mahomes has to do is continue lighting the league on fire and he’ll eventually be recognized for it.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...madden-nfl-20/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:06 PM 07-12-2019
Personally I think even four guys at 99 OVR is a bit generous.

Aaron Donald was clearly a cut above everyone else last season. He truly deserves a 99 rating.

I'd give Mack, Hop, and Wags 96-98 OVRs.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:08 PM 07-12-2019
Help me.. I think I'm going to cave and buy this one when it drops.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:47 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Help me.. I think I'm going to cave and buy this one when it drops.
EA doesn't deserve it but ya same here.
[Reply]
Bump 10:11 PM 07-12-2019
The madden MUT season is kind of fun for me during the first couple of months, after that all I ever face are sweaty credit card kids that run one or 2 cheese plays that they learned on youtube. I might cave just because Mahomes but damn, I'm gonna have to be bored.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 41
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up