Yes 53 28.49%
No 103 55.38%
Yes, but not this year 30 16.13%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>can Mahomes throw for 350 yards per game this season
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:37 PM 07-08-2018
Can he average 350 per game over 16 games ?
[Reply]
Lprechaun 02:58 PM 08-07-2019
I dont see the way this team is built that it can be a "run the clock out" type team. Its built to score not hold a lead.
I think they let the offense just run wild this season and as they can add in the time of possession aspect.
We can score in seconds, if the defense can get a couple stops a game we go score in seconds again. ... I just dont think they line and the backs can hold up to running the clock out.
Not to mention that if the pass is open even late in games its a less risky option to throw than run
[Reply]
gonefishin53 03:10 PM 08-07-2019
After the Chargers game in KC last season, I'm hoping Andy increases his standard for a safe lead to up 4 TDs in the 4th quarter. That and the improved defense allowing more offensive snaps/game should allow for maintaining the 36 pass attempts/game from last season. If Mahomes can complete 3 more attempts/game while maintaining his 13.3 yards/completion average in 2019, he'll have over 5700 yards and a good possibility of 55 TDs.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:11 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
After the Chargers game in KC last season, I'm hoping Andy increases his standard for a safe lead to up 4 TDs in the 4th quarter. That and the improved defense allowing more offensive snaps/game should allow for maintaining the 36 pass attempts/game from last season. If Mahomes can complete 3 more attempts/game while maintaining his 13.3 yards/completion average in 2019, he'll have over 5700 yards and a good possibility of 55 TDs.
I like the way you think.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:37 PM 08-07-2019
Not this year. Mainly because Hardman needs a minute and it's hard to count on Watkins playing 16 games.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:51 PM 08-07-2019
5600 yds? Can a pig cum in your hand?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Not this year. Mainly because Hardman needs a minute and it's hard to count on Watkins playing 16 games.
That's lame.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:56 PM 08-07-2019
I hope that Mahomes yards and TDs are down a little. It would be a sign that the Defense has taken a big step forward.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:34 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I hope that Mahomes yards and TDs are down a little. It would be a sign that the Defense has taken a big step forward.
No, No ! It should be opposite.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:04 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why would any fan hope that Mahomes has Less yards and TD's? That also could mean Less Wins. :-)

If the defense is better- that means he won't be standing on the sideline 65% of the game while the other team is eating up the clock.

He will get More opportunities, More scoring drives, more everything. Under your scenario- the defense is doing their job- but you are hoping the offense is Less efficient.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:30 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Why would any fan hope that Mahomes has Less yards and TD's? That also could mean Less Wins. :-)

If the defense is better- that means he won't be standing on the sideline 65% of the game while the other team is eating up the clock.

He will get More opportunities, More scoring drives, more everything. Under your scenario- the defense is doing their job- but you are hoping the offense is Less efficient.
Right on. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:34 PM 08-07-2019
If our running game is solid then I will say no.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:44 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Right on. :-)
When Manning set all the records with the Donks- they had the best defense in football- a Championship defense.

Their defense got a lot of sacks and turnovers, 3 and outs and really turned up the heat once they had a lead. They forced teams to abandon their running game to try to keep up on the scoreboard. Manning had More scoring opportunities, not Less.

Same when Brady threw for 50 Td's. The had incredible talent on the Offensive side of the ball- but also had a defense that could make teams go away from what they do best.

Chief's have made a huge effort by the players they have signed on defense- to stop the run. They want to get a lead- make teams one dimensional and force them into mistakes.

Same blueprint as 2 Championship teams when they had unstoppable offenses. Mahomes should get More chances to put up numbers- Not less.

Plus we don't have Barry Word and Okoye back there to run out the clock every time we get up a few scores.

Expecting Mahomes to do worse than last year is simply not probable.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:33 AM 08-08-2019
All-in. 5,523 yards and 56 TDs.
[Reply]
ARROW2 04:49 AM 08-08-2019
There are no limitations on Mahomie.
[Reply]
Shaid 07:43 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Can he-yes

Will he-no
The correct response.