ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Taco Charlton
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:11 PM 05-01-2020

The Chiefs have agreed to a 1-year deal with DL Taco Charlton, a source tells Yahoo Sports.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 2, 2020

[Reply]
Direckshun 11:19 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Nobody should ever be this mad about a late 5th round pick.
I like it when my team wins Super Bowls.

My team had to win a Super Bowl despite losing THREE DEs, so we needed that depth from Harris to win.

He’s fantastic against the run, but needs a ton of coaching up for his passrush.

Fortunately, he’s super young.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:22 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re beyond ****ing stupid.

First off, like Busby said who the **** gets this upset about a 5th round pick?

Also, it’s easy to see why they drafted him when you go back and look at all the East West Shrine week stuff and watch the game. Dude was unblockable (all week apparently) and looked a lot more like the guy at Central Michigan that could get after QB. The weight gain and late start clearly impacted his performance at Michigan.
If folks can get jacked up about a 5th round pick, it’s equally logical they can be disappointed by it. I trust the coaching staff, but this has all the makings of a Breeland Speaks/Dorian O’Daniel mess.

His tape at Michigan was decent at best.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:23 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You are truly an amazing case.

You've been posting horseshit like this for nearly 15 ****ing years. You create "Mock Drafts" constantly, at the start of the season, mid-season, end season and dozens of offseason versions yet, Good ****ing GOD! you're completely clueless about the NFL, about personnel and just haven't learned a single thing during that time.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you're a troll but sadly, that just isn't the case.

Get a grip, dude, get a ****ing grip.
There’s literally nothing substantial here for me to reply to.

Seek help.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:26 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Don't you think if the Chiefs like Demone Harris and he's worth keeping, they'll find a way to keep him?

If he plays better than Taco Charlton, why wouldn't they keep Harris over Charlton? If Danna is as big of a piece of shit as you think he is and Harris is great, why would they practice squad Harris?

Yes, great players on great teams get cut before the regular season all the time. It's also true that guys whose roster spots were thought to be safe get taken by random training camp invites who just simply played better or showed more potential. It happens all the time. Very rarely do you see coaches (particularly on this staff) go, "We think we have a better chance of winning games if we keep Player X over Player Y, but we DID spend a draft pick on Player Y, sooo.... let's hope Player X makes it through to our practice squad!"
I think Charlton is farther along with his passrush repertoire than Harris is, so I think he’s higher on the totem pole.

If Danna is as underwhelming as I think he is, I still think they cut/trade/squad Harris to make room for him. An NFL roster is not a pure meritocracy— often times teams will keep a draft pick on a roster because he’s a draft pick.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:37 PM 05-02-2020
Direkshuns whore mother...?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:03 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I like it when my team wins Super Bowls.

My team had to win a Super Bowl despite losing THREE DEs, so we needed that depth from Harris to win.

He’s fantastic against the run, but needs a ton of coaching up for his passrush.

Fortunately, he’s super young.
Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Taco, Harris. That’s pretty damn good at DE.

As for Danna, I think he’s battling Ward for a PS position.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:39 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I'm fucking horny now!
[Reply]
Chargem 06:10 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm fucking horny now!
I think the signing is a good one and he has lots of untapped potential, but the highlights are a bit underwhelming. They include:

Getting a sack by being completely unblocked on a passing down against the Giants
Alex Smith / Deshaun Watson both getting themselves sacked
Watching a 2nd or 3rd string TE get wrecked for the Chargers.

Was barely able to get a chub from that.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:40 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Taco, Harris. That’s pretty damn good at DE.

As for Danna, I think he’s battling Ward for a PS position.
I agree with the first sentence. That’d be a very solid lineup.

I doubt the Chiefs put Danna on the PS. I think it was Veach who said another team wanted Danna, and I think they want to protect their investment.

Daly seems to love him, too. I think he’s a lock for the 53, which puts guys like Speaks and Harris on the outs now that Taco’s in house.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:45 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I think the signing is a good one and he has lots of untapped potential, but the highlights are a bit underwhelming. They include:

Getting a sack by being completely unblocked on a passing down against the Giants
Alex Smith / Deshaun Watson both getting themselves sacked
Watching a 2nd or 3rd string TE get wrecked for the Chargers.

Was barely able to get a chub from that.
It does show that he is perhaps the most athletic DE on the roster with fantastic size. It shows him winning legit passrush reps.

I think it’s a killer signing that has the makings of Ogbah 2.0.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:19 AM 05-03-2020
It does show that he is perhaps the most athletic DE on the roster with fantastic size. It shows him winning legit passrush reps.

I think it’s a killer signing that has the makings of Ogbah 2.0.
Especially since Taco doesn’t count against the comp pick formula.

I can see the Chiefs adding a WLB and vet CB like Dennard after they extend Jonsey.

#RunItBack
[Reply]
RunKC 08:40 AM 05-03-2020
I agree with the first sentence. That’d be a very solid lineup.

I doubt the Chiefs put Danna on the PS. I think it was Veach who said another team wanted Danna, and I think they want to protect their investment.

Daly seems to love him, too. I think he’s a lock for the 53, which puts guys like Speaks and Harris on the outs now that Taco’s in house.
I think with expanded rosters, there will be an additional spot on the OL and DL.

As for Speaks, I think he could be a long shot to make this roster. Veach just made moves to win the Super Bowl, something that hasn’t happened in 50 years, so his likely not gonna get flack if he moves on from Speaks.
Keep in mind that Speaks first impression with this new staff was coming in overweight and out of shape.

I could totally see Danna being Speaks replacement as he played an awful lot of DT in college.

Harris isn’t bad, but he’s not a good pass rusher. If Danna is better than him then so be it. That’s the beauty of camp
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:49 AM 05-03-2020
I don’t get the love for Harris (who is a fine player but nothing special) when compared to Charlton, Danna, or Speaks.

Charlton has pretty intriguing upside because of his size and overall athleticism at that size. That’s someone that, like Ogbah, could really shine as a strong side DE who can benefit from the attention Clark and Chris Jones demand, and he’s big enough to rotate inside on passing downs.

This coaching staff loves big, versatile ends they can use inside or outside. That’s why I believe Speaks makes the roster and is effective at least as a rotational player.

People are being WAY too influenced by Speaks’ being misused as a rookie.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:15 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t get the love for Harris (who is a fine player but nothing special) when compared to Charlton, Danna, or Speaks.

Charlton has pretty intriguing upside because of his size and overall athleticism at that size. That’s someone that, like Ogbah, could really shine as a strong side DE who can benefit from the attention Clark and Chris Jones demand, and he’s big enough to rotate inside on passing downs.

This coaching staff loves big, versatile ends they can use inside or outside. That’s why I believe Speaks makes the roster and is effective at least as a rotational player.

People are being WAY too influenced by Speaks’ being misused as a rookie.
That and the whole “showed up to TC out of shape and then suffered a season ending injury” thing.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:24 AM 05-03-2020
Is Burrito Rodriguez still available?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up