ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 295
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 03:23 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Allen was 6-2 210 and defenses were smaller in his day.
You said this "Yes you do have to be a....heavy back....to win "consistently" at short yardage situations."

But those guys were 235+, Marcus wasn't and he is the same weight as CEH albeit taller obviously.

CEH will be fine.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:29 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Banging for three is exactly why they drafted CEH (in addition to numerous other reasons). Veach personally said on far too many occasions last year they should have had a rush of 7-8 yards when everything was blocked up but instead gains of only 2-3. CEH will get Mahomes in 2nd and short with all of his playmakers. That is your money making down right there!

CEH isnt some gadget third down back. He is an every down back that will improve our run game drastically.
I guess it's......let's see what happens......time then. I want a bigger less expensive cat doing the WHAM.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:31 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You said this "Yes you do have to be a....heavy back....to win "consistently" at short yardage situations."

But those guys were 235+, Marcus wasn't and he is the same weight as CEH albeit taller obviously.

CEH will be fine.
Marcus Allen like Barry Sanders was ....unique.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:48 PM 04-27-2020
Marcus Allen like Barry Sanders was ....unique.
Oh come on, Allen wasn't that unique. He wasn't especially big or strong or fast (4.59 40) or have Barry's quicks. He was blessed with high football IQ, great balance, and he had great vision. In short yardage he had great patience coupled with a hair trigger burst into whatever crease he eventually found to convert.

And there have been plenty of guys that were great inside that weren't 230+ lbs.

Curtis Martin, LaDainlian, Thurman Thomas, Tony Dorsett . . .
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:50 PM 04-27-2020
CEH is unique. That's why the Chiefs drafted him. One of the ways in which he is unique is finding daylight between the tackles inside with otherworldly vision and elusiveness.

Ubeja doesn't watch film or listen when he is constantly proven wrong. It's like arguing with my uncle the Oklahoma chicken farmer about politics.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:52 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Spags system requires the players to be smart above all else. That would scare the crap out of me if I didn't trust the coaches in bringing in their guys.

Also, Kareem Hunt is on TV right now showing everyone how CEH could fit into this offense.
Again, if you watch what they did with Kareem Hunt, you can see CEH in this offense. NFL Network right now.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:53 PM 04-27-2020
I don't know about chicken farmer, but Ubeja is certainly a chicken fucker.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:54 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh come on, Allen wasn't that unique. He wasn't especially big or strong or fast (4.69 40) or have Barry's quicks. He was blessed with high football IQ, great balance, and he had great vision. in shot yardage he had great patience coupled with a hair trigger burst into whatever crease he eventually found to convert.

And there have been plenty of guys that were great inside that weren't 230+ lbs.

Curtis Martin, LaDainlian, Thurman Thomas, Tony Dorsett . . .
All the HOF RB's are unique, that is why so few make it. And all those you mentioned are in the HOF. i don't use HOFers to compare to rookies.

Ok, let's see what happens.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:57 PM 04-27-2020
I guess it's......let's see what happens......time then. I want a bigger less expensive cat doing the WHAM.
Extremely hard to find a guy that can "WHAM" like MJD but also catch like Darren Sproles. Just wait and see.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:57 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
CEH is unique. That's why the Chiefs drafted him. One of the ways in which he is unique is finding daylight between the tackles inside with otherworldly vision and elusiveness.

Ubeja doesn't watch film or listen when he is constantly proven wrong. It's like arguing with my uncle the Oklahoma chicken farmer about politics.
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have I been proven wrong? How about ya slow down with that until we see what actually happens, ok?

Show me this...CONSTANTLY...proven wrong since no football has been played.

Nobody is unique until they excell vs NFL competition.
[Reply]
O.city 03:58 PM 04-27-2020
Schefter picked him as early rookie of the year
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:02 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Schefter picked him as early rookie of the year
Let’s just wait and... SEE... ok, guy?
[Reply]
RustShack 04:03 PM 04-27-2020
He is basically a WR out of the backfield. Just another big weapon for Mahomes. He will be used like Westbrook and more currently McCaffery.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 04:06 PM 04-27-2020
Look guys....

They passed on a 228 pound workhorse with 4.3 jets because CEH is more versatile, he can do more. Ok, so use that versatility which is why he is there. Any RB can hit between the tackles, so ya gamble using your smallish/most expensive/most valuable RB in that role? Hell no ya don't, not saying he never...wham....am saying that isn't why he's in there.

Come on people, damn!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:08 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
He is basically a WR out of the backfield. Just another big weapon for Mahomes. He will be used like Westbrook and more currently McCaffery.
You can also line him up in the slot, we basically got two starters with one pick... Andy is gonna take his mad scientist game to a whole nother level with this guy
[Reply]
Page 66 of 295
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up