ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 301
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:39 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Is the "return they need" an entire pitching staff?

Close!

It would need to look, loosely, like the Adam Eaton trade. Which was:

1) top 25 prospect (Lucas Giolito, SP)
2) top 50-75 prospect (Reynaldo Lopez, SP)
3) top 100 fringe prospect (Dane Dunning, SP)

So the Royals need an elite guy, a near elite guy, and a guy on the verge of being a consensus top prospect to move Merrifield. IMO.

The Dodgers and the Braves have the juice to make that happen and the need/fit for Merrifield. Not sure either will be motivated to buy at that level.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:42 AM 07-15-2019
Eaton was 2.5 years younger.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:49 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’m just trying to get everyone in the lineup. They’re not going to release Gordon outright (nor do I really think they should) and Merrifield can slide over to 1B at the expense of Duda (who can kindly get the **** out).

The purposes he serves are as follows:

1) he’s not blocking anyone right now (except Lucas Duda, who can kindly get the **** out)
2) he’s the exact kind of veteran you do want around young players. He works hard, plays hard, has experienced lows and highs.
3) He’s one of the best players in team history and can block any trade they try. There’s a “good faith” value to both fans and his younger teammates to keeping him around.
What's a Gordon contract look like after this year?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:50 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
It doesn’t concern the royals so kinda irrelevant
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:52 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It doesn’t concern the royals so kinda irrelevant
Oh, okay, thanks..........:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:59 AM 07-15-2019
Eaton was 2.5 years younger.
What did his contract look like?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:00 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
What did his contract look like?
It looked 2.5 years older
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:06 AM 07-15-2019
It looked 2.5 years older

It was 3/$20 million, with two team options for $20 million total. All in, it was a 5/$50 million commitment. Compare that to 4/$30 million and your projected surplus value is probably pretty similar, even with the aging curve.

Yes, Eaton was younger. He also was less versatile and had never OPSed over .800.

The point is that’s the type of blow-away deal it would take the Royals to move Merrifield. And I don’t blame them for that. It might be a little lighter, but it would need to be similar.

Originally Posted by ChiTown:

I don’t know. And I don’t know I really want KC to consider it.

But 2/$15 million or something like that. There’s value in bringing up prospects and not expecting them to be lineup linchpins from Day 1.

If he ends up having a strong overall year, I think the team will have interest in bringing him back. OF gets crowded if Starling and Phillips perform well enough to earn starting spots next year. I’m not sure thats a guarantee.

Depending on what 1B is looking like, that might also be an option for Alex to get some PT if brought back.

Lot of moving parts there.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:05 PM 07-15-2019
So I'm reading Barlow is likely getting the call up. Lovelady and Zimmer just never going to get the chance? What gives?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:21 PM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So I'm reading Barlow is likely getting the call up. Lovelady and Zimmer just never going to get the chance? What gives?
Because we don't want to win this year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:42 PM 07-15-2019
Because Dayton is a clown.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:44 PM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Getting anything more than a bag of dicks for Homer Bailey is a win.
Hopefully the bag of sucks came with balls still attached. That's one hell of a deal
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:48 PM 07-15-2019
I'm curious to hear thoughts on the Royals supposedly holding out for three MLB ready prospects for Merrifield. I have no problem holding out for a high return, but why MLB ready? That screams of sacrificing higher upside talent in AA for lower upside pieces who can contribute now. IMO that's how you end up with Mark Teahen and John Buck.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:23 PM 07-15-2019
My nephew loved John Buck, when he was like 7 he wrote him a letter saying he was his fave player and even wore 28 or whatever his # was, for tee ball. My bro mailed the letter and a pic to Kauffman Stadium.

Rat f*** doosh bag didn’t even respond. I said “Was John Buck really getting too much fan mail?”
[Reply]
tk13 05:32 PM 07-15-2019
I'm curious to hear thoughts on the Royals supposedly holding out for three MLB ready prospects for Merrifield. I have no problem holding out for a high return, but why MLB ready? That screams of sacrificing higher upside talent in AA for lower upside pieces who can contribute now. IMO that's how you end up with Mark Teahen and John Buck.
Not necessarily. Giolito came up the year after he was traded, he was pretty much major league ready. That's exactly what they should be looking for. No way should they trade Whit for someone in A ball unless they are a dead set surefire lock.

The problem is other than Giolito, and Gleyber Torres, there aren't many trades like that in recent years.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 301
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Up