ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 24 of 82
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:01 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Jakemall:
to be fair, Tyson sucked after he parted with Bill Cayton and Kevin Rooney.
He must have forgotten how to fight without those two around or it could be he gained his reputation by knocking out journeyman fighters or fighters past their prime and when he finally ran into actual good/great fighters he was exposed.
[Reply]
Amnorix 05:07 PM 01-29-2014
So those denigrating Tyson's abilities as a boxer (he only fought old men, etc.) I think are really underestimating his speed, power and ferocity. He fought everyone that they was to fight, and to my knowledge never ducked any top contender. When he was young and in shape, he was absolutely phenomenal. I'd put him up against the best.

I think we can all agree on one thing -- if Tyson hits Lee square, Lee is done. One shot. Lee just isn't going to take a good shot from Tyson in his prime.

Nobody has mentioned this (probably because it's pointless), but I think it's fairly clear that if you give them both any kind of hand weapon, Tyson is probably meat. Stick, knife, ANYTHING, Lee is going to be able to use it to much better advantage than Tyson.

Bare hands -- I think it's close, but I'll give the nod to Lee. Basically Tyson's entire life was training to box, not to use legs, etc. Lee isn't going to box. He's going to be coming at Tyson with legs and from all kinds of angles that Tyson just isn't trained to deal with, from one of the best (and fastest) to ever live. I'll echo what someone else said -- Lee might very well put out Tyson's eyes, and then it's Tyson that is in a world of hurt.

A critical question is whether they're fighting in some parking lot or if they're in a ring. In a ring, Tyson might be able to just bull rush Lee, get him into a grapple, and then wring him out. He had 100 pounds of pure muscle on Lee, and that's no joke.

It's an interesting question though.

(and no, MMA guys beating up on fat slobs who can't even wipe their own ass isn't evidence of anything).
[Reply]
rico 05:21 PM 01-29-2014
How old was Berbick when Tyson knocked him out? That KO was funny.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:22 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
How old was Berbick when Tyson knocked him out? That KO was funny.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:17 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Just like Tyson did to Buster?

Mike never won against anyone worth a crap. And to think he could beat a Master in the art of fighting is pretty funny.
Martial Arts is the pretty way to fight, and in a way, so is boxing. Any MMA heavy weight champion would beat them both, easily.

Ask yourself this, if a 205 lbs MMA journeyman pro fought a 135 pound MMA champion who would win? It wouldn't even be close, the 205 lbs MMA journeymen would submit him in about 20 seconds.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 07:20 PM 01-29-2014
Mike Tyson is an athlete, who knows his discipline very well. He is sculpted and designed for those muscles to work in that way, and he's ridiculously dangerous at it.

Bruce Lee was a martial artist. He could fight in many different disciplines, adapt for different positions, and attack from directions Tyson simply wouldn't be trained for (like the legs). He also had a massive edge in discipline. Between these two, I chose Lee.

As much as it seems like a comedy bit, Chuck Norris would win against either. Unlike Lee, his training came from actual tournament combat, rather than fitness and sparring. Lee was more of a philosopher and teacher, but Norris at his prime was a better straight-up fighter.
[Reply]
penchief 07:35 PM 01-29-2014
Tyson was the most overhyped overrated boxer ever. Dude never fought anyone and when he finally did he got ass kicked. Dodged Holyfield until he had no choice but to fight him.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:47 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by penchief:
Tyson was the most overhyped overrated boxer ever. Dude never fought anyone and when he finally did he got ass kicked. Dodged Holyfield until he had no choice but to fight him.
Good point.

Bruce lee was always beating up elite fighters in pro fights, so that makes this pretty obvious.

Did i say 'pro fights'?

I meant 'movies.'
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:49 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Martial Arts is the pretty way to fight, and in a way, so is boxing. Any MMA heavy weight champion would beat them both, easily.

Ask yourself this, if a 205 lbs MMA journeyman pro fought a 135 pound MMA champion who would win? It wouldn't even be close, the 205 lbs MMA journeymen would submit him in about 20 seconds.
Boxing IS a martial art.

Why does everyone think eastern martial arts are so superior to western martial arts (boxing, wrestling, ect)? Seems it's a result of a generation that grew up during the ninja/kung fu fad of the late 70's and 80's.

When you look at MMA, chinese arts are almost non-existent for a reason. They're largely just myth because they look good on film while western arts are HEAVILY incorporated and basically required learning if you want to avoid getting your ass beat..
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:54 PM 01-29-2014
Just like Tyson did to Buster?

Mike never won against anyone worth a crap. And to think he could beat a Master in the art of fighting is pretty funny.
He was a master of Wing Chun.

Not 'fighting'.

Wing chun. This idea that a boxer is inferior to a Wing Chunner is an insult to your entire culture.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:56 PM 01-29-2014
I think it was Jet Li-who in his own right was a world champ- was asked about who would win.

He said it would be hard for anyone to beat Bruce if it was a life and death fight-Bruce was so fast, and he could punch his finger through a board- first thing he would do is take your eyes out with a finger jab.

It would be hard for roided up Tyson to fight with no eyes.
Wushu is more about showmanship than actual fighting. Jet Li is hella entertaining, but his art doesn't have a whole lot of practical merit when compared to boxing.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:58 PM 01-29-2014
what about Rocky Maricano?

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:59 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
what about Rocky Maricano?

I dunno... would the mob pay off Bruce to lose?
[Reply]
mike_b_284 08:08 PM 01-29-2014
Didn't you ever play tekken?
jax vs law

Wait, jax was mk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:22 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by mike_b_284:
Didn't you ever play tekken?
jax vs law

Wait, jax was mk
There was Jack in Tekken. He was the huge robot guy.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 82
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up