ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Hall of Classics>NFT: Man Can Sue Over Surprise Pregnancy
The Rick 02:36 PM 02-24-2005
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...us/sperm_theft
Originally Posted by :
Court: Man Can Sue Over Surprise Pregnancy

CHICAGO - An appeals court said a man can press a claim for emotional distress after learning a former lover had used his sperm to have a baby. But he can't claim theft, the ruling said, because the sperm were hers to keep.

The ruling Wednesday by the Illinois Appellate Court sends Dr. Richard O. Phillips' distress case back to trial court.

Phillips accuses Dr. Sharon Irons of a "calculated, profound personal betrayal" after their affair six years ago, saying she secretly kept semen after they had oral sex, then used it to get pregnant.

He said he didn't find out about the child for nearly two years, when Irons filed a paternity lawsuit. DNA tests confirmed Phillips was the father, the court papers state.

Phillips was ordered to pay about $800 a month in child support, said Irons' attorney, Enrico Mirabelli.

Phillips sued Irons, claiming he has had trouble sleeping and eating and has been haunted by "feelings of being trapped in a nightmare," court papers state.

Irons responded that her alleged actions weren't "truly extreme and outrageous" and that Phillips' pain wasn't bad enough to merit a lawsuit. The circuit court agreed and dismissed Phillips' lawsuit in 2003.

But the higher court ruled that, if Phillips' story is true, Irons "deceitfully engaged in sexual acts, which no reasonable person would expect could result in pregnancy, to use plaintiff's sperm in an unorthodox, unanticipated manner yielding extreme consequences."

The judges backed the lower court decision to dismiss the fraud and theft claims, agreeing with Irons that she didn't steal the sperm.

"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift — an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said. "There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request."

Phillips is representing himself in the case. He could not be reached for comment Thursday.

"There's a 5-year-old child here," Mirabelli said. "Imagine how a child feels when your father says he feels emotionally damaged by your birth."

[Reply]
badgirl 03:58 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by ENDelt260:
Don't be too shocked. I'm convinced she doesn't actually understand Phil's post. I don't think she has any idea what she was actually saying in her response.
I GIVE UP.... :-)
[Reply]
Phobia 03:58 PM 02-24-2005
Wow. It sure is a good thing you take it in the butt otherwise I'm not sure I could take all the dumb emanating from you.
[Reply]
badgirl 04:00 PM 02-24-2005
So, should a sperm donor also be liable if the artificially inseminated woman decides she wants his money, too?
No, but he didn't actually perform any kind of sex act with receipent of the sperm.
[Reply]
Phobia 04:01 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by badgirl:
I understand all of it, and he got a blow job out of it, and so, it don't matter, there is a baby now, and he needs to go ahead and pay and quit trying to get out of it.
Oh bullshit. 'lil stumpy drew you a picture with his crayons and now you kinda understand so you're backtracking.

If somebody fished Stumppy's condom out of the toilet and stuck a baster in their cootch, do you think he should pay child support?
[Reply]
Phobia 04:02 PM 02-24-2005
:-) Why does it matter if she takes it in the butt if she ain't takin' it from you?

stump's the one getting payout for enduring her. What the hell do we get?
I don't have to deal with her. I can walk away anytime. I was speaking from my brutha, stumppy's perspective.
[Reply]
badgirl 04:03 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Oh bullshit. 'lil stumpy drew you a picture with his crayons and now you kinda understand so you're backtracking.

If somebody fished Stumppy's condom out of the toilet and stuck a baster in their cootch, do you think he should pay child support?
Not if he used a condom to start with, for protection, but that would never work anyway.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:03 PM 02-24-2005
I understand all of it, and he got a blow job out of it, and so, it don't matter, there is a baby now, and he needs to go ahead and pay and quit trying to get out of it.
You have got to be fuggin' kiddin me??? :-)

Okay, fine....so, hypothetically, I have sex with a woman during her menstrual cycle--and somehow I preserve the "egg" and use it to impregnate a surrogate mother for the purpose of producing a child for me; I've used my sperm to create the conception ....as father that child, I become the sole parent. I should be able to come after you in a couple of years when I decide to make you live up to your "motherly" responsibilities, eh?

I'm gonna start hangin' around the toilets of some rich broads looking for vaginal discharge then..... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:03 PM 02-24-2005
So let me get this strait.

She's a doctor. She played him a song on the skin flute. She kept the batter and basted an egg later.

She's a doctor........a highly paid Physician, who became pregnant through deciet, and He has to pay $800/month?

why does she need that kind of loot?
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:05 PM 02-24-2005
no reasonable expectation...........unless she is one of those Auto-felatiation-capable broads, and a county fair Pumpkin seed spitting champion..............and he saw her do it.

She's a money grubbing Ho.
[Reply]
Phobia 04:06 PM 02-24-2005
Not if he used a condom to start with, for protection, but that would never work anyway.
You originally said holding it in her mouth wouldn't work either. Now you're floundering all over the place to save face.

Why the hell would the guy use a condom if he's shooting in her mouth? We're not debating STD's here, it's all about pregnancy.

EVEN IF THE GUY USED A CONDOM, WHAT'S TO STOP THE LADY FROM HARVESTING THE SPERM FROM INSIDE THE CONDOM.

Come on, girl. Think. You sound like a jilted woman who didn't get all her child support.
[Reply]
badgirl 04:06 PM 02-24-2005
You don't think that if you blow your load in a broad's mouth you don't have a reasonable expectation that she's not gonna turn up pregnant?

I don't see how this is a case of a man being irresponsible. You're a loon.
:-) OK HE SHOULDN'T PAY A DAMN DIME, as a matter of fact I was in a heated argument a few months back in the DC forum about this, kinda like this, my nephew is 16 and he knocked up a 15 year old, my sister offered to pay for the abortion and counceling for the girl, she refused to have the abortion, my nephew didn't want her to have the baby either, but what can he do? I dont think he should have to pay child support if he offered to pay to let it go and she refused.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:08 PM 02-24-2005
Wait, wait, wait... so using a condom to prevent pregnancy gets you off the hook, but NOT EVEN PUTTING YOUR PENIS IN HER VAGINA doesn't?

You're completely insane.
On this issue, she certainly is.

WTF, Stumpy??? Is she stoned right now, or what?
[Reply]
badgirl 04:09 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
On this issue, she certainly is.

WTF, Stumpy??? Is she stoned right now, or what?
:-) nope, can't even use that as an excuse
[Reply]
Phobia 04:09 PM 02-24-2005
:-) OK HE SHOULDN'T PAY A DAMN DIME, as a matter of fact I was in a heated argument a few months back in the DC forum about this, kinda like this, my nephew is 16 and he knocked up a 15 year old, my sister offered to pay for the abortion and counceling for the girl, she refused to have the abortion, my nephew didn't want her to have the baby either, but what can he do? I dont think he should have to pay child support if he offered to pay to let it go and she refused.
WHAT?!?!? You have zero capacity for applied logic. Holy shit.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:09 PM 02-24-2005
If this asshole didn't want a "surprise" he should have used protection, its much his fault as hers. Hes a dumbass
RUN LIKE THE WIND STUMPY!!!! Badgranny is trying to set you up as a long term Rent Sollution!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up