ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 46
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Glazer: Chiefs expect Mahomes to play in AFCCG
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 PM 01-17-2021
Just now on FOX postgame.

Said the reason he was real woozy getting up was they thought he got choked out to some extent by the LB..

But sounded very confident he was going to be good for this week. Also said Mahomes was trying to go back into the game today.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:35 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You don’t think Andy could scheme a game with Henne at qb that could put him in a position to win? Not saying we can win it with Henne, but I think we could make a game of it with the weapons we have, and a good plan. Not like the Bills defense is stellar!
Hmm, how to answer this.....

No:-)

Not against a Josh Allen lead Bills team. Close for a half? Maybe. Close for the entire game? I don't think so.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:36 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Wow. In that clip you even see the leg and arm stiffen up like Mahomes’ did.

That is what happened I bet. Never heard of such a thing in football.
You hit the right nerve your body does some weird shit.
[Reply]
philfree 12:39 PM 01-18-2021
You don’t think Andy could scheme a game with Henne at qb that could put him in a position to win? Not saying we can win it with Henne, but I think we could make a game of it with the weapons we have, and a good plan. Not like the Bills defense is stellar!
Last time we played them we ran the ball down their face so I'd say there is a chance.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:44 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Hmm, how to answer this.....

No:-)

Not against a Josh Allen lead Bills team. Close for a half? Maybe. Close for the entire game? I don't think so.
Scary Josh Allen who just mustered 10 points on 60 minutes vs Andy Reid who got a win against Minnesota, and went toe to toe with Rogers with Moore last year? We still have Reek, Kelce, (maybe) Watkins, Hardman, Pringle, (maybe) CEH.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:48 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Last time we played them we ran the ball down their face so I'd say there is a chance.
Buffalo doesn’t play the same defensive scheme against Henne.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:51 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
They were committed to rushing few linemen and playing the pass. The Chiefs were taking what the defense gave them.

Against Henne, they'd have more defenders at the line of scrimmage. They'd expect KC to run more. Also more blitzes. The Chiefs O-Line has not seen a lot of blitzes because defenses don't want to blitz Mahomes much. Henne doesn't scare Buffalo's defense.
[Reply]
philfree 12:51 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Buffalo doesn’t play the same defensive scheme against Henne.
LOL no they won't but we know that going in.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:05 PM 01-18-2021
Problem is that execution would have to be pretty perfect. Though it probably could be done, it would just be a lot more of a nail-biter than anyone on CP could bear.

Let's not forget just how lousy BUF looked vs. BAL a couple days ago. Which is to say they looked like crap. On both sides of the ball. If not for the world's greatest kicker shanking two consecutive FGs and Lamar inexplicably throwing that pick-6, the game would've ended either win BAL winning outright, or BUF winning 10-9.

And that BAL defense gave up 35 to us in both of our previous meetings. For BUF to be that ineffective against the same exact defense is telling.
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:10 PM 01-18-2021
I think if Mahomes some how didn't play, Andy could scheme something that would at least keep the game interesting for a bit and if they got just enough plays maybe just maybe they could compete for a win.

A lot of luck in that though. They lose I think without Mahomes but I wouldn't say that they couldn't at least make it competitive at least for a little while.
[Reply]
IrishChief 01:14 PM 01-18-2021
With the Mahomes situation up in the air (personally think he will play) will the Bills need to prepare all week for Mahomes and Henne as QB? Keeping them second quessing is obviously a plus for us
[Reply]
philfree 01:20 PM 01-18-2021
We held the Bills to 17 points in the regular season. We just held the Browns to 17 points. Henne put up 21 points in his only start and that was without Hill and Kelce and other starters as well. I think considering all of that if Mahomes can't play we still have a chance to get the win.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:21 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
With the Mahomes situation up in the air (personally think he will play) will the Bills need to prepare all week for Mahomes and Henne as QB? Keeping them second quessing is obviously a plus for us
Lol, I don’t think they’ll do a lot of ‘preparing for’ on Henne. Think they’ll just assume it’s going to be Mahomes, prepare accordingly, and if they show up Sunday and see Chad coming to lineup under center they’ll just consider it a pleasant surprise.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:34 PM 01-18-2021
Right after Mahomes went down then wobbled up my friend from the USAF special forces texted me: "Don't think it's a concussion. Sharp blow to the side of the neck causes unconsciousness by shock to the carotid artery, jugular vein, and Vagus nerve."

Not a "choke out."

Fun fact: you don't "choke" the carotid. You strangle it. So, anyone banning "carotid choke holds" are banning something that doesn't exist.
[Reply]
scho63 01:35 PM 01-18-2021
Mahomes got.......

[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:38 PM 01-18-2021
A perfectly executed rear naked still takes a few seconds. Blunt trauma to the carotid is instant.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 46
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up