ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dear Andy, protect your quarterback. Signed, everyone.
Wallcrawler 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
Andy Reid. Lot of ways to describe this man.

Innovator. Genius. Guru.

So how does a man deserving of these adjectives, who has coached for two decades plus, guiding now two separate franchises to host a hat trick of title games not understand that exposing the very reason your team transcends all others is UNFATHOMABLY stupid?

3rd n 1. Big bruising back in the game playing well. Best arm on the planet running the offense. Lets not hand it off though, let's call a designed run exposing our qb to a free shot that gets his head ripped off.

Why?

Mahomes isn't going to back off from the call, and the guy puts a bullseye on his back enough with his own scrambles down field. Its YOUR JOB to protect your quarterback.

Why the fuck are you calling designed qb running plays? He was already dinged and limping around. You cannot honestly believe that THIS was the only way you could get one yard on this trash defense.

15 is the reason KC is favored in every contest.

15 covers MANY of your warts as a play caller and time manager.

15 is the guy who saved your coaching legacy, bringing you a championship that eluded you for years, because your other quarterbacks could not overcome your post season pant shitting.

Why you choose to put 15 in harms way intentionally is beyond any sane line of thinking. It isnt like you have an o line that can protect him. You have a former #1 and a bunch of JAGS up front trying their best to just not look like a retard trying to fuck a doorknob.

Every time he drops back, he has to run for his life already, so to just throw him into the teeth of the defense, intentionally, is simply unfathomably stupid.

Take a look at your incredible 3 point performance in the second half against the terrible Browns defense. That's how far an innovative, guru genius like you is going to get with Chad fucking Henne.

So please. For all of us, pal.

Take care of your fucking quarterback.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Let's hope their bargain basement locks protect their most valuable asset for a long time to come. While it's a challenge to argue with success, I suspect we all know at the rate PMII is getting hurt he won't be playing into his mid 40s. Maybe that just comes with the type of player he is and less about the quality of the O-line. We'll see, time will tell which way they go and what the results end up being. To argue against my own desire for a stud O-line, I guess it doesn't much matter if your QB's nature is to get out of the pocket.

So, again, we'll see.
To date, none of Patrick's injuries were due to poor line play. They've all occurred with him as a ball carrier, whether it was the ankle, the knee, or now the neck.

It's the nature of his game. And even if he was more of a pocket passer, loading up the offensive line is wasted cap space that could be more effectively used elsewhere. 80% of the top 10 offensive lines in the league are now sitting at home watching the playoffs. In the AFC, we know the Chiefs. The Bills are arguably worse in terms of spending. If it weren't for Mitch Morse at C, it wouldn't even be comparable, because the Bills have spent virtually nothing on the rest of their line save LT.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:18 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To date, none of Patrick's injuries were due to poor line play. They've all occurred with him as a ball carrier, whether it was the ankle, the knee, or now the neck.

It's the nature of his game. And even if he was more of a pocket passer, loading up the offensive line is wasted cap space that could be more effectively used elsewhere. 80% of the top 10 offensive lines in the league are now sitting at home watching the playoffs. In the AFC, we know the Chiefs. The Bills are arguably worse in terms of spending. If it weren't for Mitch Morse at C, it wouldn't even be comparable, because the Bills have spent virtually nothing on the rest of their line save LT.
Fair enough, but with that in mind I'm wondering what the logic was behind such a long contract.
[Reply]
O.city 11:18 AM 01-19-2021

Last years ankle injuries were due to poor OL play.
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 01-19-2021
I think the best way to move away from having him have to run the option and such, is to improve the traditional run game. CEH healthy and a healthy OL (improved or not) will help. I'd imagine that was part of the plan heading into the season as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 01-19-2021
Fair enough, but with that in mind I'm wondering what the logic was behind such a long contract.
Because he's on track to be the best QB to ever play the game and they don't want him to go anywhere else?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think the best way to move away from having him have to run the option and such, is to improve the traditional run game. CEH healthy and a healthy OL (improved or not) will help. I'd imagine that was part of the plan heading into the season as well.
Yeah, let's take the ball out of his hands and be more like the Titans and Ravens, both of whom are watching from home this weekend.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:23 AM 01-19-2021
Because he's on track to be the best QB to ever play the game and they don't want him to go anywhere else?
I hope he into his mid 40s.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 01-19-2021
Yeah, let's take the ball out of his hands and be more like the Titans and Ravens, both of whom are watching from home this weekend.
If it keeps him healthy and lets them improve in short yardage situations, go for it.

It's worked for the Packers who are playing in their second straight championship game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 01-19-2021
I hope he into his mid 40s.
Why wouldn't he?

Aaron Rodgers has ha two season-ending injuries in 8 years, behind a very good offensive line. And he's 37.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 01-19-2021
If it keeps him healthy and lets them improve in short yardage situations, go for it.

It's worked for the Packers who are playing in their second straight championship game.
It worked for the Saints too. So well that they dominate the regular season and can't win in the playoffs. Like the Baltimore Ravens of the NFC.

Improving the o-line isn't going to keep him healthy. It's fools gold. It didn't keep Rodgers healthy. And it has resulted in zero Super Bowl appearances in a decade.

No thanks. I'll pass.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:46 AM 01-19-2021
Last years ankle injuries were due to poor OL play.
Let's be honest: Pat's ankle was stepped on. That's not poor line play; the technical term for that is it was an "accident."
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 AM 01-19-2021
:-) You're still on with this dumbass narrative that improving the OL won't immensely help Mahomes? Ask the Colts how they feel about letting their OL play deteriorate around their franchise QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) You're still on with this dumbass narrative that improving the OL won't immensely help Mahomes? Ask the Colts how they feel about letting their OL play deteriorate around their franchise QB.
Improving the OL will help everybody. So will improving the WR corps, the TE group, the RB's, the defensive line, the linebackers, and the DB's.

Improvement is improvement.

It's not about improving, it's about how much needs to be spent to do it.

And the evidence OVERWHELMINGLY suggests the over-investing in the OL is going backwards, not forwards.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 01-19-2021
If you want to argue that the resources are better used elsewhere, that's fine, but to pretend like it wouldn't make a difference is ridiculous.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:52 AM 01-19-2021
This might be the first time in my life that i actually welcome some early round fatties.

Kind of a trip to say. But that's where we are.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up