ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dear Andy, protect your quarterback. Signed, everyone.
Wallcrawler 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
Andy Reid. Lot of ways to describe this man.

Innovator. Genius. Guru.

So how does a man deserving of these adjectives, who has coached for two decades plus, guiding now two separate franchises to host a hat trick of title games not understand that exposing the very reason your team transcends all others is UNFATHOMABLY stupid?

3rd n 1. Big bruising back in the game playing well. Best arm on the planet running the offense. Lets not hand it off though, let's call a designed run exposing our qb to a free shot that gets his head ripped off.

Why?

Mahomes isn't going to back off from the call, and the guy puts a bullseye on his back enough with his own scrambles down field. Its YOUR JOB to protect your quarterback.

Why the fuck are you calling designed qb running plays? He was already dinged and limping around. You cannot honestly believe that THIS was the only way you could get one yard on this trash defense.

15 is the reason KC is favored in every contest.

15 covers MANY of your warts as a play caller and time manager.

15 is the guy who saved your coaching legacy, bringing you a championship that eluded you for years, because your other quarterbacks could not overcome your post season pant shitting.

Why you choose to put 15 in harms way intentionally is beyond any sane line of thinking. It isnt like you have an o line that can protect him. You have a former #1 and a bunch of JAGS up front trying their best to just not look like a retard trying to fuck a doorknob.

Every time he drops back, he has to run for his life already, so to just throw him into the teeth of the defense, intentionally, is simply unfathomably stupid.

Take a look at your incredible 3 point performance in the second half against the terrible Browns defense. That's how far an innovative, guru genius like you is going to get with Chad fucking Henne.

So please. For all of us, pal.

Take care of your fucking quarterback.
[Reply]
njchiefs 09:21 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
He got knocked the **** out dude. lol. "dizziness"...
No if you watch it carefully he may not have been “knocked” out. He may have briefly lost consciousness from transient interruption of blood flow to the brain from carotid compression. It would certainly cause him to stagger when he tried to stand up. It looked like he was dragged briefly by the neck, maybe choked. Important difference though because the risk from concussion is related to the traumatic bruise which doesn’t occur in a transient choking.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:22 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Jelly legs. That's a sure sign the brain stem got wobbled. But I digress. It was just dizziness.
A wobbled brain stem?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:29 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
No if you watch it carefully he may not have been “knocked” out. He may have briefly lost consciousness from transient interruption of blood flow to the brain from carotid compression. It would certainly cause him to stagger when he tried to stand up. It looked like he was dragged briefly by the neck, maybe choked. Important difference though because the risk from concussion is related to the traumatic bruise which doesn’t occur in a transient choking.
Yeah, it's very clear on the replays. No helmet to helmet or even head contact... no hard contact with the turf. And someone in the GDT with an actual medical background was guessing neck compression type of issues.

Standing up and wobbling all over the place, it certainly looked like he had gotten knocked out, but he didn't.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:30 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
A couple people in the GDT mentioned something along the lines of "neck compression"... not a concussion, but something that can cause dizziness.

I watched that replay several times and there wasn't helmet to helmet contact and I'm pretty sure his head didn't make contact with the turf.

I'm sure their protocols side on extreme caution.
Cool, that's kind of what I saw too.
[Reply]
Pants 09:31 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, it's very clear on the replays. No helmet to helmet or even head contact... no hard contact with the turf. And someone in the GDT with an actual medical background was guessing neck compression type of issues.

Standing up and wobbling all over the place, it certainly looked like he had gotten knocked out, but he didn't.
Mack Wilson's forearm slammed into his neck where I think the carotid artery runs.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:49 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Mack Wilson's forearm slammed into his neck where I think the carotid artery runs.
The kneebuckle when he stood up obviously was not good but from the sounds of it he probably could have gone back in. Not saying he should have but probably could have. Doesn't seem like it was any kind of concussion.
[Reply]
njchiefs 09:51 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Right, so I suspect he’ll have some kind of arteriography, CTA or MRA or at least an ultrasound to confirm that he hasn’t done any damage (ie dissection) to the carotids.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:02 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
Right, so I suspect he’ll have some kind of arteriography, CTA or MRA or at least an ultrasound to confirm that he hasn’t done any damage (ie dissection) to the carotids.
I bet he gets MRI/MRA because of the injury.
Might as well look at the noodle too

None of it is probably necessary though
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
The guy has to run enough as is on designed passes. As said, He's not backing off any call. You have running backs to get "tough yards". They're not called tough yards for nothing.

Mahomes throws the ball. He's the best on the planet. So until you have someone behind him that can do what he can, you leave the route running, and the plowing headlong into the teeth of the defense to the guys on your roster paid to ****ing do that.
If you watched both games today, you saw more than one QB sneak.

Just stop.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:12 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
A wobbled brain stem?
Yeah, you just slide a folded cigarette box under one side and it's gonna even itself out. Easy peasy.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:14 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you watched both games today, you saw more than one QB sneak.

Just stop.
I get what you're saying but sneaks are nothing like the kind of runs Patrick usually does or the one he got hurt on today. In fact he is the only QB I have ever seen get hurt on a sneak and that was a complete fluke.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:15 PM 01-17-2021
Starting to be a Little concerned Mahomes is injury prone. Protect his ass.

He’s certainly no ‘Ironman’ Favre, Rivers or Manning.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:20 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

I think today's injury was a bit fluky and I wouldn't call him "injury prone". Dude is tough and takes some hits.

But go back to the Miami game and probably even before but they beat the shit out of him. New Orleans beat the shit out of him. Atlanta beat the shit out of him.

Dude has taken a lot of hits from poor protection this season and especially late in the season.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:25 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

You continue to show your football ignorance. Both injuries have been odd contact injuries. That does not make him injury prone.
[Reply]
alanm 10:32 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs have already removed the QB sneak play from their playbook that every other team runs... it’s a contact sport and shit happens.
And that was a overreaction too. Pat's a big boy he should be able to line up behind center and get 1 yrd when need be. You can't treat him like he's a fucking china doll. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up