ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dear Andy, protect your quarterback. Signed, everyone.
Wallcrawler 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
Andy Reid. Lot of ways to describe this man.

Innovator. Genius. Guru.

So how does a man deserving of these adjectives, who has coached for two decades plus, guiding now two separate franchises to host a hat trick of title games not understand that exposing the very reason your team transcends all others is UNFATHOMABLY stupid?

3rd n 1. Big bruising back in the game playing well. Best arm on the planet running the offense. Lets not hand it off though, let's call a designed run exposing our qb to a free shot that gets his head ripped off.

Why?

Mahomes isn't going to back off from the call, and the guy puts a bullseye on his back enough with his own scrambles down field. Its YOUR JOB to protect your quarterback.

Why the fuck are you calling designed qb running plays? He was already dinged and limping around. You cannot honestly believe that THIS was the only way you could get one yard on this trash defense.

15 is the reason KC is favored in every contest.

15 covers MANY of your warts as a play caller and time manager.

15 is the guy who saved your coaching legacy, bringing you a championship that eluded you for years, because your other quarterbacks could not overcome your post season pant shitting.

Why you choose to put 15 in harms way intentionally is beyond any sane line of thinking. It isnt like you have an o line that can protect him. You have a former #1 and a bunch of JAGS up front trying their best to just not look like a retard trying to fuck a doorknob.

Every time he drops back, he has to run for his life already, so to just throw him into the teeth of the defense, intentionally, is simply unfathomably stupid.

Take a look at your incredible 3 point performance in the second half against the terrible Browns defense. That's how far an innovative, guru genius like you is going to get with Chad fucking Henne.

So please. For all of us, pal.

Take care of your fucking quarterback.
[Reply]
O.city 12:40 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It depends on what they do with Reiter. If they let him go, there's 1 new starter.

There's also the thing with Schwartz.

The issue here is that most people hate Wylie and don't think much more of LDT. Both of those guys will likely be starters next year.

Otherwise you ARE overhauling the whole thing.
I don't want to hand a job to LDT after he hasn't played in a year.

Wylie is....fine. He's not good, maybe not average, but he's fine if everything else is ok. I think a good C would go along way with him.

But it's not ideal, but they're gonna have to probably start bringing in talent
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:44 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I seem to remember the 49ers OL opening up gaping holes for Mostert as the reason they easily won that game.
Yeah and their starters were:

LT Joe Staley - 1st round pick of the 49ers in 2007
LG Laken Tomlinson - former 1st round pick cut by the Lions, made just over $4M last year
C Mike Person - 7th round pick of the 49ers in 2011
RG Ben Garland - UDFA, played for 3 different teams, made about $1M last year
RT Mike McGlinchey - 1st round pick of the 49ers in 2018

See a pattern there?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't want to hand a job to LDT after he hasn't played in a year.

Wylie is....fine. He's not good, maybe not average, but he's fine if everything else is ok. I think a good C would go along way with him.

But it's not ideal, but they're gonna have to probably start bringing in talent
You may not want to but the guy is under contract in a cap-strapped season and a former starter. He's almost assured of being the starting RG to start the season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:46 PM 01-19-2021
Yeah and their starters were:

LT Joe Staley - 1st round pick of the 49ers in 2007
LG Laken Tomlinson - former 1st round pick cut by the Lions, made just over $4M last year
C Mike Person - 7th round pick of the 49ers in 2011
RG Ben Garland - UDFA, played for 3 different teams, made about $1M last year
RT Mike McGlinchey - 1st round pick of the 49ers in 2018

See a pattern there?
Have you seen the pattern where one of our OTs is on the brink of retirement and the other may not be too far behind him?
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 01-19-2021
You may not want to but the guy is under contract in a cap-strapped season and a former starter. He's almost assured of being the starting RG to start the season.
I'd cut him and get some money back.
[Reply]
O.city 12:47 PM 01-19-2021
Why does everyone assume Fisher is on the brink of retiring? He's been in the league 7 years.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:49 PM 01-19-2021
Why does everyone assume Fisher is on the brink of retiring? He's been in the league 7 years.
Back problems for an OT are never a good sign.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:55 PM 01-19-2021
How many games has Fisher missed this year?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:56 PM 01-19-2021
He's basically un-cuttable next year. If I'm reading it correctly, we'd actually lose cap space by cutting him due to the $750k COVID payment this year and his 2022 contract already being voided.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...-tardif-14611/
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:57 PM 01-19-2021
I could be thinking of someone else, but I think I read on Arrowhead Pride the other day that cutting LDT doesn't help, for whatever reason. Probably Dane or one of the other guys that keeps up with the cap news would know.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:59 PM 01-19-2021
Have you seen the pattern where one of our OTs is on the brink of retirement and the other may not be too far behind him?
I sure have.

What does that have to do with throwing money and picks at the INTERIOR offensive line, which is where most of the complaints are?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He's basically un-cuttable next year. If I'm reading it correctly, we'd actually lose cap space by cutting him due to the $750k COVID payment this year and his 2022 contract already being voided.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...-tardif-14611/
Yep.

LDT is staying. No way to get rid of him without eating cap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:01 PM 01-19-2021
Fisher and Remmers had back "pain". That's not necessarily an injury. People get sore for all kinds of reasons that aren't lingering or chronic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I could be thinking of someone else, but I think I read on Arrowhead Pride the other day that cutting LDT doesn't help, for whatever reason. Probably Dane or one of the other guys that keeps up with the cap news would know.
You get back about $4M and accelerate over $7M in dead cap space.

He'd cost you over $3M in cap space to get him off the roster.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:03 PM 01-19-2021
I sure have.

What does that have to do with throwing money and picks at the INTERIOR offensive line, which is where most of the complaints are?
Feel free to point out where anybody said only the IOL is an issue. Maybe back before the Schwartz injury that was a thing, but not recently.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up