ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 72
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Smart teams do, but in general most teams aren’t smart. Even smart franchises are doing stupid shit.

We’re talking about a league that has had a lot of teams hire Patriot Way losers o ver and over again without having the slightest clue that it never works and turns out terribly every time.

The Giants are considered a good franchise historically and yet they hired Judge and what do ya know? The Patriot **** already got into a first fight in year 1.
Look across the league, man. The Packers, Rams, Browns, Bengals, 49ers and Cardinals have all hired young, smart coaches that not only relate well to the players but the public as well.

Sure, Joe Judge had an argument with a hothead but he didn't lose the team. Matt Rhule has been extremely impressive in Carolina, despite the fact they had bottomed out as a franchise due to the former owner, yet he has them playing smart football. Brian Flores is only 39 years old and he's coached the shit out of the Dolphins and it's pretty clear that he's not following the "Patriot's Way" because he's doing anything and everything to win football games. He's not playing "God" down there and calling important team members "Players" instead of their names. He and Gaines have built an above average roster in a very short time and they have multiple first round picks in 2021.

This isn't 2010 nor is it 2015. The new NFL owners understand that this is a "Young Man's League" and that it takes a head coach that can relate to these guys as a leader.

Look no further than Mike Tomlin. Dude was a kid when he was hired yet he's led them to two Super Bowls and while he's not the greatest "X's and O's" guy in the league, he knows personalities and how to manage them.

That is more than half the battle.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:43 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
As a college offensive coordinator? Meh. Who cares?
It's the only time in his career that he was designing an offense and calling plays, so it matters.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 12:50 PM 12-31-2020
GM: "We interviewed EB and it was a poor interview. Hmm.. what didn't we like about the interview again?"

Owner: "Well, he was black for starters"

GM: "Oh yeah.. real bad interview"

I kid, I kid, but it does sound like BS to me.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:52 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bieniemy's "biggest problem" is that he's a 52 year old offensive coordinator who isn't designing the offense, nor is he calling the plays.

In his last stint as an offensive coordinator in which he DID design the offense and call the plays, the team went a miserable 4-21 and could barely score points. The 2012 team, which went 1-11, holds the record for worst season in Colorado history.

After being fired along with the rest of the coaching staff, he was hired as the Chiefs running backs coach, a role in which he had from 2013-2017.

Since then, no one outside of Chiefs employees, truly knows and understands his role, which is a problem for a perspective employer.
Which is why a lot of franchises prefer to play it safe and hire recycled coaches like McCarthy, Bellichek, Schottenheimer and Reid himself. It’s tough to hire an unknown.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:49 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I think his hook is that he's a coach that players love, but yet he's not a pushover, has high expectations and standards so they also have to respect him.

I think he can probably assemble a good staff, which is also half the battle.

I've found in life that 90% of the people that interview well are just that... good at bullshitting.

It certainly doesn't make you a great football coach if you are a good interviewer by conventional standards, IMO.
I cannot imagine that Bill Belichick was a great interview.
[Reply]
Cheater5 02:07 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Don't let his post-game pressers color your judgement too much; when he wants to be he can be articulate, thoughtful, and displays an obvious passion for the subtle nuances of the game...but only when he is asked good football questions. Just my .02 cents.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:38 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Belichick didn't need to have a great interview because his Super Bowl rings spoke for themselves, even before he became the HC of the Browns.

Robert Kraft knew exactly what he was getting, too, as BB served on Parcell's staff in the 90's.
[Reply]
notorious 02:53 PM 12-31-2020
Belichick didn't need to have a great interview because his Super Bowl rings spoke for themselves, even before he became the HC of the Browns.

Robert Kraft knew exactly what he was getting, too, as BB served on Parcell's staff in the 90's.
It was a shocker when he told the Jets to get fucked and went to the Pats which, to my recollection, pissed Parcells off something fierce.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:55 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
It was a shocker when he told the Jets to get fucked and went to the Pats which, to my recollection, pissed Parcells off something fierce.
Yeah, they didn't speak for years after that but clearly, BB made the right call.

I mean holy shit! The Jets couldn't even lose properly in order to get the best QB prospect in decades.

We all know that the Jets organization is a gigantic dumpster fire but their epic stupidity is still shocking.

I just don't know how they have any fans left.
[Reply]
notorious 02:59 PM 12-31-2020
Yeah, they didn't speak for years after that but clearly, BB made the right call.

I mean holy shit! The Jets couldn't even lose properly in order to get the best QB prospect in decades.
Boy did he ever choose correctly. Parcells had the Jets job lined up specifically for Belichick, and Bill had the balls to say no.

He basically told his NFL dad “no” to taking over the family business.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:04 PM 12-31-2020
Bieniemy's "biggest problem" is that he's a 52 year old offensive coordinator who isn't designing the offense, nor is he calling the plays.
We don't know that, do we? I'm legit asking, because I'm not sure.

Sometimes we don't really know what Andy Reid offensive coordinators do and don't do. Even a task that we can actually see by watching games (playcalling) has some debate over it. Because there have been multiple times during the Reid era where Andy was calling plays for stretches of the season, and then after the fact in postgame, Andy goes, "Yeah, Doug/Brad/Matt/Eric rang that one up." Or hell, I could even be misremembering things, but I thought the "switch" of playcalling duties from Reid to Nagy happened just randomly one game where stuff was working well and Andy said, "I fired myself. Matt's been calling plays for the past game or two."

Andy's always got his thumb in the pie, to be sure, but is 100% of the playbook all Andy Reid-designed plays? I would bet that SOME of them were drawn up by Bieniemy. Or at least, he came up with the idea, Andy workshopped it with him, and it got into the playbook.

I know the spirit of your post was addressing the issue of Bieniemy's past with Colorado, not so much the present with Andy Reid, but right now the question is, "Has Bieniemy changed/learned enough since coaching in college to be viewed as a great head coaching candidate?" We can't say for sure he's had the experience of a fully-in-charge OC the way others around the league are, but we also don't know he's had ZERO experience at some of the OC duties that people are claiming are done 100% by Andy Reid unless stated otherwise.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 04:25 PM 12-31-2020
the way I see it - he should stay in kc for at least for the next 5 years . Youre the oc of possibly the best qb of all time. I would stay on for the ride. A hc job is there anytime you want one. Patrick mahomes as the qb is not
[Reply]
FAX 09:18 AM 01-01-2021
IMHO, the Chiefs offense we're seeing today would never (and could never) be "designed" by EB.

This is Wally's offense.

Does EB coordinate? Yes.
Does EB have input on game plans? Certainly.
Could EB have invented this overall offensive scheme on his best day? Hell, no.

I think OCs come in a lot of different flavors; there are guys who take ALL the responsibility of designing the scheme, there are guys who call the plays on game day, and there are guys who organize the position coaches, make sure the coffee is hot, and call out players when they're late for meetings.

EB is probably in the latter category.

FAX
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:09 PM 01-03-2021

The #Falcons will have two head coach interviews tomorrow, as they are set to zoom with #49ers DC Robert Saleh, per coach Kyle Shanahan, and #Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy, per source.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 4, 2021

[Reply]
El caliente 09:03 PM 01-03-2021
As a Saints fan I am excited to hear that Bienemy is getting an interview with the Falcons.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 72
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up