ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3314 of 3903
« First < 2314281432143264330433103311331233133314 33153316331733183324336434143814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 05:09 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Any reason at this point why numbers would ever trend back up even without a vaccine then?
Christmas gatherings could do it, but it's not looking like Thanksgiving was as bad as feared. (Though you do see some climbing in those charts after Thanksgiving, it's not a HUGE spike at least.)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:11 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Christmas gatherings could do it, but it's not looking like Thanksgiving was as bad as feared. (Though you do see some climbing in those charts after Thanksgiving, it's not a HUGE spike at least.)
Maybe. I know many were worried about winter and indoor events which have been going on and the numbers are heading south.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:56 PM 12-16-2020

July 2020 "appears to have been the deadliest month among [people age 25-44] in modern American history. Over the past 20 years, an average of 11,000 young American adults died each July. This year that number swelled to over 16,000." https://t.co/PBUPte1snw

— Timothy Noah (@TimothyNoah1) December 16, 2020

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:18 PM 12-16-2020
Good news: there is enough overfill in the Pfizer vaccine to maintain adequate concentration while giving an extra 1-2 doses per vial. At five doses per vial, this means at least a 20٪ increase in available doses.
[Reply]
TLO 07:22 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Good news: there is enough overfill in the Pfizer vaccine to maintain adequate concentration while giving an extra 1-2 doses per vial. At five doses per vial, this means at least a 20٪ increase in available doses.

Very good news indeed! Too bad they won't give us any up here in NW Missouri. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:24 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Maybe send that to Florida? Ever since our governor mouthed off about mandating only one dose was needed until everyone in Florida was vaccinated, the Pfizer production schedule doesn’t include Florida. I’m sure it’s just luck, not payback.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:27 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Very good news indeed! Too bad they won't give us any up here in NW Missouri. :-)
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe send that to Florida? Ever since our governor mouthed off about mandating only one dose was needed until everyone in Florida was vaccinated, the Pfizer production schedule doesn’t include Florida. I’m sure it’s a confidence.
There is a shipping/logistics issue that isn't being widely reported. Only a few NJ hospitals have received their scheduled first shipment. The other hospitals are being told to expect it by the end of the week. I'm not saying that's 100% the issue everywhere, but it's a possibility. This is also independent of the current nor'easter that's ripping through the area.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:30 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
There is a shipping/logistics issue that isn't being widely reported. Only a few NJ hospitals have received their scheduled first shipment. The other hospitals are being told to expect it by the end of the week. I'm not saying that's 100% the issue everywhere, but it's a possibility. This is also independent of the current nor'easter that's ripping through the area.
I would hope they wouldn’t retaliate for a politician saying something stupid. You can count on that from all politicians.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:49 PM 12-16-2020
Interesting. My son works for a small company run by a married couple. He is in close proximity to both fairly often. The couple came down with symptoms last wednesday and tested positive for the rona yesterday. My son came down with same symptoms on Sunday (fever/nausea/aches, pains and cough) and tested negative today. I figure it must be a false negative as I am hearing there may be more false negatives than false positives.

Edited to add: He just texted me to clarify he had 2 tests today; The antibody blood test (which is the one that came back negative) and the nasal swab....which he has not heard the results yet.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:55 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
I'm apprehensive about injecting something into my body when you don't know the long term side affects of it.
Getting Covid, even if you are young and relatively healthy and even if you don't appear to have a serious case, might cause you serious health consequences down the road.

Nobody knows for sure. But it has been shown to have some weird and alarming effect on different parts of the body including the brain for at least some patients.

I don't think there are any guarantees that 20 or 30 years from now people that had Covid might not have higher rates of other health problems.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:59 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Getting Covid, even if you are young and relatively healthy and even if you don't appear to have a serious case, might cause you serious health consequences down the road.

Nobody knows for sure. But it has been shown to have some weird and alarming effect on different parts of the body including the brain for at least some patients.

I don't think there are any guarantees that 20 or 30 years from now people that had Covid might not have higher rates of other health problems.
Checkmate. Nice work.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:13 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

I agree but that could be said about any virus could it not?
[Reply]
Strongside 11:03 PM 12-16-2020
My mom is getting the Pfizer on Friday AM. She’s been skeptical but I was glad to hear she decided to go ahead and do it. Will really help ease my mind with regard to her caring for ill patients.
[Reply]
TLO 07:31 AM 12-17-2020
Advisory committee meets today to discuss the Moderna vaccine. I'll probably tune into some of it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:21 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Interesting. My son works for a small company run by a married couple. He is in close proximity to both fairly often. The couple came down with symptoms last wednesday and tested positive for the rona yesterday. My son came down with same symptoms on Sunday (fever/nausea/aches, pains and cough) and tested negative today. I figure it must be a false negative as I am hearing there may be more false negatives than false positives.

Edited to add: He just texted me to clarify he had 2 tests today; The antibody blood test (which is the one that came back negative) and the nasal swab....which he has not heard the results yet.
Testing has been a disaster from the start. Big reason why "cases" mean jack shit. Monitor your symptoms and those that you have had close contact. Even if negative that sounds like he should stay away from people.
[Reply]
Page 3314 of 3903
« First < 2314281432143264330433103311331233133314 33153316331733183324336434143814 > Last »
Up