ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3264 of 3903
« First < 2264276431643214325432603261326232633264 32653266326732683274331433643764 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 09:04 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well then this vaccine wont stop shit apparently.
Do I really need to list the long history of diseases that have been eradicated by vaccines?

Look, I know that you don't like the "force people to get it" angle. And I get it. I just have trouble understanding why people would prefer to live with this shit forever over something that will cost you nothing other than a little inconvenience and some feeling like The Man shoved his vaccine dick up your ass. Get over it so that society can move on.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:05 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
For ****s sake guys.

If we have a high rate of vaccination, yea, we could likely eliminate SARS cov 2. Corona viruses don’t mutate like influenza viruses so if that stays the case, yeah, we could get rid of it.

Just like we could measles if everyone was vaccinated
Really? Then why is the common cold, which is a corona virus, still alive and very contagious?
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Ok then. You doubt 70% will get vaccinated?
I hope we get to that. With acquired immunity from infection at the rate this thing is going now we should get there sooner than later paired with a vaccine
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Really? Then why is the common cold, which is a corona virus, still alive and very contagious?
Because we have waning immunity to them, there’s a lot of them, and not all the common colds are corona viruses.

You’ve got rhinoviruses and adenovirus and a bunch of others.

And there’s no incentive to make a vaccine for those because we have built in immunity to them (even if it wanes) and they don’t cause the damage this one does
[Reply]
petegz28 09:07 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do I really need to list the long history of diseases that have been eradicated by vaccines?

Look, I know that you don't like the "force people to get it" angle. And I get it. I just have trouble understanding why people would prefer to live with this shit forever over something that will cost you nothing other than a little inconvenience and some feeling like The Man shoved his vaccine dick up your ass. Get over it so that society can move on.
Why would someone prefer to smoke when they know it rots their lungs and causes cancer?

Why would someone prefer to drink when they know it rots their liver and causes cirrhosis?

Why would someone prefer to eat fast food when they know it increases the chance of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure?

Society can move on just like it does with all the other shit. You get vaccinated and take care of you. Just like people who get the flu shot vs. those who do not.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:08 PM 12-08-2020
Because we have waning immunity to them, there’s a lot of them, and not all the common colds are corona viruses.

And there’s no incentive to make a vaccine for those because we have built in immunity to them (even if it wanes) and they don’t cause the damage this one does
If one of them suddenly started killing people by the millions, it's pretty likely we'd develop a vaccine for it.

You know how I know that? Because it did, and we did.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:09 PM 12-08-2020

I'm not an anti-vaxer. (Not that you claimed that). I just think its unreasonable to ignore why some people dont trust this whole deal.

I think in the end most people would stand on their head on fire for 30 minutes to get the vaccine even if they claim otherwise if it means this bullshit is over.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:09 PM 12-08-2020

And as many scientists have said, Covid will eventually be similar. Might take a long time but it will get there.
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 PM 12-08-2020
Personal choices are a bit different than an infectious disease
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 PM 12-08-2020
And as many scientists have said, Covid will eventually be similar. Might take a long time but it will get there.
Years from now, sure.

Or we could take a vaccine and be done with it
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:11 PM 12-08-2020
If immunity rates are low, COVID won't go away. That's all there is to it.
and we are ****ed. There won’t be a normal again for a long time if we **** up the vaccine by ignoring it.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:11 PM 12-08-2020
Years from now, sure.

Or we could take a vaccine and be done with it
Well when you get everyone in the world vaccinated we can talk about it being done. Until then not gonna happen.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:11 PM 12-08-2020
...if we don't get immunity up high enough to eliminate it.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:13 PM 12-08-2020
Personal choices are a bit different than an infectious disease
That's your opinion. You don't get to tell other people how to think about something. Get vaccinated and you don't have to worry about it. See how that works?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:14 PM 12-08-2020
...if we don't get immunity up high enough to eliminate it.
MAtt Cassel will win a SB before we eliminate Covid.
[Reply]
Page 3264 of 3903
« First < 2264276431643214325432603261326232633264 32653266326732683274331433643764 > Last »
Up