ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3218 of 3903
« First < 2218271831183168320832143215321632173218 32193220322132223228326833183718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:09 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Besides Pfizer and Moderna, any other news?
AZ is going to run a new trial to test the efficacy of their half dose scheme. If it holds up, they shouldn't be too far behind in rolling out the vaccine. Right now a lot of the planned vaccine schedule is based on having Pfizer and Moderna.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:10 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
AZ is going to run a new trial to test the efficacy of their half dose scheme. If it holds up, they shouldn't be too far behind in rolling out the vaccine. Right now a lot of the planned vaccine schedule is based on having Pfizer and Moderna.
What type of vaccine is the Astra Zeneca?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:12 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Besides Pfizer and Moderna, any other news?
Not really. JNJ started their single dose trial in July. I thought we'd hear something by now but all they've announced is starting a new dual dose trial

Htis, it's adenovirus based for the Oxford/AZ
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:16 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Not really. JNJ started their single dose trial in July. I thought we'd hear something by now but all they've announced is starting a new dual dose trial

Htis, it's adenovirus based for the Oxford/AZ
Ah, the AZ = Oxford. Thanks. That's really the one I'm waiting for.

I know, I know. mRNA is "safe". I'm not keen on being a trial for anything that new. That's just me. :-)
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:20 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
mRNA-based therapies, which have been in development for anticancer treatment for some time now, have never demonstrated severe safety issues, nor have any of the major vaccine candidates at pre-specified reviews.

People are going to screw up the science of all this, because that's what the public does. A patient somewhere will have an adverse effect and it will be blown way, way, way out of proportion (like the transverse myelitis non-issue) by bad-faith actors and/or idiots.

If you ever have the time, you should download the VAERS data from the FDA website. The events that get reported are overwhelmingly asinine.
I'm with you. My concern isn't rooted in the vaccine development or the science but rather COVID itself. I don't expect any issues and I agree with you that I haven't seen anything in the data to give me major pause. However what we don't know about this virus far exceeds what we do know.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:30 AM 12-02-2020
  • December 10 is when the FDA meets to discuss Moderna's EUA
  • If approved, doses will go out within days
  • December 10 is next week
That doesn't answer the question....
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:18 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That doesn't answer the question....
It does if you're not a moron.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:31 AM 12-02-2020
It does if you're not a moron.
Let me repeat what I said, the UK has approved Pfizer and it is rolling out next week. What are we waiting on?

How am I a moron when I ask about Pfizer and you tell me about Moderna?

Nonetheless you didn't answer any question. You just gave dates for approval.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:02 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I'm with you. My concern isn't rooted in the vaccine development or the science but rather COVID itself. I don't expect any issues and I agree with you that I haven't seen anything in the data to give me major pause. However what we don't know about this virus far exceeds what we do know.
We don't know a lot, but we've also learned more about this virus than any other in history over such a short timespan. There will be long-term consequences of this virus that we won't know for some time, you are absolutely correct in that. What I do know is that if I can administer a highly-efficacious prophylactic for a disease that can cause severe coagulopathies and respiratory distress/collapse to further prevent its spread, I'm going to do it.

For all the tragedy of 2020, we are on the precipice of a wonderful scientific achievement.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:10 AM 12-02-2020
Let me repeat what I said, the UK has approved Pfizer and it is rolling out next week. What are we waiting on?

How am I a moron when I ask about Pfizer and you tell me about Moderna?

Nonetheless you didn't answer any question. You just gave dates for approval.
The meeting presentations will be heard, viewed, captioned, and recorded through an online teleconferencing platform. On December 10, 2020, the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research’s (CBER), Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) will meet in open session to discuss Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older.

https://www.fda.gov/advisory-committ...g-announcement

Moderna meets 12/17.

Any of this was freely available on Google, but you'd rather bitch than spend five seconds in a search bar.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:14 AM 12-02-2020
The meeting presentations will be heard, viewed, captioned, and recorded through an online teleconferencing platform. On December 10, 2020, the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research’s (CBER), Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) will meet in open session to discuss Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older.

https://www.fda.gov/advisory-committ...g-announcement

Moderna meets 12/17.

Any of this was freely available on Google, but you'd rather bitch than spend five seconds in a search bar.
And we are waiting until then why? That's not bitching that's asking why the UK is doing things a full 1-2 weeks ahead of us? But you'd rather be a dick so whatever.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:51 AM 12-02-2020
And we are waiting until then why? That's not bitching that's asking why the UK is doing things a full 1-2 weeks ahead of us? But you'd rather be a dick so whatever.
Because. it. takes. time. to. review. data.

The US is going to have access to both vaccines faster than the EU. The US will be a few days behind the UK only for the Pfizer vaccine only. Demand still far outpaces supply, which is why there is a tiered distribution schedule. If you'd like to find articles critical of the speed of the UK's approval, you won't have a problem, trust me.

You either don't understand the process, or you're just coming up with reasons to complain. If someone told you in April that the vaccine would be available for high-risk groups on December 16th, but one other country may have it on December 12th, would you really have complained? I mean, for fuck's sake.
[Reply]
Donger 10:04 AM 12-02-2020
2,614 reported deaths yesterday. Damn.
[Reply]
O.city 10:14 AM 12-02-2020
I’m guessing with vaccines and infected immunity we’ll continue to see this slow thru the end of January. There’s light at the end of the tunnel for sure
[Reply]
TLO 10:29 AM 12-02-2020

[Reply]
Page 3218 of 3903
« First < 2218271831183168320832143215321632173218 32193220322132223228326833183718 > Last »
Up