ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3211 of 3903
« First < 2211271131113161320132073208320932103211 32123213321432153221326133113711 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I think so to. I think he'll be okay in the end. The only part that terrifies me is the thought of him dying a slow, lonely death with no loved ones around. That thought tears me up.
Thats a valid thought. Every family member has that as their first thought. Try to not to dwell on those thoughts. It's hard but essential. He's not there yet. Lots of positive news about convalescent plasma. He's just on supplement 02 now, He can turn it around. Positive thoughts heading your way.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:38 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats a valid thought. Every family member has that as their first thought. Try to not to dwell on those thoughts. It's hard but essential. He's not there yet. Lots of positive news about convalescent plasma. He's just on supplement 02 now, He can turn it around. Positive thoughts heading your way.
Thanks, dude. I’m truly not all doom and gloom, even if my posts seem that way. I think he’ll be okay in the end.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:13 PM 11-30-2020
A nurse called me. My dad received an infusion earlier today. It was an experimental drug that helps patients with comorbidities. Either he didn’t react well to it or the COVID is hitting him hard. He keeps vomiting, doesn’t know where he is, and can’t remember five minutes prior. They’ve got him on some forced oxygen into his nose. He has also developed some AFib (top of the heart basically quivering, I believe). The nurse was super nice and pretty optimistic that they’re on the right track to get him headed in the right direction. I’m his emergency contact and they asked for permission to treat him with convalescent plasma which I gladly permitted. I was very happy that they were offering that as an option.
If the Nurse is optimistic that's a great sign.. Good vibes heading your way..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:19 PM 11-30-2020
Thanks, dude. I’m truly not all doom and gloom, even if my posts seem that way. I think he’ll be okay in the end.
I know that feeling personally beyond witnessing professionally for years.
I got a call from my uncle in Springfield. He told me I needed to get down there from KC right away. My Dad had taken a turn for the worse. Got down there, stayed in the hospital that night with him giving mom a break. He died that night. Because I was there when he died everyone felt better. Dying alone, that’s just not right. Sometimes you can’t prevent it. Try not to stress over worse case scenarios.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:20 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know that feeling personally beyond witnessing professionally for years.
I got a call from my uncle in Springfield. He told me I needed to get down there from KC right away. My Dad had taken a turn for the worse. Got down there, stayed in the hospital that night with him giving mom a break. He tied that night. Because I was there when he died everyone felt better. Dying alone, that’s just not right.
I'm sorry to hear that but glad you were able to be there.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:48 PM 11-30-2020
This bam infusion is the one my dad seems to have reacted poorly to today. https://www.kcci.com/article/central...tment/34827600
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:09 AM 12-01-2020
Covid was here as early as December?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...re-china-cases
[Reply]
Katipan 07:22 AM 12-01-2020
That's when half the company i work for got horribly sick with a scary tho not huge percentage ending up on oxygen in the hospital.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:46 AM 12-01-2020
It does cause some problems to the narrative if Covid was spreading here for months..

I think Dr. Sunetra Gupta always pointed out the possibility and was ridiculed for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:52 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
We're almost certain 2 of our family members had it right around Christmas. Definitely COVID symptoms, not just the regular flu or anything and the doctors told both of them they had an "unknown virus".
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:55 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
My sister, cardiac nurse, got really sick last December. 4 day fever, aches chills. Its been here for longer than they led on.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:58 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
My sister, cardiac nurse, got really sick last December. 4 day fever, aches chills. Its been here for longer than they led on.
led on? odd phrasing there, it also doesn't change where we are now.
[Reply]
loochy 07:59 AM 12-01-2020
One time in 1993 I got a fever. It was probably COVID.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:00 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
led on? odd phrasing there, it also doesn't change where we are now.
He didn’t say it did , it’s been here longer than they have lead us to believe .
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:05 AM 12-01-2020
Based on the China documents CNN got their hands on China had an unknown flu (Covid)outbreak the first part of December in Hubei province so yes I believe Covid was here in December.

I have posted this before but 4 of us were in NYC at Christmas time and when we returned 2 weeks later 3 of our group came down with pneumonia like symptoms and it lasted a couple of weeks. All I got was the sniffles.
[Reply]
Page 3211 of 3903
« First < 2211271131113161320132073208320932103211 32123213321432153221326133113711 > Last »
Up