ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3114 of 3903
« First < 2114261430143064310431103111311231133114 31153116311731183124316432143614 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:57 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
I saw that report but then later saw where they came back and said they were part of it.
They did not accept funds for R&D. If their candidate failed, they were out the money. Other vaccine developers accepted BARDA money, which served as indemnification. Pfizer did not.

If they are first to market, the government will buy it and distribute it, but the program did not contribute to its development. It's just patently false.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:58 PM 11-13-2020
Trump said “hopefully within weeks” for the vaccine to be ready. I’m thinking that it will be January
[Reply]
O.city 03:58 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Hopefully. Evidence-based medicine through press release is generally frowned upon. We all hope that this vaccine is efficacious, but Pfizer's info has not yet been subject to independent peer review.

Also, as an immunocompromised healthcare worker, I would bet that I'll be pretty high up on the list to receive the vaccine. If the data is there, I promise that I'll get it ASAP and report on ADRs :-)
I spend 8 hours a day in mouths breathing right in my face

I’ll take one
[Reply]
TLO 04:01 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Trump said “hopefully within weeks” for the vaccine to be ready. I’m thinking that it will be January
December.
[Reply]
philfree 04:03 PM 11-13-2020
They did not accept funds for R&D. If their candidate failed, they were out the money. Other vaccine developers accepted BARDA money, which served as indemnification. Pfizer did not.

If they are first to market, the government will buy it and distribute it, but the program did not contribute to its development. It's just patently false.
This is your line of work so I think you'd know so I'm not debating you. That was just what I had seen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:05 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
WTF Elon have you not been paying attention? Up to 50% false positive tests with those quick ones.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:08 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
This is your line of work so I think you'd know so I'm not debating you. That was just what I had seen.
They took all the financial risk. Developed in Germany. We just said if your vaccine is the real deal and we approve it for public use, we want to buy 100 million doses. If it’s the real deal with a 90% effective rate, it will sell like hot cakes globally.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:12 PM 11-13-2020
Here's how the vaccine schedule would work:

Day 0: Get your first shot
Day 21: Get your second shot
Day 28: Where Pfizer has done their interim analysis on protection

Day 28 after injection is where you get the claimed (not yet verified) protection level from. It's important to understand that you will not be immune immediately after getting the first injection (and the degree of protection at those snapshots in time is either not known or hasn't been released).

As a comparison, the body takes about 14 days to mount a full protective immune response from the flu vaccine. So if I get a shot today and get exposed on Sunday and come down with influenza, it doesn't mean I the shot gave me the flu (it can't). That's where a lot of the misunderstanding of "I got a flu shot and then got the flu" comes from.

Also, we need to think about this in terms of scale. Not everyone will get this initially, and immunity will not be instantaneous. Thus, we will still need mitigation strategies for several more months (masks, distancing, handwashing). Be patient.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:19 PM 11-13-2020
Hopefully. Evidence-based medicine through press release is generally frowned upon. We all hope that this vaccine is efficacious, but Pfizer's info has not yet been subject to independent peer review.

Also, as an immunocompromised healthcare worker, I would bet that I'll be pretty high up on the list to receive the vaccine. If the data is there, I promise that I'll get it ASAP and report on ADRs :-)
if science says it’s safe, American scientists have independently looked at the data, Dr. Fauci puts his seal of approval on it, I’ll get it ASAP with my place in line.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:24 PM 11-13-2020
Just also be aware that any adverse reactions will be blown the fuck up for clicks/attention before direct connections to the vaccine in question can be determined. Might be a good time to mute all of your anti-vax friends/family on social media, although you probably should have done that years ago.

"This person received Pfizer's vaccine. They died of a heart attack two days later."

Person was 440 lbs with an A1C of 13%, a BP of 180/110, and LDL of 290.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:09 PM 11-13-2020
So the JoCo Board of Commissioners decided Covid would kill you after 10:00pm. Then they decided no, it's really 11:00pm. Then they decided no, it's 12:00am. Then they went back to 11:00pm.

They decided to remove the capacity issues from restaurants and bars, I think, as long as they close by 11:00pm. Because it's safer for them to close and people to go party elsewhere without masks and what not than in the bars and restaurants which the county had 0 data to say was the reason things were bad.

Then the county Doctor said the initial desire of "50 people" was "not based on science" but it was a number they thought was good.

One Nazi commissioner was mad because they didn't suggest 10 people and she wants neighbors ratting out neighbors to the DA.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:17 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So the JoCo Board of Commissioners decided Covid would kill you after 10:00pm. Then they decided no, it's really 11:00pm. Then they decided no, it's 12:00am. Then they went back to 11:00pm.

They decided to remove the capacity issues from restaurants and bars, I think, as long as they close by 11:00pm. Because it's safer for them to close and people to go party elsewhere without masks and what not than in the bars and restaurants which the county had 0 data to say was the reason things were bad.

Then the county Doctor said the initial desire of "50 people" was "not based on science" but it was a number they thought was good.

One Nazi commissioner was mad because they didn't suggest 10 people and she wants neighbors ratting out neighbors to the DA.
Correction: Midnight is when Covid will kill you. You're good until then.

[Reply]
petegz28 08:04 PM 11-13-2020
While restrictions and lock downs are being imposed on people and businesses across the country...

Mayor of Chicago celebrates with 1,000's in the streets over elections
Mayor of D.C. exempts herself from her own quarantine rules
Nancy Pelosi schedules lavish Thanksgiving dinner for new Democrats
Gov of CA attends indoor birthday party with family

Not being political but why again do you think people are a but reluctant to believe things?

If the people issuing these orders don't lead by example then WTF should anyone listen to them?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:07 PM 11-13-2020
I have also been told, unofficially of course, my Wife, Son and at least one co-worker have all been added to the Covid positive list. Not because they tested positive because none of them took a test. But because they were "exposed" to me while I had Covid.

Food for thought....
[Reply]
loochy 08:12 PM 11-13-2020

Person was 440 lbs with an A1C of 13%, a BP of 180/110, and LDL of 290.
Heh...sounds like the people that go on and on about how corona can only kill people with pre existing conditions.
[Reply]
Page 3114 of 3903
« First < 2114261430143064310431103111311231133114 31153116311731183124316432143614 > Last »
Up