ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 58
« First < 6465253545556 5758 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

hometeam 09:45 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I know somewhere in this monster of a thread I dogged the signing. He has definitely been much more than I thought he'd be coming in. He was very inconsistent as a player and I never saw him as overly productive or that much of an impact player beforehand. He's definitely brought leadership, accountability, and consistent, solid production.

I still don't know if the production warrants Canton, but he's the right guy for this system and making sure that secondary is in the right positions to make plays. I think to get to Canton, he'd have to play at least 4 more years at a high level. I'd see 240+ more tackles and 10 more ints as the bars for him to clear to get in (On par with Polamalu). He's capable if he stays healthy and doesn't slow down.

I'll gladly eat the servings of the crow on this one. I may have already but if not I deserve to.

and thats why they call you kccrow
Buehler445 01:15 AM 01-19-2021
I know somewhere in this monster of a thread I dogged the signing. He has definitely been much more than I thought he'd be coming in. He was very inconsistent as a player and I never saw him as overly productive or that much of an impact player beforehand. He's definitely brought leadership, accountability, and consistent, solid production.

I still don't know if the production warrants Canton, but he's the right guy for this system and making sure that secondary is in the right positions to make plays. I think to get to Canton, he'd have to play at least 4 more years at a high level. I'd see 240+ more tackles and 10 more ints as the bars for a him to clear to get in (On par with Polamalu). He's capable if he stays healthy and doesn't slow down.

I'll gladly eat the servings of the crow on this one. I may have already but if not I deserve to.
I didn’t like it either. Not sure if I posted about it or not, but I gotta wear it. He’s been great. And he’s the leader we needed. Berry was the better athlete and at his best was probably better, but If we are in a game we gotta have give me Matheiu. Every time.

Who knows about HOF. But to his defense, he changed the position. Everybody wants the next Mathieu now. That, to me, matters.
Titty Meat 01:28 AM 01-19-2021
Ha and now landlord is an offensive nickname
milkshock 03:06 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I didn’t like it either. Not sure if I posted about it or not, but I gotta wear it. He’s been great. And he’s the leader we needed. Berry was the better athlete and at his best was probably better, but If we are in a game we gotta have give me Matheiu. Every time.

Who knows about HOF. But to his defense, he changed the position. Everybody wants the next Mathieu now. That, to me, matters.
That pretty much nails it. As a pure athlete and talent Berry was better, but Mathieu is such a gamer.
eDave 03:13 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:
That pretty much nails it. As a pure athlete and talent Berry was better, but Mathieu is such a gamer.
He, Jones, and subsequently the rest bring what was missing for along time. Attitude and swagger. Probably the key element to any successful defense, IMO.
MahomesMagic 07:09 AM 01-19-2021
Chiefs ahead of the curve.

Modern NFL defenses you pay for elite safety and pass rushers.
htismaqe 10:01 AM 01-19-2021
My 2nd favorite player on the team after Mahomes.

Love him.
KChiefs1 10:50 AM 01-19-2021
https://www.chiefs.com/news/travis-k...fl-team-honors

Travis Kelce and Tyrann Mathieu Earn PFWA All-NFL Team Honors
The Chiefs were one of just five teams with multiple representatives
by
Matt McMullen
Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs still have plenty to accomplish this season with the AFC Championship Game returning to Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, but in the meantime, the individual accolades just keep rolling in.

Chiefs' tight end Travis Kelce and safety Tyrann Mathieu were each named to the Professional Football Writers of America (PFWA) All-NFL team on Monday, making Kansas City one of just five teams with multiple representatives.

Kelce compiled a record-setting campaign in 2020, shattering the NFL single-season receiving mark by a tight end with 1,416 yards. He finished second in the league in receiving yards overall, trailing only the Buffalo Bills' Stefon Diggs, while leading the NFL in first down grabs.

On the other side of the ball, Mathieu finished third in the league with a career-high six interceptions. He saved some of his best work for the postseason, too, as the All-Pro safety yielded a grand total of negative five yards in 40 coverage snaps during last Sunday's victory over Cleveland, per Pro Football Focus.

The Chiefs were also heavily represented on the All-AFC team, as quarterback Patrick Mahomes, wide receiver Tyreek Hill and defensive tackle Chris Jones joined Kelce and Mathieu, matching the Indianapolis Colts for the most selections of any team.

Mahomes put together yet another stellar season, throwing for 4,740 yards and 38 touchdowns. He led the NFL in passing yards-per-game (316) while finishing second in passing yards, third in passer rating (108.2) and fourth in passing touchdowns.

The 25-year-old Mahomes connected with Hill on 15 on those passing scores, as the veteran wide receiver matched the franchise record for receiving touchdowns in a single season. Hill finished second in the NFL in receiving scores this season and eighth in receiving yards (1,276) while finding the end zone in 12 of his 15 games played.

Lastly, Jones led the Chiefs in pressures (60), quarterback hits (28) and sacks (7.5) in 2020. His 60 pressures ranked 11th among all players, according to Pro Football Focus, and fifth among defensive tackles.

All five of those players had a critical part in leading Kansas City to a 14-2 record and a third-consecutive AFC Championship Game, and while the individual honors keep coming in, this team's collective focus remains on one goal.

For a look at the All-NFL and All-AFC teams, click here.

Frosty 12:17 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He got pissy after the Bills game. Don't really remember why though.
He was mad the Chiefs ran so much in that game because it limited Mahomes' touches and then got mad and left when no one agreed with his take.
Hoover 01:12 PM 01-19-2021
This is ****ing laughable. 14 per for a mediocre safety. yay.
Here ya go!
pugsnotdrugs19 01:27 PM 01-19-2021
He will get a nice hefty extension this offseason. Especially if they get another SB title.
Megatron96 01:33 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He will get a nice hefty extension this offseason. Especially if they get another SB title.
I really hope he's extended. Hope retires as a Chief. Knew he would be good here, based on what I saw when he was a Card here in AZ, but with Spags, he's on a whole other level. He's become a beast. Every single week when I lurk on other forums, the first guy everyone fears after Mahomes is Mathieu.

you know who he reminds me of more than anyone these past two seasons? Nightcrawler from X-Men. 'BAMF!' He's over here. 'BAMF!' No, now he's over there. 'BAMF!' WHOA, now he's over here!

Must drive opposing QBs out of their minds.
carcosa 01:42 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Nice!!!!!!!
NAILED IT!!!!!
Pitt Gorilla 02:15 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I really hope he's extended. Hope retires as a Chief. Knew he would be good here, based on what I saw when he was a Card here in AZ, but with Spags, he's on a whole other level. He's become a beast. Every single week when I lurk on other forums, the first guy everyone fears after Mahomes is Mathieu.

you know who he reminds me of more than anyone these past two seasons? Nightcrawler from X-Men. 'BAMF!' He's over here. 'BAMF!' No, now he's over there. 'BAMF!' WHOA, now he's over here!

Must drive opposing QBs out of their minds.
I love HB and loved the signing. I will also admit to being a tad bit worried about his age/injury/size combination going forward. Not that he doesn't deserve an extension, but I could see being somewhat careful in how it's structured.
thabear04 03:35 PM 01-19-2021

It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up ���� @Mathieu_Era

Watch more mic'd up on #InsideTheNFL TONIGHT 9PM ET.@Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/GanjTyDBC6

— Inside the NFL (@insidetheNFL) January 19, 2021

Page 56 of 58
« First < 6465253545556 5758 >
Up