ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 514 of 662
« First < 14414464504510511512513514 515516517518524564614 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:36 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
NYSAC just stated that replay is legal in New York, and the ref can consult replay and other refs to change his mind on a foul. Once again, Marc Ratner was wrong. I won't trust him on anything in the rules anymore.

So, Weidman's appeal is probably doomed, this is going to remain a TKO loss.
Ooops, I bet they are wondering what the hell they pay Ratner for. Too bad Mike DaMone wasn't there to set him straight.

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:07 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Ooops, I bet they are wondering what the hell they pay Ratner for. Too bad Mike DaMone wasn't there to set him straight.

Hahaaa great reference

Wherever you are, act like thats the place to be... "isnt this great?"
[Reply]
alnorth 10:45 AM 04-12-2017
Most of us probably know this already, but this is going to be a really good weekend.

Friday

3pm - (Spike) - Bellator 177

This is a very good card by Bellator standards, with some world top-25 fighters. Early time because its in Europe, and I think they are following the card with kickboxing again.

8pm - (Fightpass) - VFC 56

Local promotion, quality of the card is average compared to most local promotions. No world top-100 fighters, but several local top-10's.

Saturday

5pm TV - (3pm Fightpass/5pm FOX) - UFC on FOX 24: Johnson vs Reis

This could end up being the best free card all year, and for some reason they decided to give it to us in Kansas City.

This card is so strong it could have been a PPV (but it probably would not have had a lot of buys, which is why the UFC let FOX have it, probably to make sure they hit some kind of contractually guaranteed annual TV rating in their TV deals with FOX) The prelims are really good, it could have been a main card (though a below-average main card). People would have tuned in just to watch Big Country. Then we get to THIS main card, and good lord, just.... I'm really glad I'll get to watch that in the Sprint Center.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:00 AM 04-12-2017
I'm shocked Louis Smolka/ Tim Elliot aren't on the main card. They're buried on the first broadcast prelim. That has potential to be an outstanding fight
[Reply]
kstater 08:34 AM 04-14-2017
Half hour in to weigh ins and no drama so far. Everyone on the main card is weighed in except Jeremy Stephens. Everyone on the tv prelims are weighed in except the two heavyweights that probably havent even gotten out of bed yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kstater 08:40 AM 04-14-2017
Stephhens is in. The heavyweights and a few early prelim fighters all that are left

[Reply]
kstater 09:32 AM 04-14-2017
Volkov finally woke up and weighed in. Everyone made weight

[Reply]
Jerm 12:59 AM 04-16-2017
What an awesome show that was to watch in person....

MM is incredible....didn't even shift out of 2nd gear and still completely dominated.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:55 AM 04-16-2017
I had a great time in KC last night. I hope the UFC comes back.
[Reply]
kstater 08:43 AM 04-16-2017
Incredibly entertaining card. Only 2 fights that were just meh (well 2.5, the Nelson fight was ok). DJ just anhilated Reis. Just crazy how dominant he is. Rose is gonna get a title shot next, though I think she should wait a couple more fights, shes just now becoming polished, and Joanna is gonna beat her, but think another year under her belt and she'd have what it takes.

[Reply]
raybec 4 09:27 PM 04-16-2017
That was my first live event and it was great. Packed house that seemed pretty knowledgeable from my section anyway. No reason for the UFC not to return.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:29 PM 04-16-2017
And from what I saw that paper champion Bisping wants no part of Robert Whitaker
[Reply]
alnorth 12:31 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That was my first live event and it was great. Packed house that seemed pretty knowledgeable from my section anyway. No reason for the UFC not to return.
This was the most enjoyable and pride-inspiring part of the night. I fucking HATE IT when an MMA crowd on TV is fucking stupid and doesn't appreciate whats going on when it is anything other than dumb, stone-simple striking on the feet. I was hoping KC wouldn't collectively embarrass us on national TV.

I underestimated the crowd, drastically. Maybe its because of the long wrestling tradition in the area between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, Iowa and Iowa State, etc. Whatever it was, this KC crowd just fucking got it. They knew what was happening, and sat back and were patient and able to see that real action and attempts to advance were happening. There were a few idiots yelling and booing for standups, but they were few, and when someone advanced in position or someone escaped, their achievement was greeted with applause. This was a very smart MMA crowd who collectively knew what was going on, which was a nice surprise.

On the coasts where wrestling isn't as much of a cultural thing, MMA stupidity seems to be more common
[Reply]
Pants 01:36 AM 04-17-2017
I didn't like booing during the Stephens - Moicano fight but other than that, the crowd was amazing.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:52 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
This was the most enjoyable and pride-inspiring part of the night. I fucking HATE IT when an MMA crowd on TV is fucking stupid and doesn't appreciate whats going on when it is anything other than dumb, stone-simple striking on the feet. I was hoping KC wouldn't collectively embarrass us on national TV.

I underestimated the crowd, drastically. Maybe its because of the long wrestling tradition in the area between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, Iowa and Iowa State, etc. Whatever it was, this KC crowd just fucking got it. They knew what was happening, and sat back and were patient and able to see that real action and attempts to advance were happening. There were a few idiots yelling and booing for standups, but they were few, and when someone advanced in position or someone escaped, their achievement was greeted with applause. This was a very smart MMA crowd who collectively knew what was going on, which was a nice surprise.

On the coasts where wrestling isn't as much of a cultural thing, MMA stupidity seems to be more common
Originally Posted by Pants:
I didn't like booing during the Stephens - Moicano fight but other than that, the crowd was amazing.
I could have done without 5 straight hours of Ric Flair "WHOOOOO"-ing
[Reply]
Page 514 of 662
« First < 14414464504510511512513514 515516517518524564614 > Last »
Up