ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 72
« First < 22626869707172
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:42 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I hear ya but if you're looking for a coach to help a young, shaky QB like Tua I can't think of a better guy then Patrick Mahomes QB coach and passing game coordinator.
Your original premise does make sense, they could be waiting until after the SB to make a move on him... Tua definitely needs intensive, knowledgeable coaching to make him a serviceable franchise QB
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:09 PM 01-30-2021
Also, we like Kafka a lot, and he's likely the guy tabbed to replace EB, but the man has 4 total years of coaching experience, not including his one year as a grad assistant at Northwestern. And his NFL career was only like 5-6 seasons, and a lot of it was spent just trying to hang on to a team on the practice squad, much less be the primary backup and gain experience as kind of a game day coach of sorts.

Andy certainly trusts him in that role because he knows him and would be helping with so many of the primary OC duties. That's quite a bit different than being that young of a coach and all of a sudden you're on a new team with new players, and you're working under a defense-minded head coach who's going to leave ALL of the shit up to you to handle.

Let's say Miami does want Kafka. It sounds like they'd be getting him so he can also be Tua's QB coach, because all of Tua's shortcomings are gonna need to be fixed with a great QB coach, not necessarily a great OC. They can't hire Kafka as a QB coach, so they'd be promoting him to OC. That could work. Or it could just mean that Kafka isn't ready and then you're doing more harm than good.
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:18 PM 01-30-2021
The reason he is not getting any offers is that his name sounds like “Eric the Enemy”.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:24 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, we like Kafka a lot, and he's likely the guy tabbed to replace EB, but the man has 4 total years of coaching experience, not including his one year as a grad assistant at Northwestern. And his NFL career was only like 5-6 seasons, and a lot of it was spent just trying to hang on to a team on the practice squad, much less be the primary backup and gain experience as kind of a game day coach of sorts.

Andy certainly trusts him in that role because he knows him and would be helping with so many of the primary OC duties. That's quite a bit different than being that young of a coach and all of a sudden you're on a new team with new players, and you're working under a defense-minded head coach who's going to leave ALL of the shit up to you to handle.

Let's say Miami does want Kafka. It sounds like they'd be getting him so he can also be Tua's QB coach, because all of Tua's shortcomings are gonna need to be fixed with a great QB coach, not necessarily a great OC. They can't hire Kafka as a QB coach, so they'd be promoting him to OC. That could work. Or it could just mean that Kafka isn't ready and then you're doing more harm than good.
All they would need to know is that he was the likely replacement had EB gotten a job. Sure, it would be a huge risk up for him but how else are you gonna move up in the world?

I don't want it to happen but if I was Miami there really isn't another guy I could think to bring in that's better than Kafka. Same with him, why wouldn't take that job? He's the next guy behind EB, but why wait....?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:26 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
All they would need to know is that he was the likely replacement had EB gotten a job. Sure, it would be a huge risk up for him but how else are you gonna move up in the world?

I don't want it to happen but if I was Miami there really isn't another guy I could think to bring in that's better than Kafka. Same with him, why wouldn't take that job? He's the next guy behind EB, but why wait....?
Kafka is guaranteed a top notch HC gig with Reid. Reid and mahomes are as safe as you can get for an OC. In Miami, I wouldn't want to stake my entire career on Tua. I can't imagine why Kafka would want that gig.

But it continues to show why this whole EB thing sucks. Kafka should be our OC. He's more than earned that right especially with his loyalty.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:55 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Kafka is guaranteed a top notch HC gig with Reid. Reid and mahomes are as safe as you can get for an OC. In Miami, I wouldn't want to stake my entire career on Tua. I can't imagine why Kafka would want that gig.

But it continues to show why this whole EB thing sucks. Kafka should be our OC. He's more than earned that right especially with his loyalty.
Because he gets to run the show on offense. Reid is the guy here. Until EB gets a job he's the OC in title at least as well. Kafka would get to work in a tax free, sunny place and with a QB who was for most of his draft year the consensus #1 pick. Tua isn't exactly some UDFA or a journeyman bum lol.

Once again, I don't want this to happen but I can't imagine why Miami is waiting and who they are waiting for this hire.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:56 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

If I'm Kafka, then I'd happily go to Miami. He doesn't have to be stuck behind EB waiting on some team to hire him, so that he can be OC here. If he goes to Miami and Tua plays like a top 12 QB and the O is top 10, then he is getting a HC job and is the hottest candidate out there.

If he stays here, then he may be waiting awhile before he gets a HC job.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 72
« First < 22626869707172
Up