ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 386
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
vailpass 11:41 AM 07-31-2017
Tyrion: "Sansa's smarter than she lets on"
J Snow: "She's starting to let on"
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:51 AM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You can nitpick to high heaven, but I'm guessing we're to assume many of the houses that supported the Tyrells defected along with Randyl Tarly.
That along with their plan wasn't to attack KL, just blockade.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:01 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You can nitpick to high heaven, but I'm guessing we're to assume many of the houses that supported the Tyrells defected along with Randyl Tarly.
My 'nitpick' is that Tyrion, who we've been led to believe is a pretty smart lad, failed to recognize what was obvious to Jaime - Highgarden was the key to everything for the Lannisters. They were incapable of waging war without it.

Now the question becomes how the hell Dany and her crew are going to do so? They have pretty much no way to support their armies now. They either have to take Highgarden back or take Kings Landing immediately. Hell, even taking Kings Landing only works if the Lannisters eventually give up Highgarden and agree to be ruled by Dany.

Kings Landing can't support itself without provisions from the reach and the westerlands.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:03 PM 07-31-2017
So Dany basically has no ships left now, right? How are the Unsullied getting back to Dragonstone?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:14 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
So Dany basically has no ships left now, right? How are the Unsullied getting back to Dragonstone?
Long walk and then hang out in the Stormlands?

But yeah, it sure looks like the person who's seat of power is on an island is lacking ships at the moment. Not a good situation to find yourself in.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:21 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My 'nitpick' is that Tyrion, who we've been led to believe is a pretty smart lad, failed to recognize what was obvious to Jaime - Highgarden was the key to everything for the Lannisters. They were incapable of waging war without it.

Now the question becomes how the hell Dany and her crew are going to do so? They have pretty much no way to support their armies now. They either have to take Highgarden back or take Kings Landing immediately. Hell, even taking Kings Landing only works if the Lannisters eventually give up Highgarden and agree to be ruled by Dany.

Kings Landing can't support itself without provisions from the reach and the westerlands.
Yeah, Tyrion should have known especially since he was the master of coin. What he didn't know was how much they borrowed from the iron bank while daddy Tyrell was hand. So that is fairly excusable he didn't know EXACTLY how broke they are. And given how proud Cersei is to be a Lannister it makes sense to think she would defend her ancestral home.

But it really was a lot of cunning from Jamie.

As far as who still has the upper hand, there is no way the Lannisters can eradicate Dany. Even if ever soldier she has dies, she can just hole up in DragonStone and dare anybody to attack.

Amtrack man. It's how everybody cruises around the continent in no time.

In theory, it should be valuable, because she should be able to fly to Casterly Rock and smoke Euron because she then would know where and when he was at a place and can work backward from there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:22 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Long walk and then hang out in the Stormlands?

But yeah, it sure looks like the person who's seat of power is on an island is lacking ships at the moment. Not a good situation to find yourself in.
She has John's ship :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:23 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
As far as who still has the upper hand, there is no way the Lannisters can eradicate Dany. Even if ever soldier she has dies, she can just hole up in DragonStone and dare anybody to attack.
She isn't growing any food on Dragonstone. So unless she plans on killing one of her dragons for food....she's fucked if she just "waits it out".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:25 PM 07-31-2017
Dany is basically being put in a position where she has to go ride her dragons to turn the war in her favor
[Reply]
vailpass 12:26 PM 07-31-2017
Reports coming out saying HBO hacked. Upcoming plot details being leaked. Please put it in spoiler tags if you have to post it here.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:30 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Reports coming out saying HBO hacked. Upcoming plot details being leaked. Please put it in spoiler tags if you have to post it here.
They got to Ballers, too!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:30 PM 07-31-2017
She isn't growing any food on Dragonstone. So unless she plans on killing one of her dragons for food....she's fucked if she just "waits it out".
Here's what I'd do: Ride to the nearest town. Say, "Send me a boat of food or I'll torch your town." Chow down.

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dany is basically being put in a position where she has to go ride her dragons to turn the war in her favor
I think they showed her on a dragon in the sneak peek right?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:36 PM 07-31-2017
Thank God Euron's a sickly hilarious bad guy, because his Deus Ex Machina fleet fucking Dany's world up at any opportunity is a bit much.

Thankfully, Jamie's feint in sacking Highgarden and leaving a token force to hold Casterly Rock played off of his former battle experience, otherwise it would have been some magically appearing BS to ensure that Cersei is a threat to Dany. One of the most incompetent women (outside of coming up with retribution) in Westeros is suddenly safe and secure and wins so much Donald Trump is jealous? C'mon.

I'm gonna flip shit if Qyburn's ballista one shots a dragon.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:37 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

I'm gonna flip shit if Qyburn's ballista one shots a dragon.
You know it's going to happen.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:38 PM 07-31-2017
You know it's going to happen.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 31 of 386
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up