ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 319
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trading up for a QB that you think is a franchise player is always worth it. Mahomes cannot be compared to a left tackle.

Frank Clark was an established as well as young player. If we were trading firsts for Orlando Brown, for example, that would be similarly palatable.

You're talking about trading a future first for an unknown that isn't a QB. That's an extremely risky proposition. It doesn't often work out for a myriad of reasons and it almost never works out when your doing it for need instead of trying to grab a game changing player.

And by the way, I find it ironic that you're saying we can just sign blue chippers next FA period. We have money RIGHT NOW and haven't hit on anybody but Joe Thuney, with you being one of the most vocal critics. So for some reason, this offseason is stacking up to be a failure but next offseason is going to be a magical buffet of blue chip free agents? Come on man, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
What’s the worst that happens? A LT fails and we’re...where we are now? I think it’s actually more risk to count on a 2nd rd LT prospect.

And no I think this FA period is an outlier. It’s clear that the cap is going to explode but not until next year. This year players seem hesitant to leave unless they have to bc they’re scared of missing out on their paydays next year.

Players like Juju understand the scheme and are being risk averse to put themselves in a position to succeed in an environment they are very familiar with.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What’s the worst that happens? A LT fails and we’re...where we are now? I think it’s actually more risk to count on a 2nd rd LT prospect.

And no I think this FA period is an outlier. It’s clear that the cap is going to explode but not until next year. This year players seem hesitant to leave unless they have to bc they’re scared of missing out on their paydays next year.

Players like Juju understand the scheme and are being risk averse to put themselves in a position to succeed in an environment they are very familiar with.
We're not where we are now if we don't have a 1st round pick next year. That's the whole entire point.

And I never suggested a 2nd round LT prospect. I have no qualms with drafting one at 31 or even trading up into the early 20's.

My appetite stops when next year's 1st rounder is involved.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:17 AM 03-24-2021
If we wanted to, we could go sign Okung or Villanueva right now. We want something much better. We didn’t cut a middle of the road LT to replace him with a middle of the road LT.
[Reply]
O.city 11:18 AM 03-24-2021
We're not where we are now if we don't have a 1st round pick next year. That's the whole entire point.

And I never suggested a 2nd round LT prospect. I have no qualms with drafting one at 31 or even trading up into the early 20's.

And likely at the end of the first out of reach of LT prospects.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:18 AM 03-24-2021
Ahh so I knock down OKchiefs strawman and force him to defend his stupid fucking takes and he stops replying.

Go figure!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
when your doing it for need instead of trying to grab a game changing player.

Uh? Wut? The idea of trading up for one of the elite LT prospects is having a much better chance at a game changing player.
You're trading away what could be two elite prospects for the CHANCE at one.

The draft is already enough like the lottery and you want to make it moreso.
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 03-24-2021

Elite prospects at the end of the first round?
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ahh so I knock down OKchiefs strawman and force him to defend his stupid ****ing takes and he stops replying.

Go figure!
He owned you bro
[Reply]
Shields68 11:21 AM 03-24-2021
Trading up for a QB that you think is a franchise player is always worth it. Mahomes cannot be compared to a left tackle.

Frank Clark was an established as well as young player. If we were trading firsts for Orlando Brown, for example, that would be similarly palatable.

You're talking about trading a future first for an unknown that isn't a QB. That's an extremely risky proposition. It doesn't often work out for a myriad of reasons and it almost never works out when your doing it for need instead of trying to grab a game changing player.

And by the way, I find it ironic that you're saying we can just sign blue chippers next FA period. We have money RIGHT NOW and haven't hit on anybody but Joe Thuney, with you being one of the most vocal critics. So for some reason, this offseason is stacking up to be a failure but next offseason is going to be a magical buffet of blue chip free agents? Come on man, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
It all depends on who is available. But if two low firsts and a low third gets you someone who projects to be your starting left tackle they will do that deal in a heart beat. Problem is that compensation is not enough to get either of the projected top two tackles in the draft. Might not get the projected number 3 tackle... So yeah probably not going to work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
And likely at the end of the first out of reach of LT prospects.
Let's just say we could spend this year's first and next year's first and get Darrisaw. Or we could spend this year's first and this year's 3rd to get Cosmi.

Do you think Darrisaw's ability to be a "sure thing" is THAT much more than Cosmi's? Because if either of them turns out to be a bust, you're right back here next year.

In the 2nd scenario, you still have the ammo to trade up for a guy you'll like.

In the first, you can only sit and do nothing. You're done in the 2021 draft because you don't have a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
It all depends on who is available. But if two low firsts and a low third gets you someone who projects to be your starting left tackle they will do that deal in a heart beat. Problem is that compensation is not enough to get either of the projected top two tackles in the draft. Might not get the projected number 3 tackle... So yeah probably not going to work.
This is exactly my point.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:23 AM 03-24-2021

Yeah, sorry, but two late first rounders isn't that much of a price to me if Reid and Veach identify what they believe to be a LTOTF and go up to get him.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:24 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You sound like the old "don't trade up for a QB, it's too risky" guys here man.

If they evaluate and think the LT is worth it, go for it. The value of having that spot locked down is worth more than those picks.
thats the way we see it.

It all depends on who’s available in that 12-20 range.

This is a strong OT draft but we need to dig in a little deeper to see how many do the following...

ability needed to pass protect on an island against the games best
athletic ability to move in space on screens, misdirection and perimeter runs
The strength at the POA to drive runs to his side and handle bull rushes

Just because there are a lot of OTs, doesn’t mean there are a lot of OTs we feel fit what we want from the position.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 03-24-2021
Let's just say we could spend this year's first and next year's first and get Darrisaw. Or we could spend this year's first and this year's 3rd to get Cosmi.

Do you think Darrisaw's ability to be a "sure thing" is THAT much more than Cosmi's? Because if either of them turns out to be a bust, you're right back here next year.

In the 2nd scenario, you still have the ammo to trade up for a guy you'll like.

In the first, you can only sit and do nothing. You're done in the 2021 draft because you don't have a 1st round pick.
If they did that, they won't be looking for a LT for a few years, whatever happens. THey won't declare the guy a bust after 1 year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:26 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ahh so I knock down OKchiefs strawman and force him to defend his stupid ****ing takes and he stops replying.

Go figure!
Or I actually have a job, and while I am working from home and do have a bit more time to spend on here I can't spend 10 hours a day on Chiefsplanet like you seem to do.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 319
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Up