ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 226 of 319
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:21 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Well we want him to be a LT. If you are a LT you want to be paid like one.
We can offer pick 31, in the top 40, yes?

He played LT last year and from what I can tell performed quite well. Thats already ahead of any LT we could take at 31. He is young and worth a late first rounder.

I guess I dont get the hate for this guy?
Show me where the Ravens offense matches up with what the Chiefs do.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:22 PM 03-17-2021
Veach is swinging for the fences. Going up and taking BFA
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, I get it. In that case I think you just roll with Reiff (give him 2 years, maybe 3 if necessary) or Villanueva and work on a different long-term solution next offseason.

This T draft is SO deep, though. It's deep enough that guys like Little and Hudson look like round 3 guys (going off the mock draft database consensus big board). It would be hard to pass up the opportunity to get real value much later than normal. Especially since it's a long-term need.
I'm not opposed. But they just did that last year. I dunno that either of those guys really parlay out to a LT.

We coudl get lucky and it pans out and we're golden.

But based on history, LT's come from the top of the 1st.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:23 PM 03-17-2021
Brown went in the 3rd round, c'mon Bart Vatch, let's go!

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BrowOr00.htm
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:24 PM 03-17-2021
Kyle Long visiting today
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can spend 2 1's and get a blue chip prospect higher in the draft than sitting at the end of the first round and taking a developmental guy.
And you're still taking a chance that he doesn't pan out, with no backup plan to boot. You're all in at that point and if it fails, no Super Bowl.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:27 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Brown's not a good fit, would require draft capital, likely a new contract, AND The Ravens would almost certainly not trade him to the team they consider their kryptonite and biggest rival. This last bit is enough by itself to rule out Brown, in all honesty. Ravens just flat wouldn't do that even if we wanted to.

Tunsil will be too much in draft resources.

Dillard is a possibility if Veach likes him, and he won't cost more than a #31. He was a #22 pick, had a rough rookie year at RT and missed year two with a torn bicep. He might cost you #63, and I think that's a reasonable risk IF Veach likes him. He's had a couple of years of NFL coaching and conditioning at least.

More likely I think is a Reiff/Okung type on a short deal and a Radunz/Little type draftee.

Your short term is covered, you're working towards the future, and you haven't screwed your cap so you can still look to fill other weak spots.
Im not convinced about the scheme being a bad fit. He performed well in the scheme he was in and we dont really know that he couldnt perform in another type scheme unless we see it.
Ravens probably would prefer to NOT trade with us but if we have the best offer than maybe. We have seen inter division trades recently its not like it used to be.

If we could get Dillard for 63 and as you say Veach likes him, I would love to see that. I would probably put that ahead of Brown.

I just dont think ruling Brown out is a good idea. In fact I would strongly consider it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:28 PM 03-17-2021
In non offensive line news.....

That WR market is shit right now. I hope Veach is out there getting ready to snag one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Im not convinced about the scheme being a bad fit. He performed well in the scheme he was in and we dont really know that he couldnt perform in another type scheme unless we see it.
Ravens probably would prefer to NOT trade with us but if we have the best offer than maybe. We have seen inter division trades recently its not like it used to be.

If we could get Dillard for 63 and as you say Veach likes him, I would love to see that. I would probably put that ahead of Brown.

I just dont think ruling Brown out is a good idea. In fact I would strongly consider it.
The thing is, will the Ravens consider it, considering the Chiefs are their main nemesis in the AFC?

It's a non-starter if you think about it that way.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:30 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Show me where the Ravens offense matches up with what the Chiefs do.
It doesn't. If thats your criteria for acquiring a LT, good luck.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:31 PM 03-17-2021
In non offensive line news.....

That WR market is shit right now. I hope Veach is out there getting ready to snag one.
They'll probably bring back Watkins.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:31 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They'll probably bring back Watkins.
I’ll fucking kill you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:32 PM 03-17-2021
I’ll fucking kill you.
:-) You know it's true, though.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:33 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The thing is, will the Ravens consider it, considering the Chiefs are their main nemesis in the AFC?

It's a non-starter if you think about it that way.
Thats a strong possibility. On the other hand they have a guy that is NOT happy and wants to be a LT. They cant offer that to him. The closer the draft gets, having another first round pick just might be enough to sway them...
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:34 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) You know it's true, though.
I swear to God, if you don’t shut the fuck up. :-)
[Reply]
Page 226 of 319
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276 > Last »
Up