ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 268
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:24 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Rian johnson is on a Damage control Tour.

As she says in this video he is crumbling.

There is no way in hell Disney doesn't have concerns going forward.
Sure but who is she? And why should I care what any random YouTuber thinks? YouTube would have you believe that Mark Hamill never had a nice thing to say about Rian or TLJ, too.

It's fine. Guys. I'm sorry. I should have stayed quiet. The people that hate this movie, hate it so much that they want to destroy anyone's joy or hope for the film. And so be it. I don't want to change anyone's mind. No one is going to change mine. I loved the movie. Others didn't. Fine. So what? Who cares. Disney will make more movies or they won't.

I'm sorry I said anything. Just ignore me. I guess turn on that feature that turns me off -- the one Dane mentioned.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:25 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes, Disney is concerned. They're concerned about their new Star Wars Land theme parks, slated to open in 2019, that are centered around Rey, Poe, Finn & Kylo Ren instead of the original trilogy characters.

They're concerned with how Solo and Episode IX will be received. There's serious concern about the direction of the franchise.

These movies were supposed to be no-brainers. Rogue One overperformed their expectations so there was legitimate hope that Episode VIII wouldn't see much drop off from The Force Awakens.

But $700 million? A Rian Johnson "Apology Tour"? Issues with Solo?

Yeah, they didn't expect any of that.
Thanks Dane. I'm bowing out now. This was a mistake. But I really appreciate the response.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:27 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
But that's fairly irrelevant to me given that the critics score is at 90% and the metacritic scroe is 85 and Cinescore has it at an A.
Thr general audience score is irrelevant?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:28 PM 01-11-2018
Sure but who is she? And why should I care what any random YouTuber thinks? YouTube would have you believe that Mark Hamill never had a nice thing to say about Rian or TLJ, too.

It's fine. Guys. I'm sorry. I should have stayed quiet. The people that hate this movie, hate it so much that they want to destroy anyone's joy or hope for the film. And so be it. I don't want to change anyone's mind. No one is going to change mine. I loved the movie. Others didn't. Fine. So what? Who cares. Disney will make more movies or they won't.

I'm sorry I said anything. Just ignore me. I guess turn on that feature that turns me off -- the one Dane mentioned.
She worked in the business.

She has just as much know how as Dane or any one working at Box Office Mojo.

Stop playing the Victim I don't hate any one who liked this movie.

If you liked it that's fine but don't try to discredit others who didn't as mad fan boys who are angry their heroes/theories didn't play the way they wanted them to.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:29 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Given how RT works and the controversy around it and that the other scores are more accurate, yes.

Okay, now I'm done.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:29 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Every star wars movie ever made has had a high Cinemark score it means nothing.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:30 PM 01-11-2018
Given how RT works and the controversy around it and that the other scores are more accurate, yes.

Okay, now I'm done.
didn't read his link.

RT has come out many times saying their is nothing fishy about the RT score it's real.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:31 PM 01-11-2018
If you liked it that's fine but don't try to discredit others who didn't as mad fan boys who are angry their heroes/theories didn't play the way they wanted them to.
Dude, I'm literally NOT doing that at all. I completely understand why people didn't like the movie. I'm not sure how much more clearly I can make that.

This place is toxic, guys. Everyone is looking for a fight. That's the default position. Remember when people could just... I don't know... talk about shit? Whatever happened to that?

Anyway. I'm clearly an asshole. I'm also an idiot. I don't care who liked or disliked the movie.

Have a great day.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:32 PM 01-11-2018
didn't read his link.

RT has come out many times saying their is nothing fishy about the RT score it's real.
I understand that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:32 PM 01-11-2018
The RT score is a lie given that the IMDB score has remained around 7.5 the entire time.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:33 PM 01-11-2018
Jesus. Okay. Fine. Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you listened to what I had to say and took it seriously.
I read it. I took it seriously. You're seriously being a dick. This is not the sub-forum for that.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:34 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I read it. I took it seriously. You're seriously being a dick. This is not the sub-forum for that.
Okay. Then, my apologies. I never meant to come across that way. This is exactly why I don't post on Chiefsplanet.

Sorry to have offended. Be well.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:36 PM 01-11-2018
Okay. Then, my apologies. I never meant to come across that way. This is exactly why I don't post on Chiefsplanet.

Sorry to have offended. Be well.
Why are you freaking out You're barely being attacked :-)
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:37 PM 01-11-2018
Why are you freaking out You're barely being attacked :-)
Oh, I'm not freaking out at all. This is what I genuinely don't get about this place. I'm calm as can be and I'm genuinely trying NOT to fight about stupid shit. :-)

Oh well. It is what it is. Again, I'm sorry guys. I should have kept my mouth shut.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:40 PM 01-11-2018

Okay, now I'm done.
The tinfoil hat conspiracys were addressed in the article. You seem to believe want you to be true.
[Reply]
Page 220 of 268
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230 > Last »
Up