ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 207 of 268
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Rausch 02:42 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
:-) Thats good a stuff.
I'm not a fan but he was spot on there...
[Reply]
Rausch 02:45 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The allies won WWI.

Doesn't mean it meant nothing because WW2 started 2 days later.
This is so ****ing stupid I think you want this bullshit narrative to work no matter what...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:45 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm not a fan but he was spot on there...
Well that's just mean.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:52 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well that's just mean.
I should be honest: I was a fan.

I'm out.

Just like I had to be forced out of Marvel Comics.

This isn't a random thing - I watched the bizzare purge of Marvel (characters) over the last decade.

And it's not a subtle thing it's obvious. They burned down the house to make room for the kids.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 01-03-2018
I should be honest: I was a fan.

I'm out.
WHAT HAVE I DONE TO SO OFFEND THEE?!?!?!?

:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 03:06 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
WHAT HAVE I DONE TO SO OFFEND THEE?!?!?!?

:-)
I'm out due to what they've done to the franchise.

They've skinned that buffalo and only care about the skin, and not the meat.

I've tapped out on Marvel (owned by Disney) comix for the same reason.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:55 PM 01-03-2018
NSFW.

[Reply]
Rausch 04:06 PM 01-03-2018
NSFW.

This vid is 100 minutes long and is BY FAR MORE SATISFYING THAN THE FILM IT'S TALKING ABOUT!
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:17 PM 01-03-2018
This vid is 100 minutes long and is BY FAR MORE SATISFYING THAN THE FILM IT'S TALKING ABOUT!
I really really hope they fire Rian from the new movies.

If not it's going to be interesting to see if people can keep the hate going until those movies come out.

I will never watch or pay to see another Rian johnson Starwars movie.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:41 PM 01-03-2018
To hate something so much you'd devote 1 1/2+ hours to watch something hating on it.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:18 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
To hate something so much you'd devote 1 1/2+ hours to watch something hating on it.
look at all the Star wars youtuber getting million + hits on all their TLJ hate videos.

It's therapy for some.
[Reply]
temper11 04:44 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The allies won WWI.

Doesn't mean it meant nothing because WW2 started 20 years later.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm surprised by this reaction. Good lord, for years I had to read through thread after thread of people bitching that Disney was going to turn their beloved Star Wars into some kind of princess pony fairy tale... now people are bent because Disney didn't let their childhood hero's "live happily ever after"? WTF?

People have no idea what they want... they just know that they hate everything.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:57 AM 01-04-2018
I'm not going to get into all of this but I will say that I thought The Last Jedi was a joy to watch. While far from a perfect film (there are things in this movie that rank among the dumbest or weirdest things I've seen in any Star Wars film), it is complex and beautiful. The cast is outstanding. And I love how bold the film is.

I was never a committed super-nerd Star Wars fan. I liked the Original Trilogy well enough. As a kid I collected the toys. But The Force Awakens (and Rogue One to a greater degree) have turned me into a bigger SW fan than I've ever been previously.

The Clone Wars animated series is outstanding. Rebels is good (can be great). I think every Star Wars movie has elements that are stupid or trite or tired. But they all also have elements of fun and adventure. I think The Last Jedi excels at all components. It turns everything that makes Star Wars "Star Wars" up to 11.

And I really loved it. I need to see it again. But I think this is a fantastic film, on the balance and I'm super excited for Episode 9.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:13 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What I meant by "High Note" is that there will be a "Happy Ending" to Episode IX story.

It's not going to be dark, nor should it be, especially after Abrams and company basically ruined Han, Luke & Leia's happy ending after Return of the Jedi with their character arcs in Episode VII & VIII.
It's going to be be near impossible to write themselves out of the fuck job of TLJ condensed in one movie.

It would take an extra addition to make it coherent.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:15 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I'm not going to get into all of this but I will say that I thought The Last Jedi was a joy to watch. While far from a perfect film (there are things in this movie that rank among the dumbest or weirdest things I've seen in any Star Wars film), it is complex and beautiful. The cast is outstanding. And I love how bold the film is.

I was never a committed super-nerd Star Wars fan. I liked the Original Trilogy well enough. As a kid I collected the toys. But The Force Awakens (and Rogue One to a greater degree) have turned me into a bigger SW fan than I've ever been previously.

The Clone Wars animated series is outstanding. Rebels is good (can be great). I think every Star Wars movie has elements that are stupid or trite or tired. But they all also have elements of fun and adventure. I think The Last Jedi excels at all components. It turns everything that makes Star Wars "Star Wars" up to 11.

And I really loved it. I need to see it again. But I think this is a fantastic film, on the balance and I'm super excited for Episode 9.
Good post man. Don't let the haters change your mind with their nitpicking. This film was a fun, emotional, moving experience from start to finish.

It was everything that ever made SW great to me.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 268
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Up