ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 90
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Do you know what you're supposed to be looking for?
It’s a simple question.

What is “generational” about him?

It’s not arm talent.

It’s not athleticism.

Is it the hair? I don’t think so, because Townsend just came out last year.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:43 PM 01-01-2021
Peyton Manning was destroyed in his final college game as well, ran over by Nebraska.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:43 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hard to be generational when Mahomes is only a few years older, unless you go with the Elway/Marino or Brady/Manning/Brees type of situation. In any case, I watched every snap of Mahomes’ college career and I’ve seen a lot of Lawrence’s games. I’ve never seen Trevor do anything that Patrick could not do, but I saw Mahomes do some absolutely batshit insane stuff that Trevor has never shown on the field.
Let's take something into account Mahomes was a super divise prospect because he had some things that needed major work.

Mahomes arm is better, his improv is better, mobility is better, but Lawrence also doesn't have any parts of his game where you go oh shit we have to overhaul that. That's what gets him graded so highly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:43 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lawrence has never had the ceiling of an elite QB in the NFL. The question is whether he can be an average one.
....... what?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:43 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Jets fans convincing themselves Fields > Lawrence.

Jags fans worried he might be too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:44 PM 01-01-2021
You guys react way too much over 1 game
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:44 PM 01-01-2021
:-) Refs finally found their flags.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:44 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
That Ohio State TE might look pretty good in Chiefs red...

He would.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:44 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
....... what?
What didn’t you get about that statement? The guy is colossally overrated as a prospect and always has been.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:45 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s a simple question.

It’s not arm talent.

It’s not athleticism.

Right.

Generational implies he possesses traits that we haven’t seen in a quarterback in 15-20 years. I wouldn’t say anything he does would even be considered elite at the NFL level, let alone “generational”.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:45 PM 01-01-2021
“Generational” Lawrence will need to pull off some Mahomes Magic in the 2nd half. I don’t think he will do it, but let’s see if he can prove me wrong.

He’s no Mahomes.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:45 PM 01-01-2021
Hard to be generational when Mahomes is only a few years older, unless you go with the Elway/Marino or Brady/Manning/Brees type of situation. In any case, I watched every snap of Mahomes’ college career and I’ve seen a lot of Lawrence’s games. I’ve never seen Trevor do anything that Patrick could not do, but I saw Mahomes do some absolutely batshit insane stuff that Trevor has never shown on the field.
I think people are getting too caught up with the word generational. The term gets thrown at prospects. These are qbs with elite talent but also a really high certainty of nfl success. Josh allen and mahomes don't have that. They were huge risks. In Trevor you have an incredibly high floor but also a huge ceiling. That's why scouts are doing gaga. It has nothing to do with being the best qb of his generation.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 PM 01-01-2021
What didn’t you get about that statement? The guy is colossally overrated as a prospect and always has been.
That sounds like something someone who thought Ryan Leaf would be better than Manning would say.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:46 PM 01-01-2021
Stick to NBA threads you have zero clue about football
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:46 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s a simple question.

It’s not arm talent.

It’s not athleticism.

It’s the fact that he’s a “winner” honestly, which is almost solely the product of being on stacked Clemson teams.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 90
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up