ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So many guys had great games today.
htismaqe 10:43 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Other than the quarterback position group, I think the defensive secondary is the strongest unit on the team now. It's an army of shutdown guys back there.
A big part of that is the scheme.

For all the escalades that Andy and EB and Mahomes get, Spags, Hitchens, and HB deserve the same. And the Chiefs have somebody in the film room that is a certified RAIN MAN. Absolutely genious.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:55 AM 01-25-2021
Other than the quarterback position group, I think the defensive secondary is the strongest unit on the team now. It's an army of shutdown guys back there.
Just goes to show that if you have several guys who are very good, you don't have to have an elite "Revis Island" type back there
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just goes to show that if you have several guys who are very good, you don't have to have an elite "Revis Island" type back there
Yep. Half the fucking time I didn’t know who was covering who. I’m so glad we’re done with the “this CB only plays the left side of the field” bullshit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:04 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. Half the fucking time I didn’t know who was covering who. I’m so glad we’re done with the “this CB only plays the left side of the field” bullshit.
A large stable of interchangeable parts sure seems like the way to go these days
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 01-25-2021
Thornhill hasn't looked that good since November of last year, prior to the injury.

Clark had probably his best game of the season.

The LB's were dialed in.

Chris Jones was a beast, as usual.

Breeland was nails. Sorenson was a hammer.

This defense looked SPECIAL last night.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Thornhill hasn't looked that good since November of last year, prior to the injury.

Clark had probably his best game of the season.

The LB's were dialed in.

Chris Jones was a beast, as usual.

Breeland was nails. Sorenson was a hammer.

This defense looked SPECIAL last night.
You could tell they were pissed off about not getting any respect before the game. Hopefully that carries over to the Super Bowl as well.
[Reply]
scho63 10:43 AM 01-25-2021
Defense had one of their best games last night and come out with a lot of tenacity.

Jones will get called for a roughing call against Tommy Boy if he is not careful.

Clark can redeem himself in Tampa with 2 sacks and a strip for a fumble.
[Reply]
redfan 10:49 AM 01-25-2021
Really pleased with the effort from the D for the last two games. They deserve a whole lotta Escalades. Playoff D arriving right on schedule!
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:01 PM 01-25-2021
There was one play in particular that really jumped out at me with regard to the power of this offense. It was a third and long (10 or 11 or so). Mahomes went back to pass and threw an easy pass to a wide open Tyreek on the left sideline. The Bills had given Tyreek such an enormous cushion that he just went straight downfield to the first down marker, turned around, and caught the pass with no defender anywhere near him. I don't think it was a blown coverage or anything. I think they gave him a 15+ yard cushion.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:33 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'm trying to think of a better team win we've had than this (against a good opponent so games like vs the Jets don't count) and it's really hard.
I can't think of another..

Hardman was really the only one with a major fuck up and then he went on to bust a 50-harder and our first TD.

Most games I watch and someone out there isn't blowing dicks, usually Neimann or Robinson, but last night even those guys didn't suck.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:34 PM 01-25-2021
There was one play in particular that really jumped out at me with regard to the power of this offense. It was a third and long (10 or 11 or so). Mahomes went back to pass and threw an easy pass to a wide open Tyreek on the left sideline. The Bills had given Tyreek such an enormous cushion that he just went straight downfield to the first down marker, turned around, and caught the pass with no defender anywhere near him. I don't think it was a blown coverage or anything. I think they gave him a 15+ yard cushion.
Yep, that was Tre White. He was giving Tyreek that cushion pretty much all night.

Did you see the 3rd and short run conversion where Tyreek just hit the jets off the line and made White fall? Lol.

Just goes to show that Hill is the most dangerous weapon in the NFL. His skill set is just so unique.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:45 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yep, that was Tre White. He was giving Tyreek that cushion pretty much all night.

Did you see the 3rd and short run conversion where Tyreek just hit the jets off the line and made White fall? Lol.

Just goes to show that Hill is the most dangerous weapon in the NFL. His skill set is just so unique.
Yeah, and White's a good corner. He's a pro bowler and second-team all pro.

I bet Carlton Davis is sitting in a dark room right now with a nearly empty bottle of whiskey in front of him.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:15 PM 01-25-2021
Yeah, and White's a good corner. He's a pro bowler and second-team all pro.

I bet Carlton Davis is sitting in a dark room right now with a nearly empty bottle of whiskey in front of him.
:-) I bet he is too, considering what Tyreek did to them the last time they saw him....13 rec., 269 yds,...3 TDs
[Reply]
eDave 03:52 PM 01-25-2021
All the offensive plays looked like a choreographed ballet. Each one played a part.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:06 PM 01-25-2021
I mean, what, 2 screwups the entire damn game? Reek drop on first drive, then the Mecole fumble...other than that, our possesions went:
Punt
TD
TD
TD
Half
FG
TD
TD
End of game.

That's a goddam championship team...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6