ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:16 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Shit I rarely use if for that anymore. I barely post and just use it for information gathering and interests.

I belong to a variety of groups such as a Bourbon Society page, fruit tree growing, AZ gardening, AZ Mustang, sports supplement page, lifting pages, community HOA. Helps me track information on things that interest me or community events.
I call bullshit on the “lifting pages”. eDave could whoop your ass.
[Reply]
FAX 09:27 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The best thing about Facebook, and pretty much the only thing I care about, is being able to reestablish contact with people I would have never been able to otherwise. I've moved around a lot, was in the service, and over the years (and long before the internet/email/social media) lost touch with a lot of friends. Now I've got a lot of them back. That being said, the drawbacks are many, especially if you're stupid about what you say and who you associate with. You've got to be careful.
That's the theory for sure, Mr. Frazod.

In fact, that's actually the message a couple of my old bandmates and keyboard players used when they convinced me to ... join ... or sign up ... or whatever you call it. The idea was that we could keep in touch and collaborate on projects. Sounded okay at the time. I didn't comprehend that all people had to do was search for your name to locate your ass.

The problem came in when I started receiving "friend requests" and "messages" from long-abandoned female acquaintances from NY or Texas or CA or KC ... etc. ect. Don't get me wrong ... I'm not bragging because some of those girls weren't necessarily pegging in the red on the 10 scale.

And let's face it, I haven't seen those people for a very long time and I doubt we have anything in common anymore. The point is that I turned the page on my previous life for a reason and I don't need the distraction caused by the flashbacks. I'm completely happy with the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX.

I have a feeling some of those old joy-joy partners weren't so lucky in their relationships, you know? So to me, Facebook is like a high-tech trotline that some people check in hopes that they catch something.

FAX
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:28 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Fuck...I have to stay off facebook, for real. Those "Facebook memories" kill me.
Originally Posted by FAX:
IMHO, Facebook is the worst invention in the history of the world.

Wanna get inadvertently tracked down by people you've tried to ignore for a decade or longer? Facebook can do it.

I, for one, am on the Screw Facebook Forever Train.

FAX
Fax bringing the facts. Social media is a cancer
[Reply]
Frazod 09:31 PM 08-12-2019
That's the theory for sure, Mr. Frazod.

In fact, that's actually the message a couple of my old bandmates and keyboard players used when they convinced me to ... join ... or sign up ... or whatever you call it. The idea was that we could keep in touch and collaborate on projects. Sounded okay at the time. I didn't comprehend that all people had to do was search for your name to locate your ass.

The problem came in when I started receiving "friend requests" and "messages" from long-abandoned female acquaintances from NY or Texas or CA or KC ... etc. ect. Don't get me wrong ... I'm not bragging because some of those girls weren't necessarily pegging in the red on the 10 scale.

And let's face it, I haven't seen those people for a very long time and I doubt we have anything in common anymore. The point is that I turned the page on my previous life for a reason and I don't need the distraction caused by the flashbacks. I'm completely happy with the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX.

I have a feeling some of those old joy-joy partners weren't so lucky in their relationships, you know? So to me, Facebook is like a high-tech trotline that some people check in hopes that they catch something.

FAX
Another wonderful feature of Facebook is blocking. It's not like blocking here - there it actually works. You don't see them, they don't see you. I have no problem hitting the smite button if somebody starts acting like they want to cause trouble for me in real life.
[Reply]
FAX 09:38 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Another wonderful feature of Facebook is blocking. It's not like blocking here - there it actually works. You don't see them, they don't see you. I have no problem hitting the smite button if somebody starts acting like they want to cause trouble for me in real life.
I'm sincerely glad that you find it a useful tool, Mr. Frazod.

However, I personally don't have the time (or the interest, really) to "manage" a Facebook account if I have to do all that. My choice was to smite the whole damn thing.

Believe me, if you're finding it beneficial ... more power to you, man. I harbor no ill will in that regard.

FAX
[Reply]
eDave 08-12-2019, 09:41 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:58 PM 08-12-2019
The key, like for Azad says, is to trick out your page to the point that you keep everybody out except for family and whatever suggestive content that you might be interested in.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:16 PM 08-12-2019
I'm sincerely glad that you find it a useful tool, Mr. Frazod.

However, I personally don't have the time (or the interest, really) to "manage" a Facebook account if I have to do all that. My choice was to smite the whole damn thing.

Believe me, if you're finding it beneficial ... more power to you, man. I harbor no ill will in that regard.

FAX
FWIW, you have a much more interesting past than I do, so I see your point. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:29 PM 09-01-2019
I'm trying to be excited about this football season...it's about all I have left.
[Reply]
scho63 02:13 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I saw eDave beat up 3 guys at once at Shadows cigar lounge. He went all Chuck Norris on them. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:18 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I saw eDave beat up 3 guys at once at Shadows cigar lounge. He went all Chuck Norris on them. :-)
I miss eDave.
[Reply]
eDave 02:23 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
This isn't the first time you've taken some sort of dig at me over my physic and I'm not digging it. Happy to discuss with you in person.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:33 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
This isn't the first time you've taken some sort of dig at me over my physic and I'm not digging it. Happy to discuss with you in person.
He's just being a douchebag, brother. Fuck him.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:31 PM 05-06-2020
Pfffft. Things aren't getting any better. Today may be the day...
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:29 PM 05-06-2020
Day for what? And what's not getting better?
[Reply]
DanT 06:36 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Pfffft. Things aren't getting any better. Today may be the day...
Hey rabblerouser, if you're thinking about harming yourself or even if you are just distressed, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
1-800-273-8255
[Reply]
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up