ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
scho63 03:46 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Almost every day. On Mondays, I see a therapist, Wednesdays I see a counselor, Fridays I have group therapy, then I go to support group on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
And none of your counselors or therapists told you CP was the problem? :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:32 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
You will be back and better than ever before you know it Rabs. Keep your chin up.
Thanks, brother. I sure hope you're right...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:35 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
And none of your counselors or therapists told you CP was the problem? :-)
There's 2 things that can get you a psychiatric hold :

1. Threats of hurting yourself or someone else

2. Admission of chronic CP use.

Of course, if I copped to my CP addiction, they might go "Antifreeze is the answer to all your problems today."
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:36 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I see a therapist on Tuesdays for anxiety. I had a panic attack in the hospital and that was the breaking point for me. But then one doctor prescribed Valium and another doctor prescribe something else for anxiety and they didn't tell me not to take them at the same time and now I have a badd reaction to the medicine and was really confused yesterday. I'm better today but I'm still pretty loopy.
Wish I could take some Valium...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:47 AM 06-29-2019
Just another day where I feel like kill myself before 5:30am...

The dreams hurt.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:35 AM 06-29-2019
Just another day where I feel like kill myself before 5:30am...

The dreams hurt.
When I first cleaned up, I used to have those in overdrive. They fade in time.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:38 AM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
When I first cleaned up, I used to have those in overdrive. They fade in time.
I fucking hate myself.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:47 AM 06-29-2019
I fucking hate myself.
Aren't you taking medication for depression? if you're still experiencing feelings of that nature, it might be a good idea to ask about getting a different product.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:00 AM 06-29-2019
... Of course, if I copped to my CP addiction, they might go "Antifreeze is the answer to all your problems today."
Is that a page 417 reference or am I just seeing an unintended reflection of something in the choice and order of your words?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:06 AM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Is that a page 417 reference or am I just seeing an unintended reflection of something in the choice and order of your words?
You caught that?

Total CP recovery humor.

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Aren't you taking medication for depression? if you're still experiencing feelings of that nature, it might be a good idea to ask about getting a different product.
I don't know if they have anything that fixes "hey, you've ruined your entire life, broski."

No pill can fix this.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:07 AM 06-29-2019
You caught that?

Total CP recovery humor.

I don't know if they have anything that fixes "hey, you've ruined your entire life, broski."

No pill can fix this.
You're too young to have ruined your life at this point. Keep trying to make your life what you want it to be. Start a new plan!
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:10 AM 06-29-2019
Recovery is often a all-out war between what we know (forces of the mind) and what we feel (forces of the brain). Please know as absolute truth in your mind that what you feel—though sometimes seemingly overwhelming—is temporary. Brain healing is a long process, and the brain itself tries to sabotage the long-term healing as it seeks short-term relief. For most of us in early recovery, the spiritual, emotional and physical pain inflicted on us by this war is too much to bear. Our brains scream out for a short-term cease-fire (usually a return to self-medication) while our minds know that continuing the battle step by step, day by day, moment by moment is the only way to a lasting peace.

Given enough time, your mind will always win this war. Your brain is the weaker force. It will surrender.

You must do everything you can do to force your brain to surrender to a benevolent conqueror: your mind and its allies—the people who love you, the professionals who care for you, and above all the Power that can restore you to sanity. You must do this because we need you. When the peace that passes all understanding takes hold in your life and your wounds are healed, your scars will bear a witness of hope to those who are living through the seeming hopelessness of their own war.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:27 AM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You're too young to have ruined your life at this point. Keep trying to make your life what you want it to be. Start a new plan!
I'm trying...every day, I get up and go to work and try to keep it together.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:29 AM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Recovery is often a all-out war between what we know (forces of the mind) and what we feel (forces of the brain). Please know as absolute truth in your mind that what you feel—though sometimes seemingly overwhelming—is temporary. Brain healing is a long process, and the brain itself tries to sabotage the long-term healing as it seeks short-term relief. For most of us in early recovery, the spiritual, emotional and physical pain inflicted on us by this war is too much to bear. Our brains scream out for a short-term cease-fire (usually a return to self-medication) while our minds know that continuing the battle step by step, day by day, moment by moment is the only way to a lasting peace.

Given enough time, your mind will always win this war. Your brain is the weaker force. It will surrender.

You must do everything you can do to force your brain to surrender to a benevolent conqueror: your mind and its allies—the people who love you, the professionals who care for you, and above all the Power that can restore you to sanity. You must do this because we need you. When the peace that passes all understanding takes hold in your life and your wounds are healed, your scars will bear a witness of hope to those who are living through the seeming hopelessness of their own war.
Thank you. It's hard. I literally wake up shaking from anxiety every single day. I wish I could just die in my sleep.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:11 AM 06-29-2019
You caught that?

Total CP recovery humor.

No pill can fix this.
I get that but what I'm saying is, the medication should allow you to go about your daily life without being overwhelmed or crushed down by your past.

We can't really forget our past and we shouldn't, but we need to be able to perform effectively so that we can continue working on ourselves and putting our lives together.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up