ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:40 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Some have said that fisher is pissed from being released and that would indicate that the relationship is poor. This article seems to indicate (at least from the chiefs side) that the relationship is fine and that they are welcome back at more reasonable deals that reflect their age and injury history.
It wasn't an article. Andy talked about it in his press conference today.

But yeah, Andy specifically said that they "did things the right way" and made it sound like all sides - the Chiefs, Fisher, and Schwartz - would be open to a reunion should it come to that.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:44 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I'm seeing +400 on the Buccs to win the NFC, so implied odds of about 20%. If you think the market is that wrong, bet the house on it?

how is the market "that" wrong? I'm seeing both GB and TB at about 20% each and then the other 60% divided into the rest of the NFC.

I mean....going with TB at 4-1 odds seems like a decent bet and not going "against" the market by any stretch....
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:44 PM 04-19-2021
Getting released cost Fisher a lot of money. He's been a pillar on our team for years. I can see why he'd be upset with the release. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns in August for a much lesser contract.
[Reply]
kcbubb 03:48 PM 04-19-2021
I found this interesting on spotrac... I would think that fishers value would be much lower? $18M sounds crazy high.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c.../market-value/

COMPARABLE PLAYERS

We've selected the following players based on their age, contract status, and statistical production to compare Eric Fisher to.

PLAYER LENGTH VALUE AVG. SALARY AGE WHEN SIGNED
David Bakhtiari 4 $92,000,000 $23,000,000 29
Garett Bolles 4 $68,000,000 $17,000,000 28
Anthony Castonzo 2 $33,000,000 $16,500,000 31
Nate Solder 4 $62,000,000 $15,500,000 29
Averages 3.5 $63,750,000 $18,214,286 29.3

BASE CALCULATED VALUE

After adjusting the above contracts as if signed at Fisher's current age (30), a linear regression is performed, providing us with the following initial value.

LENGTH VALUE AVG. SALARY
4 $73,384,616 $18,346,154

STATISTICAL COMPARISONS

Now we'll compare our variables and Fisher statistically over the two seasons prior to their signing. In this case we're analyzing: Games Played %, Hurries Allowed, Sacks Allowed, Rating

PLAYER GP% HURRIES ALLOWED/GM SACKS ALLOWED/GM RATING
David Bakhtiari 2018-2019, GB 100 1.38 0.19 83.45
Garett Bolles 2018-2019, DEN 100 1.38 0.19 73.4
Anthony Castonzo 2018-2019, IND 84.38 1.63 0.19 78.35
Nate Solder 2016-2017, NYG 96.88 1.87 0.29 79.55
Average 95.32 1.57 0.22 78.69
Eric Fisher 2019-2020 71.88 1.39 0.17 72.2
% Change -24.59% 11.46% 22.73% -8.25%
Median Prime % Change 1.61%
Average Prime % Change 0.34%

CALCULATED MARKET VALUE: ERIC FISHER

After applying our Prime % figures into our base calculated value, we're given two values. The average of these values becomes our current calculated market value.

TERMS AVG. SALARY
3 years, $55,573,023 $18,524,341
[Reply]
Hoover 03:57 PM 04-19-2021
If Fisher is coming back (Which at this point might be best for all involved), then I don't think you need to spend real money on a FA. You let Niang try and hold the fort down while Fisher comes back. Maybe Niang keeps the gig, or eventually moves to RT.

I really don't see a reason why we should freak out about the situation.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:19 PM 04-19-2021
Depends on how the draft works out, FA, Fisher's Rehab, and who blinks first $$ wise IF all the previous options don't work out. A lot of variables for sure right now BUT there is a possibility.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:17 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
If Fisher is coming back (Which at this point might be best for all involved), then I don't think you need to spend real money on a FA. You let Niang try and hold the fort down while Fisher comes back. Maybe Niang keeps the gig, or eventually moves to RT.

I really don't see a reason why we should freak out about the situation.
After hearing Andy talk today, I wouldn't be surprised to see:

1) Fisher and Schwartz move on to other teams or retire.
2) Niang at Left Tackle next season
3) Remmers at Right Tackle next season
4) The Chiefs not drafting a tackle at all in the first 3 rounds.

Andy flat out said he felt like they were okay but that Veach was still working. Basically made it sound like Veach is always trying to upgrade and is just opportunistic. The Williams thing wasn't nearly as much about need as it was about Williams being one of the best at the position.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:59 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
After hearing Andy talk today, I wouldn't be surprised to see:

1) Fisher and Schwartz move on to other teams or retire.
2) Niang at Left Tackle next season
3) Remmers at Right Tackle next season
4) The Chiefs not drafting a tackle at all in the first 3 rounds.

Andy flat out said he felt like they were okay but that Veach was still working. Basically made it sound like Veach is always trying to upgrade and is just opportunistic. The Williams thing wasn't nearly as much about need as it was about Williams being one of the best at the position.
Reid also said Remmers and Long were options at left tackle. It’s coach speak, nothing more. Their last game played saw Mahomes almost get killed behind the OL, do you honestly think they’ll stand pat with the status quo other than a “rookie” who hasn’t played in 2 years? I’m as critical of Veach as anyone but I have zero doubt he’s going to do something, one way or another.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:54 PM 04-19-2021
John Alt sighting in Leawood.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:55 PM 04-19-2021
HemiNostradmusEd
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:56 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Reid also said Remmers and Long were options at left tackle. It’s coach speak, nothing more. Their last game played saw Mahomes almost get killed behind the OL, do you honestly think they’ll stand pat with the status quo other than a “rookie” who hasn’t played in 2 years? I’m as critical of Veach as anyone but I have zero doubt he’s going to do something, one way or another.
There's no way that Veach goes into 2021 without addressing the offensive line further.

If they bring Fish back on a team friendly deal while they groom a long-term replacement, I'm cool with that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Reid said Remmers and Long were options at LT after the fact. He specifically stated that they had aspirations of putting him at LT, and he showed the ability to play the position, prior to opting out. He said three sentences about Niang. He said 3 words about long and Remmers combined.

I'm not being critical of Veach at all. I don't care what they do, they've earned my trust. If they think Niang can do it, I'm good with that.

This idea that they HAVE to draft a tackle is all fan fear bullshit. They'll be fine no matter what they do. They have a good GM, a great coach, and the best QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
There's no way that Veach goes into 2021 without addressing the offensive line further.

If they bring Fish back on a team friendly deal while they groom a long-term replacement, I'm cool with that.
Niang didn't play last year. Neither did LDT. Thuney and Long weren't on the team.

It's entirely conceivable that even if they don't add any more linemen AT ALL, every OL position will have a new player when the season starts.

If the team thinks Niang can play LT, there's absolutely zero reason to second guess them.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:20 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Niang didn't play last year. Neither did LDT. Thuney and Long weren't on the team.

It's entirely conceivable that even if they don't add any more linemen AT ALL, every OL position will have a new player when the season starts.

If the team thinks Niang can play LT, there's absolutely zero reason to second guess them.
Absolutely. I liked Rankins at guard, too.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:48 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
how is the market "that" wrong? I'm seeing both GB and TB at about 20% each and then the other 60% divided into the rest of the NFC.

I mean....going with TB at 4-1 odds seems like a decent bet and not going "against" the market by any stretch....
I was responding to someone who seemed to think TB were a lock to be in the Superbowl again next year and so the Chiefs had to roster build with beating TB in mind. If you thought the % chance of TB being in the Superbowl next year was 50% or above, you should be putting your life savings on 4-1 odds.

I think that the market is correct, and I think the person I was responding to is a dipshit
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up