ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 520 of 3903
« First < 20420470510516517518519520 52152252352453057062010201520 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:04 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Heard some absolute horror stories about plastic surgeons, dermatologists and other providers calling in huge scripts for their families, claiming they all had RA, which is not only not within their scope of practice, but ridiculous given that you only need 12 tabs for a course of treatment per some of the literature.
My understanding though is that global production capacity is pretty outstanding.

Yeah, we'll tap it in short order, but from what I can tell everyone seems confident that we'll be able to make a shitload of this in the near future.

What's the concept of 'off-label' mean? Does this mean that doctors or pharmacists can essentially prescribe it to anyone that tests positive while liberally utilizing the sympathetic use exception?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:04 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
How about 25 million tests?
Or that either...
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:04 PM 03-20-2020
Heard some absolute horror stories about plastic surgeons, dermatologists and other providers calling in huge scripts for their families, claiming they all had RA, which is not only not within their scope of practice, but ridiculous given that you only need 12 tabs for a course of treatment per some of the literature.
Yeah taking it for more than ten days can be lethal.

I am still really optimistic about it, though. If it can accelerate recovery for 50% of patients, you eliminate exponential growth.
[Reply]
TLO 12:05 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

What's the concept of 'off-label' mean? Does this mean that doctors or pharmacists can essentially prescribe it to anyone that tests positive while liberally utilizing the sympathetic use exception?
This is a good question.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:07 PM 03-20-2020
My understanding though is that global production capacity is pretty outstanding.

Yeah, we'll tap it in short order, but from what I can tell everyone seems confident that we'll be able to make a shitload of this in the near future.

Technically, doctors can prescribe it liberally now. it's been around for 70 years. My friend has a bottle in his desk, because he went to Ghana for work in December.

I'm a little annoyed at the reporting on this. I totally get the "let's slow down, we haven't found a cure yet" but I read two articles talking about how deadly the medication can be...

if overdosed.

Or taken by infants.

You could say that about virtually any prescription drug, WTF
[Reply]
wazu 12:08 PM 03-20-2020
Mother fuckers! Are there any repercussions for this bullshit?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:09 PM 03-20-2020
Today was my last day at work for a while. My oncologist agreed that I need to self-isolate outside of infusion days for my chemo. I told my boss and he was extremely understanding. I feel very lucky, but I'm also scared. All of this bad news is becoming more and more worrisome for me.

The only thing I want to do at this point is just spend time with my wife and girls.
If you are in the Columbia area, and you need anything brought to you guys. Let me know and I will help you out, however I can.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:11 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
If you are in the Columbia area, and you need anything brought to you guys. Let me know and I will help you out, however I can.
How much TP do you have.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:12 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
How much TP do you have.
And your women. How much for your women?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:12 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Mother fuckers! Are there any repercussions for this bullshit?
I'm not overly worried about that, given two facts:

1. It's easily produced in generic form by multiple US companies.
2. By its nature, if it works, then it works to help prevent the virus from taking hold. So, while it's better to have the truly sick the first ones to receive the medication, having general populations armed with it in case of exposure/infection is not the worst thing in the world.

I imagine there's going to be a LOT of this drug produced in the next few weeks. If the French numbers are in any way accurate (90% tested negative after 6 days), then this drug would impede the over-running of medical facilities, which is what we are REALLY after.
[Reply]
O.city 12:13 PM 03-20-2020

Off label means it’s not currently a known treatment for said disease iirc
[Reply]
Monticore 12:13 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
And your women. How much for your women?
They go through a lot of TP good luck supporting them.
[Reply]
TLO 12:13 PM 03-20-2020
A couple questions for discussion/speculation -

1. Is chloroquine something that is routinely stocked in hospitals? Pharmacies? I'm assuming all available supply is going to be sent to hospitals ASAP. I just spoke to a pharmacist friend who says Hydroxychloroquine would be in hand at the hospital.

2. How long, realistically, do we have to wait to see if this works?
[Reply]
Monticore 12:14 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Off label means it’s not currently a known treatment for said disease iirc
like using papers towels instead of toilet paper.
[Reply]
O.city 12:14 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I'm not overly worried about that, given two facts:

1. It's easily produced in generic form by multiple US companies.
2. By its nature, if it works, then it works to help prevent the virus from taking hold. So, while it's better to have the truly sick the first ones to receive the medication, having general populations armed with it in case of exposure/infection is not the worst thing in the world.

I imagine there's going to be a LOT of this drug produced in the next few weeks. If the French numbers are in any way accurate (90% tested negative after 6 days), then this drug would impede the over-running of medical facilities, which is what we are REALLY after.
They’re doing cases on it everywhere now so we should have good ideas in a week or so
[Reply]
Page 520 of 3903
« First < 20420470510516517518519520 52152252352453057062010201520 > Last »
Up