ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1020 of 3903
« First < 20520920970101010161017101810191020 102110221023102410301070112015202020 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:49 AM 04-02-2020
Governor Cuomo said number of people discharged from hospital "way up".

So that's good...
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:49 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well the Georgia governor didn't even know this so...
i'd guess he's a fucking liar
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:51 AM 04-02-2020
I did find it really funny to watch trump pull a smokey and count from both sides of the wad on vents they have sent to NY.

"first 2000 then 2000 more then uhhhhhh 4000. "

then they ask NY later how many they got and they said 4k total :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:54 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

So that's good...
Definitely is... It's good to know it's not a death sentence if you do test positive especially if you are younger.

Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I did find it really funny to watch trump pull a smokey and count from both sides of the wad on vents they have sent to NY.

"first 2000 then 2000 more then uhhhhhh 4000. "

then they ask NY later how many they got and they said 4k total :-)
Trump is a great trash talker. Someone like me can definitely appreciate that. Lol.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:56 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Used correctly , but the average user isn’t going to change often enough , or not touch it or move it , taking it off the Back on , letting get moist or soiled , gives people false sense of security and they don’t wash there hands as often. Is it better than nothing yes it can be. Would also need eye protection as well.
It's not rocket science. Yes, some people are going to wear them incorrectly. People will reuse them. People will touch their faces sometimes. Taking all of that into account. If EVERYONE wore masks out in public and gatherings, it would GREATLY mitigate the spread of this virus. It would be a gigantic preventative measure and maybe, just maybe, we could actually, do shit once this starts to die down.

Even if everyone wore JUST wore a scarf over their faces, it would still HELP.

Anything over a face, a mouth, eyes will HELP. Some help more than others. Some things like N95 masks REALLY help.

It's a staple in asian cultures and and it has been shown to significantly mitigate transmission, even when the average joe wears them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 04-02-2020

So that's good...
Was that this morning or yesterday?

Because yesterday afternoon he said it was damn near 1 for 1, admissions vs. discharges. If it's taken an additional step in that direction today to where discharges are outpacing admissions, then you there's an argument to be made that NYC timed things perfectly.

That's enormous progress, regardless of what happens with the number of overall contracted cases.

Because geography remains our biggest ally. If we can just keep bouncing these hotspots around and throwing resources at them as they surface, we'll be able to address this piecemeal. You WANT this to get real close to the rev limiter; just gotta do it without blowing the engine.

Like I said, I do not envy NYC leadership. They have an almost impossibly thin line to walk. And they were taking enormous heat throughout it because their raw numbers are bad in large part due to circumstances both unique to NYC and almost entirely out of their control.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:57 AM 04-02-2020
[QUOTE=DJ's left nut;14882311]Was that this morning or yesterday?

[QUOTE]

This morning.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:00 AM 04-02-2020

So that's good...
Recoveries clear the 10k mark.....:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 AM 04-02-2020
23% of all of the world's Covid-19 cases are Americans.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:01 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

It's a staple in asian cultures and and it has been shown to significantly mitigate transmission, even when the average joe wears them.
:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 10:02 AM 04-02-2020
8,400+ new cases already in NY today.....
[Reply]
jd1020 10:04 AM 04-02-2020

So that's good...
More people to ride the subway.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:04 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
just because someone shows no symptoms doesnt mean they are not sick.
Im going to have to disagree. You can be a carrier and not be "sick". Being asymptomatic is the definition of not being sick at least where it comes to a virus I would think.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:07 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Im going to have to disagree. You can be a carrier and not be "sick". Being asymptomatic is the definition of not being sick at least where it comes to a virus I would think.
Fine line. Asymptomatic is not showing any symptoms or signs. So you have the virus but are you "sick"? Not in the traditional sense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 04-02-2020
This morning.
Excellent. Obviously the hope would be that admissions didn't increase at a similar rate but it doesn't seem like they should be.

I guess I'm curious how they calculated 'peak demand'. I mean, if this is a trend and discharges will continue to meet/exceed admissions, wouldn't that suggest that peak demand has passed?

It's one day - it doesn't really mean dick in the grand scheme. But if it's 3-4 days that does mean something. And if so, it's just another tick on the "hey, maybe chill with the 'models' for a bit" thing. These models are almost universally out of whack within 72 hours.

The EU is also starting to trend down and also weeks before expected. I still think the EU is a handy reference point for us. If for no other reason than we can put SOME stock in their numbers. Given that we can't so much as wipe our ass with anything China puts forward, having any similarly situated political subdivision to look at is useful.
[Reply]
Page 1020 of 3903
« First < 20520920970101010161017101810191020 102110221023102410301070112015202020 > Last »
Up