ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2283 of 3903
« First < 1283178321832233227322792280228122822283 228422852286228722932333238327833283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:12 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Me getting a haircut in a barbershop with less than 10 people (following reasonable social distancing measures) is the same as rioting with hundreds with some masks? Who in this thread said anything about gathering in large groups? Our desires were all pretty ****ing reasonable and you’re trying to compare it to this shit?

JFC you couldn’t be any more obvious in your bias. All of you.
Bro hes right, those protesters just don't care about human life and want grandma and grandpa to die.

I mean AT LEAST THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TOLD...........
[Reply]
Mecca 11:13 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Me getting a haircut in a barbershop with less than 10 people (following reasonable social distancing measures) is the same as rioting with hundreds with some masks? Who in this thread said anything about gathering in large groups? Our desires were all pretty fucking reasonable and you’re trying to compare it to this shit?

JFC you couldn’t be any more obvious in your bias. All of you.
I was referring to the protests about haircuts...good to spin it though.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM 06-01-2020
Hard to not make this political when celebs are screaming in my tv, iPad, radio etc with ads telling me to stay home one week and then saying they’ll pay my lawyer fee to go riot among several thousands of people crammed into one narrow streets.

This bullshit is over dude. Open this goddamn country back up with special protections for the most vulnerable.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:14 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Ahhh ok that makes sense,

So all these protesters and people rioting just want to kill grandma and grandpa.

Gotcha
lol
Pretty sure that is not what I said , but since you are a moron I will let it go.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:14 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I was referring to the protests about haircuts...good to spin it though.
Right,

These people protesting clearly do not care about human life, they don't care if elderly people die at all. They are selfish and wrong to do what they are doing.

OR AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Right,

These people protesting clearly do not care about human life, they don't care if elderly people die at all. They are selfish and wrong to do what they are doing.

OR AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD
Yea pretty good chance lots of them will end up with covid and kill people, so there's that.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:16 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
From a public health stance any mass gathering right now is not smart, from a common sense stance there can be a difference in the reasoning behind them.

protest injustice vs pool party , doesn't mean you have an agenda.
Regardless. People have been shamed nationwide for not complying. Nobody is being shamed now. It's not being talked about by msm at all and, while protesting that blatant miscarriage of justice would be noble IN ANY OTHER TIME, we're amid a pandemic. We either social distance or we don't. I'm an atheist, but my family is Catholic, Lutheran, or Christian and they can't attend church, but Walmart, the dope shops, abortion clinics, and now protesting is fair game.

My RFAs have been put on hold for 3 months. I'm in severe neurological pain but was told I didn't matter, but Suzy B Cumguzzler can muffle her indiscretion? GTFO
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:16 AM 06-01-2020
Yall worked yourselves into a corner with those previous comments about going outside without a mask or to protests of the lock down. About how people like that, clearly don't care about others and are selfish. And how those people clearly will become a danger to grandma and grandpa.

Now eat crow, admit your hypocritical and we can move on......
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:17 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Take the new job and just go ahead and tell them now. A week’s notice is better than none. I think most of the businesses that indefinitely furloughed their employees are expecting many of them to find jobs elsewhere in the interim.
Pay your bills, man. Do what YOU need to do. They'll keep you on ice until convenient for THEM. Oops, quoted wrong guy
[Reply]
Mecca 11:18 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Regardless. People have been shamed nationwide for not complying. Nobody is being shamed now. It's not being talked about by msm at all and, while protesting that blatant miscarriage of justice would be noble IN ANY OTHER TIME, we're amid a pandemic. We either social distance or we don't. I'm an atheist, but my family is Catholic, Lutheran, or Christian and they can't attend church, but Walmart, the dope shops, abortion clinics, and now protesting is fair game.

My RFAs have been put on hold for 3 months. I'm in severe neurological pain but was told I didn't matter, but Suzy B Cumguzzler can muffle her indiscretion? GTFO
You do know that argument is basically because people want to be stupid I should be allowed to do it too, right?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:21 AM 06-01-2020
You do know that argument is basically because people want to be stupid I should be allowed to do it too, right?
No, it's not. It was pointing out the idiocy of these lockdowns.

Edit- inconsistency and biased*
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:21 AM 06-01-2020
Uh you know we aren't supposed to be talking about that shit in here right?

But look if you want to be real about it, what they're doing will almost assuredly lead to a massive spike in numbers. No one that brought up ever said that it wouldn't. The absolute spin here that "oh look you all don't care about covid now" is a ****ing 3rd grade argument.

Hamas said that protesting a dude getting killed by a cop is a better cause than people getting haircuts, unless you are completely dense that's a reasonable thing to say. But at the same time both of those things will cause numbers to increase in this climate.

I don't think that means you are supporting one over the other, they have the same effect an increase in numbers of the virus.
Rioting, destroying property and injuring people is better than chilling by a pool. Sweet take.
[Reply]
Donger 11:22 AM 06-01-2020
No, it's not. It was pointing out the idiocy of these lockdowns.

Edit- inconsistency and biased*
Do you think that the mitigation efforts have lead to fewer infections and deaths than if we hadn't?
[Reply]
Monticore 11:24 AM 06-01-2020

To be honest I don't watch the news much (didn't even know what the riots were about at first), and I haven't seen any of that shaming stuff up here .

Going to be hard to answer part of your question without getting to political. You will never find a perfect answers to very complicated situations such as these , you can poke a hole into pretty much any decisions ever made but it usually doesn't change anything .

Do you think using those terms to describe people make you a better person?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:25 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you think that the mitigation efforts have lead to fewer infections and deaths than if we hadn't?
No,

But it's just a guess honestly. The lockdown in my estimation was a wasted effort considering some of the serology studies coming back.

Many more people were infected than we even knew about. So while I don't think it was effective, it not because it COULDN'T have been. But more along the lines is it was implemented months to late in my own estimation.

That being said, we will be able to compare and contrast soon enough.
[Reply]
Page 2283 of 3903
« First < 1283178321832233227322792280228122822283 228422852286228722932333238327833283 > Last »
Up