ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 10:30 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Cole Beasley played with a broken fibula while Sammy couldn't get himself back on the field after 4 weeks of recovery from a minor calf strain.

And the Chiefs have barely missed him.
Yeah, damn. That doesn't look good for Sammy. I'd bet good money he's active for the SB, though.

Originally Posted by treeguy27:
I'm not sure I'd even do that. The money would be right, but he'd just be taking up a roster spot while not playing most of the time. That spot could be devoted to developing a young guy for the future.
I like the Allen Robinson idea, but I'm thinking he's going to look to be paid more than what he would get here. Although, our offense is quite similar to the Bears', so maybe he'd consider it for a shot at a championship? There are a couple of Lions receivers I'd take a look at as well.....Jones and Golladay are FAs, iirc. Money will be a concern bringing in any vet receiver now with Fisher's situation, though.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM 01-26-2021
The odds we add a WR that isn't a old vet wanting to win or a reclamation project are very low.

With what the cap around the league is gonna be and all the cuts that'll happen, it's gonna be a buyer's market on most players.

Watkins is the type of guy that could explore FA and then come back on a 1 year 1 mill deal cause nothing's out there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, damn. That doesn't look good for Sammy. I'd bet good money he's active for the SB, though.

I like the Allen Robinson idea, but I'm thinking he's going to look to be paid more than what he would get here. Although, our offense is quite similar to the Bears', so maybe he'd consider it for a shot at a championship? There are a couple of Lions receivers I'd take a look at as well.....Jones and Golladay are FAs, iirc. Money will be a concern bringing in any vet receiver now with Fisher's situation, though.
Golladay is an interesting idea. But i think he's gonna get paid too. He's not a household name, but im sure he's highly regarded in league circles.

I do think we get some sort of FA WR though to step in as #2.
[Reply]
TEX 10:43 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Offer him a vet minimum contract next year. Take it or leave it.
Would not even do that. I would rather use the $$$ elsewhere.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:47 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The odds we add a WR that isn't a old vet wanting to win or a reclamation project are very low.

With what the cap around the league is gonna be and all the cuts that'll happen, it's gonna be a buyer's market on most players.

Watkins is the type of guy that could explore FA and then come back on a 1 year 1 mill deal cause nothing's out there.
It really depends on what happens. If Schwartz retires that will free up money. Pretty much a guarantee that Matheiu gets extended giving us more money.

I don’t think an Achilles injury will ruin Fisher’s career. I would try to manage a
Short extension based on good faith with incentives in the first year.

Some of you guys think Fisher is nearly done at age 30. I would remind you that Jason Peters was still a good LT in his mid 30’s and Andrew Whitworth was still kicking ass at 39 this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It really depends on what happens. If Schwartz retires that will free up money. Pretty much a guarantee that Matheiu gets extended giving us more money.

I don’t think an Achilles injury will ruin Fisher’s career. I would try to manage a
Short extension based on good faith with incentives in the first year.

Some of you guys think Fisher is nearly done at age 30. I would remind you that Jason Peters was still a good LT in his mid 30’s and Andrew Whitworth was still kicking ass at 39 this year.
It's not his age, it's that he is going to miss half the season.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:49 AM 01-26-2021
I think extending Fisher would actually help us. Veach could approach this deal as “hey you’re not gonna play most of next season, maybe not any of it, so let’s extend you and lower your cap hit in the season you’re hurt so we can have money to use in other areas.”

That would be completely fair
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:50 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'm done with Sammy Watkins. Nothing personal and i'll always be thankful for his contributions and will have fond memories of his era. No matter what, he'll always be a part of the Chiefs Golden Era, and no one will forget his game clinching TD vs the Titans to put us in the SB.

But players don't suddenly get less injury prone the longer they're in the league. A great talent. Seemingly a great guy. But his body couldn't hold up.
[Reply]
morphius 10:54 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm done with Sammy Watkins. Nothing personal and i'll always be thankful for his contributions and will have fond memories of his era. No matter what, he'll always be a part of the Chiefs Golden Era, and no one will forget his game clinching TD vs the Titans to put us in the SB.

But players don't suddenly get less injury prone the longer they're in the league. A great talent. Seemingly a great guy. But his body couldn't hold up.
Yup, he just doesn't play enough to be worth holding onto sadly.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:57 AM 01-26-2021
DRob had the quietest 42 snap count game in recent memory.

I don't think he was even targeted once.
[Reply]
dls6501 11:00 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Offer him a vet minimum contract next year. Take it or leave it.
There is absolutely no need to do this.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:00 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Cole Beasley played with a broken fibula while Sammy couldn't get himself back on the field after 4 weeks of recovery from a minor calf strain.

And the Chiefs have barely missed him.
Sammy lost $1.25MM by not playing Sunday, I have no idea where anyone gets the idea its a minor injury.

Dude cant stay healthy that's not debatable but making unfounded claims like this are just silly when its costing the player millions of $ in incentives.
[Reply]
dls6501 11:03 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Sammy lost $1.25MM by not playing Sunday, I have no idea where anyone gets the idea its a minor injury.

Dude cant stay healthy that's not debatable but making unfounded claims like this are just silly when its costing the player millions of $ in incentives.
From every single report on his injury when it first happened?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:03 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
If we can bring him back on a deal similar to Demarcus Robinson's this year you absolutely take it. Former #4 overall pick and less than a year ago put up a huge performance in both the AFCCG and Super Bowl. 27 year old Sammy Watkins as your #3 WR is downright scary. Id still like to see them make a splash for a legit #2 WR however through free agency or draft.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:04 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

It was reported as not being a significant injury four weeks ago.

#Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins suffered a calf injury yesterday, but the belief is he did not suffer a major injury, source said. He’ll likely rest next week, then have the bye. Good chance he’s back by that point.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 28, 2020

[Reply]
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up