ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:00 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Still not a drop since August - just reporting in. This will be my last check in - as I don't want to whore for attention. But yeah... Feel free to let this drop down the thread index... It gets boring being sober all the time - but it's nice to be back in control.

Carry on my friends.
Keep on Keeping on SR!
You know, being sober isn't boring its REAL.
Wishing you the best
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:38 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
Appreciate it so much bro also meant to thumb up your comment but fucked up haha but again thanks for the support my guy
No worries man

Originally Posted by FAX:
Clear thinking isn't all it's cracked up to be, but it beats the alternative.

FAX
Certainly better than that stinkin' thinkin'
[Reply]
burt 12:50 PM 12-09-2019
Still not a drop since August - just reporting in. This will be my last check in - as I don't want to whore for attention. But yeah... Feel free to let this drop down the thread index... It gets boring being sober all the time - but it's nice to be back in control.

Carry on my friends.
Dude....you are a rock! Since I am still in recovery, I have so many meds that drinking isn't hard to avoid. Unfortunately, I need to wait to work out. NOT losing any weight, and really need to concentrate more on my diet. We are all quietly cheering for you! You are highly thought of here.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:26 AM 12-10-2019
Did you have any withdraws?

I went hard as fuck Saturday (spoke to you on the phone lol) havent drank since then but I did some googling for my dry January and it says if you drink 15 drinks or more a week and quit cold turkey you can have seizures wtf. This freaks me the fuck out. I dont need medical help or rehab as I feel I can quit when I need to but reading about these risks scares the fuck out of me.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:31 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

I went hard as **** Saturday (spoke to you on the phone lol) havent drank since then but I did some googling for my dry January and it says if you drink 15 drinks or more a week and quit cold turkey you can have seizures wtf. This freaks me the **** out. I dont need medical help or rehab as I feel I can quit when I need to but reading about these risks scares the **** out of me.
I'm guessing by your age that that's a long shot - I wouldn't worry too much. About the most that'll happen to you is insomnia - I don't feel like you were to that point. I'm no expert - but i'd imagine that would take decade of drunkenness to get to that level of risks.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:44 AM 12-10-2019

I went hard as fuck Saturday (spoke to you on the phone lol) havent drank since then but I did some googling for my dry January and it says if you drink 15 drinks or more a week and quit cold turkey you can have seizures wtf. This freaks me the fuck out. I dont need medical help or rehab as I feel I can quit when I need to but reading about these risks scares the fuck out of me.
I was also never physically dependant on alcohol, nor drugs.. I just couldn't stop once I started and always did stupid, stupid fucking shit. I'd binge for days at a time and my hangovers would last 2-3 days sometimes.

I never had a seizure abruptly stopping, though I did witness my father seize from withdrawal. He was also 50-51 at the time and had YEARS of daily drinking. You should be fine, though if you're still concerned you could try tapering it down over the next couple of weeks?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:03 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I was also never physically dependant on alcohol, nor drugs.. I just couldn't stop once I started and always did stupid, stupid ****ing shit. I'd binge for days at a time and my hangovers would last 2-3 days sometimes.

I never had a seizure abruptly stopping, though I did witness my father seize from withdrawal. He was also 50-51 at the time and had YEARS of daily drinking. You should be fine, though if you're still concerned you could try tapering it down over the next couple of weeks?
I am. With the exception of a few times I haven't gone HARD meaning more than 10 drinks a night. It's more so 5 or 6 for 4 or 5 nights a week which is still alot. Saturday was a holiday party so yeah that was bad but the hangovers at this age suck now and I'm def not physically dependent I do it out of boredom. However from what I've read on several reddit threads none of that matters if you consume more than 15 drinks a week you are at risk once you go cold turkey.

I'd bet the majority of this board and half the country has about 15 drinks a week. Seems like a low standard.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:24 AM 12-10-2019
I am. With the exception of a few times I haven't gone HARD meaning more than 10 drinks a night. It's more so 5 or 6 for 4 or 5 nights a week which is still alot. Saturday was a holiday party so yeah that was bad but the hangovers at this age suck now and I'm def not physically dependent I do it out of boredom. However from what I've read on several reddit threads none of that matters if you consume more than 15 drinks a week you are at risk once you go cold turkey.

I'd bet the majority of this board and half the country has about 15 drinks a week. Seems like a low standard.
:-) i don't touch the hard stuff, only beers (and bowls). it's all 'pain' 'management' for me :-)

seriously though, if im not 'medicated' i cannot sleep thru the night with the aches. /breaks comment

good on ya SR for being self aware. you are a better man than i
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:26 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
:-) i don't touch the hard stuff, only beers (and bowls). it's all 'pain' 'management' for me :-)

seriously though, if im not 'medicated' i cannot sleep thru the night with the aches. /breaks comment

good on ya SR for being self aware. you are a better man than i
Nothing wrong with the bowls. Look forward to getting my med card should put an end to the drinking :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:52 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yea, keep posting and updating. It's no bother and we all feel better when you do. Lot's of support here. Lean on it.

This because we care brother.
[Reply]
StockingAnarchy12 04:53 AM 12-10-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys

Feel better.

My dad was an is still an alcoholic. He is in pretty bad shape. I know I am not a "friend", but understand this well.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:02 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by StockingAnarchy12:
Feel better.

My dad was an is still an alcoholic. He is in pretty bad shape. I know I am not a "friend", but understand this well.
This is a good place to hang out and get to know people yeah we like to get pissy with each other but we're like a family and we can be very supportive indeed if you ever need to reach out.

I know it hits family members harder than anyone knows and that is what is so damaging that the alcoholic has blinders too but it's not fair game because alcohol poisons the mind and soul.

Hang in there bud.
[Reply]
StockingAnarchy12 05:30 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
This is a good place to hang out and get to know people yeah we like to get pissy with each other but we're like a family and we can be very supportive indeed if you ever need to reach out.

I know it hits family members harder than anyone knows and that is what is so damaging that the alcoholic has blinders too but it's not fair game because alcohol poisons the mind and soul.

Hang in there bud.
I appreciate your kindness. I have a good online support base with my issues as I suffer from some mental health problems, but I fight everyday.

I know we are rival franchises, but I will be supportive of anyone who has demons or personal struggles. OP is definitely in a good place with all of you.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:43 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by StockingAnarchy12:
I appreciate your kindness. I have a good online support base with my issues as I suffer from some mental health problems, but I fight everyday.

I know we are rival franchises, but I will be supportive of anyone who has demons or personal struggles. OP is definitely in a good place with all of you.

I actually work in a mental hospital lol. I can spot a psycho you don't seem like a psycho but mental health has many personalities and many forms of it takes it's toll on a person psych. At least there is help and support I'm proud of you for talking about it that helps others and by helping others you in return help yourself. That is a great gift.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 05:57 AM 12-10-2019
Keep it up SR, You've got a lot of people here pulling for you and I'm one of them.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up