ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2255 of 4823
« First < 1255175521552205224522512252225322542255 225622572258225922652305235527553255 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:52 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
As I noted before the season, if you're not going to make the playoffs (and denver clearly was NOT), what's the point in signing keenum? How was that a better choice than a young player (or, literally, just about ANYONE else)? Why pay a loser like him that much money? What was the upshot?

There's not way Horseface is actually this bad at his job.
Let me introduce you the 2017 draft from Horsey...

Garrett Bolles still On team but very below average player who is already 27. Was second most penalized player in 2017. And most holding penalties in 2018.
Demarcus Walker has 2 sacks and 9 tackles in 2 seasons
Carlos Henderson not with team
Brendan Langley not with team
Jake Butt king of the broke dicks
Isaiah McKenzie not with team
Deangelo Henderson not with team
(The savior) Chad Kelly not with team

So yeah, he really is that bad!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:00 PM 01-14-2019
Ha, that was a funny mistype ... one would hope they draft one. Hell, I don’t care how they get one, just get one.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:02 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
MYbe if he’s bringing Pitts O line with him. Otherwise it’s gonna be tough with Bowels and the crew!
Agreed, they need better OL which is why I wish they had taken Nelson,
[Reply]
TEX 06:03 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Dunno... maybe because those were two different deals? They moved up a few spots for Lynch the year before Mahomes was drafted...

Why did it take KC most of your lifetime to draft a stud QB in the first round? Hell, to draft a QB in the first round. I mean, there was Blackledge yeah?

Why did 32 NFL teams not draft Patrick Lindsay?

So many unanswered questions out there.
Hell, has Denver ever drafted a stud QB in the first round? Cutler? Stud? Tebow, stud? Lynch, stud? No. No & No. I'm going off memory here, but hasn't Denver had to trade or go the FA route for any successful / stud QB? Morton, Elway, Manning? Yes. Yes & Yes. So, it's not like you guys are this great QB talent drafting franchise. :-)
But if you're saying that at least you guys took your shots in the 1st round, I'll give you that one. Still paying for that "Lynch shot" though. OUCH!

Regarding Lindsay, maybe because they thought his name was "Patrick" too, and like you, didn't know who Phillip was? :-)
And / or maybe because at 5' 8" and 185lbs, many probably thought that he was too small to be an every down RB. He did get hurt this season, right? So, why draft a guy like that when you can invite him to camp afterwards? :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:28 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why did the donx refuse to allow other teams to interview him if they were just going to part ways with him? It's a really incompetent look.

Almost as if there IS no plan. It’s just Horseface consolidating as much power as he can and hoping all the turds he throws at the wall will stick.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:51 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Hell, has Denver ever drafted a stud QB in the first round? Cutler? Stud? Tebow, stud? Lynch, stud? No. No & No. I'm going off memory here, but hasn't Denver had to trade for any successful / stud QB? Morton, Elway, Manning? Yes. Yes & Yes. So, it's not like you guys are this great QB talent drafting franchise. :-)
But if you're saying that at least you guys took your shots in the 1st round, I'll give you that one. Still paying for that "Lynch shot" though. OUCH!

Regarding Lindsay, maybe because they thought his name was "Patrick" too, and like you, didn't know who Phillip was? :-)
And / or maybe because at 5' 8" and 185lbs, many probably thought that he was too small to be an every down RB. He did get hurt this season, right? So, why draft a guy like that when you can invite him to camp afterwards? :-)
Yeah, I never said Denver was known for drafting a stud QB. They were lucky the Colts made a bad decision... tried their luck with guys like Griese and Cutler, really the only two to do anything as a QB in the NFL. They acquired Plummer - he had a nice run.

McDaniels made the wildass move to trade back into R1 to get Tebow, at least he did better than Lynch. Not saying much.

Their biggest miss would have to be taking Brock at 57 and watching Wilson go as the next QB to the Seahawks at 75. Say whatever you like about should have traded up for whatever guy, that's the big glaring miss.

Hell in 2016, they should have avoided Lynch - let Dallas go for him and take Dak. Those were the two discussed homes for those players by most accounts.

Soon it will be, they should have traded the future to move from 5 to 1 for Mayfield. It's a never ending cycle of 20/20 hindsight with the draft for most teams, specifically Denver though the last few years. They'll need to address that quickly to ensure 2018 doesn't become the 'fluke year'. Kubiak is gone, so Fangio and company have their work cut out for them.

All of this is probably why I don't expect things to suck for an extended period of time... the Broncos are very active in and have a strong history with free agency. Sure, they make some bad decisions, but more often than not, they've done well.

Time will tell over the next couple of months as to what the next few years hold.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:25 PM 01-14-2019
Yeah, I never said Denver was known for drafting a stud QB. They were lucky the Colts made a bad decision... tried their luck with guys like Griese and Cutler, really the only two to do anything as a QB in the NFL. They acquired Plummer - he had a nice run.

McDaniels made the wildass move to trade back into R1 to get Tebow, at least he did better than Lynch. Not saying much.

Their biggest miss would have to be taking Brock at 57 and watching Wilson go as the next QB to the Seahawks at 75. Say whatever you like about should have traded up for whatever guy, that's the big glaring miss.

Hell in 2016, they should have avoided Lynch - let Dallas go for him and take Dak. Those were the two discussed homes for those players by most accounts.

Soon it will be, they should have traded the future to move from 5 to 1 for Mayfield. It's a never ending cycle of 20/20 hindsight with the draft for most teams, specifically Denver though the last few years. They'll need to address that quickly to ensure 2018 doesn't become the 'fluke year'. Kubiak is gone, so Fangio and company have their work cut out for them.

All of this is probably why I don't expect things to suck for an extended period of time... the Broncos are very active in and have a strong history with free agency. Sure, they make some bad decisions, but more often than not, they've done well.

Time will tell over the next couple of months as to what the next few years hold.

Our biggest problems: On D, keeping talent signed to the team. On O, our shitty line. The last time we had a "good" O-Line was when PFM was still great and making them look better than they were. It is what it is. We won a Superbowl so I'll sure as hell take it. But fixing the O-Line comes before fixing the QB position for us, because the next HoF QB isn't going to come walking through that door any time soon. So grabbing Munchak to fix the line and Fangio to keep the D players engaged and productive is a solid move. If (if, if, if) Munchak can fix that line then Keenum can be the competent QB that shines until his replacement comes along.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:04 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Our biggest problems: On D, keeping talent signed to the team. On O, our shitty line. The last time we had a "good" O-Line was when PFM was still great and making them look better than they were. It is what it is. We won a Superbowl so I'll sure as hell take it. But fixing the O-Line comes before fixing the QB position for us, because the next HoF QB isn't going to come walking through that door any time soon. So grabbing Munchak to fix the line and Fangio to keep the D players engaged and productive is a solid move. If (if, if, if) Munchak can fix that line then Keenum can be the competent QB that shines until his replacement comes along.
Pretty much... bad decisions landed them Keenum, they’ll have to make the best of it. Bottom line is, Trevor would have fared better with an average OL. They have to fix that, long overdue.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:22 PM 01-14-2019
You pretty much nailed it until the Keenum can be a competent qb part...

If Fangio can maintain your defensive standard, and if Munchak can work miracles with the substandard oline you currently have, and if you can find the QBOTF, I can understand reason for optimism...

But that's a lot of ifs
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:26 PM 01-14-2019
Ha, that was a funny mistype ... one would hope they draft one. Hell, I don’t care how they get one, just get one.
Hey, it happens to the best of us, just attempting to throw a light jab at you.

You do deserve credit for actually still participating in this banter thread after your boys were out of it...

Most of the other Denver fans tucked tail and ran
[Reply]
New World Order 11:31 PM 01-14-2019
MHM deserves credit for hanging in there.

Hopefully he jumps ship and joins us.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 11:46 PM 01-14-2019
Denver took the kiss of death route. You guys built a team to win "now," then. Sure it worked, you got your superbowl and looked great doing it. You had a few good years. But look at what it cost you? Years of suckage. And it isnt looking like itll get better for a long long time.

Chief fans can sympathize. We had the same shit in the early 2000's with Dick Vermiel when he brought in Holmes, and Green. He built the team to win then. Unfortunately the team didnt have much of a future because we gave away draft picks for retreads that would help us win for 3-5 years max. Im just glad we lucked out and finally hit a home run with Mahomes!!
[Reply]
listopencil 12:50 AM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
You pretty much nailed it until the Keenum can be a competent qb part...

If Fangio can maintain your defensive standard, and if Munchak can work miracles with the substandard oline you currently have, and if you can find the QBOTF, I can understand reason for optimism...

But that's a lot of ifs

Meh. He has been competent in the past, and we could really use at least a mediocre performance out of him for one year. I don't doubt that the FO will be looking for the next good QB starting as of this off season. Nature of the beast.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:53 AM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
Denver took the kiss of death route. You guys built a team to win "now," then. Sure it worked, you got your superbowl and looked great doing it. You had a few good years. But look at what it cost you? Years of suckage. And it isnt looking like itll get better for a long long time.

Chief fans can sympathize. We had the same shit in the early 2000's with Dick Vermiel when he brought in Holmes, and Green. He built the team to win then. Unfortunately the team didnt have much of a future because we gave away draft picks for retreads that would help us win for 3-5 years max. Im just glad we lucked out and finally hit a home run with Mahomes!!

Yeah, you guys really hit on Mahomes. The kid is a stud. As for sucking after a SB run I'll take it. We got a couple of appearances and one win out of the deal. Works for me. I like this Fangio guy. Reminds me of a cross between Wade Phillips and John Fox but with a bit more bite. Could be fun.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:54 AM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Hey, it happens to the best of us, just attempting to throw a light jab at you.

You do deserve credit for actually still participating in this banter thread after your boys were out of it...

Most of the other Denver fans tucked tail and ran

It's fun to talk shit and exchange some football talk. It's just when the thing devolves into homertarded fuckwittery on both sides that it's not worth participating in.
[Reply]
Page 2255 of 4823
« First < 1255175521552205224522512252225322542255 225622572258225922652305235527553255 > Last »
Up