ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1855 of 4822
« First < 855135517551805184518511852185318541855 185618571858185918651905195523552855 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:38 PM 07-24-2018
You morons think Denver wins more than 6? :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:39 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You morons think Denver wins more than 6? :-)
All depends on whether or not the check clears, I suppose.

SEA, OAK, @ BAL, KCC
@NYJ, LAR, @AZ, @KCC, HOU
bye
@LAC, PIT, @CIN, @SFF
CLE, @OAK, LAC

9 before the bye, 7 afterwards... coming off the season they had, there's certainly mixed expectations. I'm not sure I see 10+ losses there though. Again, about two months ago, I played it out and had Denver finishing 3rd overall with 9 wins, IIRC.
[Reply]
TEX 06:11 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
All depends on whether or not the check clears, I suppose.

SEA, OAK, @ BAL, KCC
@NYJ, LAR, @AZ, @KCC, HOU
bye
@LAC, PIT, @CIN, @SFF
CLE, @OAK, LAC

9 before the bye, 7 afterwards... coming off the season they had, there's certainly mixed expectations. I'm not sure I see 10+ losses there though. Again, about two months ago, I played it out and had Denver finishing 3rd overall with 9 wins, IIRC.
IMO 9 wins is the optimistic ceiling. Im a Case Keenum fan. Saw most every home college game of his. The guy has no quit in him. He's better than anything Denver had last year and that probably adds a couple of wins to their overall record. But he does have limitations and he's not a guy that can carry a team by any means. Im picking Denver to win 7 games. Id bet their season goes much like last year where they get off to a good start - mostly due to their home heavy schedule, and then come down to earth once the schedule evens out, only they wont crash as hard as last season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:37 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO 9 wins is the optimistic ceiling. Im a Case Keenum fan. Saw most every home college game of his. The guy has no quit in him. He's better than anything Denver had last year and that probably adds a couple of wins to their overall record. But he does have limitations and he's not a guy that can carry a team by any means. Im picking Denver to win 7 games. Id bet their season goes much like last year where they get off to a good start - mostly due to their home heavy schedule, and then come down to earth once the schedule evens out, only they wont crash as hard as last season.
7 wins... 9 wins... we're pretty much saying the same thing. The team is an enigma of sorts, it has talent, but has really had no leadership or heart when it matters most the last couple of seasons.

Case is a good dude, but he's not a savior. He's the guy that helps right the ship for the next guy.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:27 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by :
Those who have been at Keenum’s side are betting on him pacing a turnaround in his newest setup.

“Being the guy does wonders for a quarterback,” said Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury, Keenum’s play-caller at the University of Houston. “I think you’re going to see his play continue to elevate because of that comfort level.”

“He just has that magic about him,” Kingsbury said. “When you have his type of work ethic, guys will follow you. When you treat people the right way, guys will follow you. When you take the time to know your teammates, guys will want to play hard for you. Case checks those boxes.”
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/07/2...k-case-keenum/

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:10 AM 07-25-2018
Lol now ask Kingsbury whether he’d prefer Keenum or Mahomes.
[Reply]
TEX 09:36 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
7 wins... 9 wins... we're pretty much saying the same thing. The team is an enigma of sorts, it has talent, but has really had no leadership or heart when it matters most the last couple of seasons.

Case is a good dude, but he's not a savior. He's the guy that helps right the ship for the next guy.
Yep. Totally agree.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:44 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol now ask Kingsbury whether he’d prefer Keenum or Mahomes.
He loves Keenum. He'd probably say Mahomes is the most talented QB he's ever coached but Keenum is the best QB he ever coached.

Originally Posted by :
“Some guys have that innate sense to get out of the pocket and either get forward for 6 or 7 [yards], make it second-and-3 or get outside the pocket and find somebody down the field,” Kingsbury said. “He’s one of the best I’ve ever been around at knowing when his pocket’s collapsing, somebody’s coming free and getting at him, and he makes a play at the right time.”

He made us look good as coaches because he could check into the right play, and then if you called a play and it was covered, he could scramble, move, extend the play and make it down the field,” he said. “It was a playcaller’s dream to have somebody like that.”

As Kingsbury watches Keenum’s film, he reminds himself why he never called screen plays in 2011, when the Cougars ranked among the top 10 teams in the country in third-down conversions (48.4 percent).

“Why take it out of his hands?” he said. “He’s either going to throw for it, run for it or extend the play and find somebody.”

“I remember I talked to him after the Pittsburgh game,” Kingsbury recalled. “I called him and said, ‘You are playing at a very, very high level. Hang in there. You’re just about to get going.’”

And he did. But even in a game in which Keenum had his worst passer rating (65.9) of the season, Kingsbury saw the potential.

“He’s getting hit and they’re throwing the kitchen sink at him with blitzes and he’s moving and making some phenomenal throws down the field that were either close to being caught or almost caught,” he said. “You could just see that if he was given the chance to win the game, even though it didn’t work out, that something was coming. I knew in this day and age he was getting beat up on Twitter and social media. I just wanted to make sure that he knew he was doing everything he could do, just hang in there and keep balling because you’re really close to taking that next step. He’s done it, which is awesome.”
http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-v...-for-greatness
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:17 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
He loves Keenum. He'd probably say Mahomes is the most talented QB he's ever coached but Keenum is the best QB he ever coached.

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-v...-for-greatness
Sums it all up right here:

https://youtu.be/9JRLCBb7qK8
[Reply]
RunKC 05:38 PM 07-26-2018
Broncos made Cowherd’s dumpster fire list:-)

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:04 PM 07-26-2018
The desperate uniform & (hedious) helmet change helped the Jags. Fins, not so much
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:39 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Broncos made Cowherd’s dumpster fire list:-)

you listen to Cowterd?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:29 PM 07-26-2018
Even a moron like him can see just how bad Denver is.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:14 AM 07-27-2018
Veach: We're not letting you leave this building without a deal

Breeland:

[Reply]
Bewbies 08:19 AM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
The desperate uniform & (hedious) helmet change helped the Jags. Fins, not so much
You are hedious.
[Reply]
Page 1855 of 4822
« First < 855135517551805184518511852185318541855 185618571858185918651905195523552855 > Last »
Up