ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 94
« First < 42828889909192 9394 >
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:21 PM 02-01-2024
Its a shame we all have to get old. I remember Jodie Foster looking pretty good in Maverick.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:29 PM 02-01-2024
FTR I'm not hating on Foster's looks

She's 61 and playing the role of Sherriff talking about her Tinder account that's a bit silly

But yeah, the actual story and setting is interesting and I'll definitely see it through in hopes that it gets somewhere eventually
[Reply]
staylor26 12:37 PM 02-01-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
FTR I'm not hating on Foster's looks

She's 61 and playing the role of Sherriff talking about her Tinder account that's a bit silly

But yeah, the actual story and setting is interesting and I'll definitely see it through in hopes that it gets somewhere eventually
The tinder and fantasy football shit is super cringe.

I'm actually enjoying the show, but there are definitely some issues.
[Reply]
blake5676 12:57 PM 02-01-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm actually enjoying the show, but there's definitely some issues.
I think I'm halfway enjoying it, but almost unsure. There's too much supernatural in it thus far for my liking. I'll finish it as there's only 3 episodes left, but I'd be shocked if I end up liking this season better than the 3rd and obviously not in the same stratosphere as the 1st.
[Reply]
Fish 01:15 PM 02-01-2024
They are simply wasting all the creepy cool potential being built up. Need some kind of payoff.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:54 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The tinder and fantasy football shit is super cringe.

I'm actually enjoying the show, but there are definitely some issues.
There's a theory that Jodie Foster's character is the one catfishing Hank Prior- since Danvers phone keeps popping up with notifications. Thought it was interesting and makes more sense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:04 PM 02-05-2024
Tried watching last night. Got about 10mins in and then just ended up banging the wife. Only scene i recall is that one chick getting her ass beat by 3 dudes.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:47 PM 02-05-2024
The entertainment I get from reading reactions on this show and other shows like Rings of Power are probably much better than watching the show. Keep the curmudgeon coming!
[Reply]
Shoes 09:56 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
They are simply wasting all the creepy cool potential being built up. Need some kind of payoff.
100%- the setting of an isolated Alaskan town in darkness for weeks is the perfect atmosphere of what could be a real creepy show. Unfortunately the writing has been awful, haven't really advanced the plot or leaned into creating scenes and situations that can really let the setting of the show shine. Too many shitty character conflicts with characters the audience has no connection to.

First episode set the table fairly well but it's been downhill after that.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:33 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by Shoes:
There's a theory that Jodie Foster's character is the one catfishing Hank Prior- since Danvers phone keeps popping up with notifications. Thought it was interesting and makes more sense.
Ok, that is funny to think about.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:38 AM 02-07-2024
I like it for the most part but a little tired of this "something wild will happen in the last 5 mins" thing and agree with whoever mentioned they are looking for a payoff.

The new season of True Detective is a mystery where the audience has to try to understand why two extra-strength gay women are supposed to be straight

— Julia Claire (@ohJuliatweets) February 5, 2024

[Reply]
ChiTown 12:19 PM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The entertainment I get from reading reactions on this show and other shows like Rings of Power are probably much better than watching the show. Keep the curmudgeon coming!
This has NOTHING to do with being a curmudgeon. This has to do with a show that winds itself up so tight be "explosive" and "mind twisting", when it's really just a jumbled mess of pig shit intertwined with worst story telling of ANY series I've ever watched. If you dig it, then good on ya, but S4 of TD makes S2 look like a fucking masterpiece, IMO.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:47 PM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
This has NOTHING to do with being a curmudgeon. This has to do with a show that winds itself up so tight be "explosive" and "mind twisting", when it's really just a jumbled mess of pig shit intertwined with worst story telling of ANY series I've ever watched. If you dig it, then good on ya, but S4 of TD makes S2 look like a fucking masterpiece, IMO.
I'm not suggesting this in a negative tone. I really enjoy reading reactions to shows that fumble the bag like this.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 10:38 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Shoes:
100%- the setting of an isolated Alaskan town in darkness for weeks is the perfect atmosphere of what could be a real creepy show. Unfortunately the writing has been awful, haven't really advanced the plot or leaned into creating scenes and situations that can really let the setting of the show shine. Too many shitty character conflicts with characters the audience has no connection to.

First episode set the table fairly well but it's been downhill after that.
It's a show that can't really figure out what it wants to be. If you want to make it about ghosts and a crazy murder(?) and mysterious videos of people being killed then you have to go all in and focus on that. If you want it to be less about the murder and more about the characters like season 1, then focus on that. Instead we have neither. There's been very little actual detective work, and most of it that has been done centers in on a murder that wasn't even the original one we see in episode 1 anyway.

I still have no idea what they could possibly find in these caves that will explain anything. The leader of the mining company saying "they can't get in those caves at all costs" was just really funny to me. Like the original murder they are investigating and maybe happened there was years ago. If you are part of some vast corporate coverup, you've had plenty of time to clean things up.

I guess the only explanation that makes sense is they are going to find out in the caves that there is some kind of chemical that is getting into the water and it causes some people to have hallucinations and go crazy and that's what happened in the original murder and the scientists at the station were trying to find a cure or something for it but it ended up getting them.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:42 AM 02-13-2024
This is like watching a WB movie. So bored, bad writing.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 94
« First < 42828889909192 9394 >
Up