ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 94
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:07 PM 07-13-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How do you feel about Colin Ferrell and Taylor Kitsch for season 2?

http://www.thewrap.com/colin-farrell...sch-also-eyed/
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
a big step down, but they're solid actors.
There'll be two more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1863383
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:51 AM 07-14-2014
Sounds like this series is undergoing a colinoscopy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 AM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Sounds like this series is undergoing a colinoscopy.
It has always, since day one, been meant to be a series of stories each told in its entirety in a single season.

The prestige of the show hinges on the writer and directors, and the sensibility they bring to the plots, more than the cast.

Complaining about recasting on True Detective is like complaining about Ken Burns using different voice over talent on Prohibition than he did on The Civil War.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:19 AM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It has always, since day one, been meant to be a series of stories each told in its entirety in a single season.

The prestige of the show hinges on the writer and directors, and the sensibility they bring to the plots, more than the cast.

Complaining about recasting on True Detective is like complaining about Ken Burns using different voice over talent on Prohibition than he did on The Civil War.
I have been aware of this premise. Just not the biggest Colin Ferrell fan.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:57 AM 07-15-2014
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I have been aware of this premise. Just not the biggest Colin Ferrell fan.
Easy solution. Skip season 2.

Nick said recently he didn't anticipate doing more than 3 seasons.

Probably feeling the pressure of having to start from scratch and expectations of matching the original season.

MM's character, lines / the writing, and performance, in my mind, makes clearing the bar set that high, again, almost a certain exercise in futility. His portrayal of Rust is one of generational magnitude.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 10:35 AM 07-15-2014
I'll take or leave Colin Ferrell. But I godamm LOVE Taylor Kitsch.

Super excited if he's going to be a part of this.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:28 PM 07-15-2014
I finally finished this. Fantastic show. Count me as one who wasn't disappointed in the finale.

But....what's this shit about the Marty's daughter? Can some one explain that to me please because i definately missed it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:30 AM 07-16-2014
A name being attached to TD S2 that should excite one and all.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:40 AM 07-18-2014
http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/07/major-p...ve-season-two/
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 12:07 AM 07-21-2014
Bump/hijack

Anyone into this show should also check out Broadchurch. True Detective gets pretty abstract and gets into the existential artsy stuff whereas Broadchurch sort of swings it the other way where it's more social commentary and they intentionally mess with your head and lead you down windy paths (moreso than True Detective).

They're actually remaking it as an American version which is going to air in the fall starring.. the same exact actor except with a fake US accent (it will be called Gracepoint). So before that comes out and is terrible, I hope you guys check out the original first.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 11:24 AM 07-21-2014
With the bar set so high from season 1 with Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. I don't think another season can ever live up to the expectations. Just put Keye and Peele in it.
[Reply]
noa 11:27 AM 07-21-2014
The wife and I liked Broadchurch a lot. It took a familiar setup and did a nice job of telling the story. I liked the aesthetic of the show, too.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:56 AM 07-21-2014
We actually had a brief Broadchurch thread but it didn't get a lot of play for whatever reason. Good show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:16 PM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Bump/hijack

Anyone into this show should also check out Broadchurch. True Detective gets pretty abstract and gets into the existential artsy stuff whereas Broadchurch sort of swings it the other way where it's more social commentary and they intentionally mess with your head and lead you down windy paths (moreso than True Detective).

They're actually remaking it as an American version which is going to air in the fall starring.. the same exact actor except with a fake US accent (it will be called Gracepoint). So before that comes out and is terrible, I hope you guys check out the original first.
Broadchurch is coming to America. It'll be called Gracepoint. Early on it will be nearly shot for shot, but will diverge wildly later in the series leading to a different [set of] suspect[s].

Helmed by Carolyn Bernstein, who brought The Bridge to US soil. Starring David Tennant, the last Doctor.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:28 AM 07-27-2014
I watched the entire season for the first time yesterday (first weekend I've had to myself since June). It would've been cool to see some more ritual type of shit, especially at the end when they finally got on to the yellow king.

Overall, it was like a Slayer album with Depeche Mode lyrics.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 94
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up