ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Hall of Classics>ENDelt's deck thread
ENDelt260 06:55 PM 04-19-2005
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:58 PM 05-23-2005
Originally Posted by ENDelt260:
There was discussion of using composite, but Phil was concerned that the composite decking holds heat more than wood, and that in Arizona that could be an important detail. So, we went with wood.
I can see that as a concern, particularly as you are inevitably gonna run into recycled plastics.
Just kind of interested in how much work they've put into durability under extreme heat, because my buddy put a lot of research into what the specs were on durability under UV and durability under changing conditions [hot to cold].
And I must say, it's a sweet deck. Now to see how it looks 10-15 years from now.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:23 PM 05-23-2005
I don't think that speech pattern ever did actually get utilized. Though, to be honest, my memory's kinda blurry.
Perhaps that's one of the problemamias.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:25 PM 05-23-2005
I just started a new job today doing deck preservation and stuff like that. It has been good so far.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:41 PM 05-23-2005
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav:
That looks nice. I expect a great result. On other fronts your HOA sucks, because those stairs are indeed same as before in color and look almost as bad. Oh well at least I am sure they are safe now.
Those steps haven't been painted yet. The kickboards were recycled from the previous stairs, but the decking on the stairs is an unpainted redwood. Despite the grain patterns in the wood playing tricks on your eyes, they're completely straight and level now. In some spots we had to make a 3" adjustment to the right side.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:43 PM 05-23-2005
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I can see that as a concern, particularly as you are inevitably gonna run into recycled plastics.
Just kind of interested in how much work they've put into durability under extreme heat, because my buddy put a lot of research into what the specs were on durability under UV and durability under changing conditions [hot to cold].
And I must say, it's a sweet deck. Now to see how it looks 10-15 years from now.
I wasn't as concerend about the temperature affecting durability as I was comfort. I've experienced a hybrid wood and trex deck in 90 degree heat. The trex was too hot to stand on and I had to jump over to the wood decking. I can't imagine how that would affect not only the comfort on his feet, but also the surrounding temperature if the plastic is holding that much heat. If he were allowed to cover the deck, that would be another story.
[Reply]
teedubya 08:25 PM 05-25-2005
this deck progress is going really slow as far as I can see.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:48 PM 05-25-2005
Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs:
this deck progress is going really slow as far as I can see.
I think for an accurate picture of what's going on now, we should all go rent Leaving Las Vegas. For Phil's part, just picture Elizabeth Shue with a much bigger head and a goatee.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:53 PM 05-26-2005
I've just been lazy the past couple days. We were out of town over the weekend. Monday got lost to Mexico. I'll probably post some new pics tomorrow.
Well, it's tomorrow lazy ass!

:-)
[Reply]
unlurking 06:28 PM 05-26-2005
Yeah, but it ain't quittin' time in AZ yet.
Ahh, good point, work that lazy biotch to the bone.

Oughtta post pics of you lounging with a drink in your hand while Phobia's on his hands and knees poppin nails into the deck!

[Reply]
KCWolfman 07:40 PM 05-26-2005
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Ahh, good point, work that lazy biotch to the bone.

Oughtta post pics of you lounging with a drink in your hand while Phobia's on his hands and knees poppin nails into the deck!

That's what I was thinkin

"Okay, deck boy, if you get enough done tonight, you get a single clue as to where the truck is being stored. If I don't see progress, then you only get a piece of the truck, removed with a sledgehammer"
[Reply]
Jenny Gump 08:20 PM 05-26-2005
Wow, you have a big deck.
[Reply]
KCWolfman 09:13 PM 05-26-2005
Just a couple new pics today.

More progress on the decking.
That broad's legs are horrible. I sure hope she can cook at least.
[Reply]
KC Dan 09:26 PM 05-26-2005
Phil gonna still be there Tuesday night?
[Reply]
pink 09:33 PM 05-26-2005
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
Phil gonna still be there Tuesday night?
his wife hopes not.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 09:33 PM 05-26-2005
Originally Posted by pink:
his wife hopes not.
Gettin' horny, eh?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up