ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1371 of 3903
« First < 37187112711321136113671368136913701371 137213731374137513811421147118712371 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 07:41 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
How about some WWE?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rnd/index.html
I love that what is essentially a Broadway show is considered essential.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I am not in the everything is over let's open everything up camp, but I think it would be ok to start slowly experimenting a little.

For instance trying to get the K through 6 grade opened back up. This age group probably isn't doing great online and it is hard on parents regarding the child care.

Since kids don't appear to be ending up in hospitals that often I think you could choose a handful of schools and give those parents and teachers the option of going back.

If you started small you could test like crazy for the virus and see how it goes.

I don't think opening all the schools all at once would be a good idea.
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Thats just not a smart idea. Kids will spread this shit like wildfire. I honestly could see schools being closed for pretty much all of next year as well.
Don't know about next year :-)

Originally Posted by Monticore:
Yeah kids are not renowned for their hand hygiene , I wouldn't want to guess and a potential return date .
I don't think Chief Pagan has been around elementary kids much. :-)
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Parents everywhere just cringed.
Those kids may not die but they will bring it home to their families. Who will then spread it into the community where other people will die.

Originally Posted by petegz28:
Chris Cuomo has a schpiel on Facebook where he said his doctor told him similar which was don't lay on your back. Lay on your side and as much as it hurts to take deep breaths.
They have been proning patients for a while now so I am unsure if any change in numbers will attributed to that , I hope any reduction we see is because we are on the downside of this thing.

Some of these articles make it seem that these physicians have discovered a medical breakthrough but some of these practices have been in use elsewhere for quit some time.
It was SOP in every hospital I ever worked in to put a COPD or pneumonia patient that was struggling on their side or belly when presented to the ER. If a patients sats dropped on the floor the nurses would have them turn on their side first. That was 20+ years ago.
[Reply]
Donger 07:46 AM 04-14-2020
So, three straight days of new case decline?
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:50 AM 04-14-2020
They have been proning patients for a while now so I am unsure if any change in numbers will attributed to that , I hope any reduction we see is because we are on the downside of this thing.

Some of these articles make it seem that these physicians have discovered a medical breakthrough but some of these practices have been in use elsewhere for quit some time.

What they were doing in the beginning was once their oxygen was low put them on a vent immediately.

This article is about what they wished they knew when this first started a month ago.
Originally Posted by :

Just about a month ago, people stricken with the new coronavirus started to arrive in unending ranks at hospitals in the New York metropolitan area, forming the white-hot center of the pandemic in the United States.

Now, doctors in the region have started sharing on medical grapevines what it has been like to re-engineer, on the fly, their health care systems, their practice of medicine, their personal lives.
Doctors, if you could go back in time, what would you tell yourselves in early March?

“What we thought we knew, we don’t know,” said Dr. Nile Cemalovic, an intensive care physician at Lincoln Medical Center in the Bronx.

Medicine routinely remakes itself, generation by generation. For the disease that drives this pandemic, certain ironclad emergency medical practices have dissolved almost overnight.

The biggest change: Instead of quickly sedating people who had shockingly low levels of oxygen and then putting them on mechanical ventilators, many doctors are now keeping patients conscious, having them roll over in bed, recline in chairs and continue to breathe on their own — with additional oxygen — for as long as possible.

The idea is to get them off their backs and thereby make more lung available. A number of doctors are even trying patients on a special massage mattress designed for pregnant women because it has cutouts that ease the load on the belly and chest.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
What they were doing in the beginning was once their oxygen was low put them on a vent immediately.

This article is about what they wished they knew when this first started a month ago.
We avoided putting anyone with COPD on a vent unless they were at the point where death was imminent. Especially first time patients that have never been on a ventilator. The patients body and lungs love being able to fully breathe better than they have in years.

This was a semi-new approach back in my day from the old one to just put the patient on a vent earlier to help them get over this acute crisis sooner and back to normal faster.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:11 AM 04-14-2020

[Reply]
notorious 08:11 AM 04-14-2020
School will have to start in Fall or things will get bad.

Our local small school is at 99% participation rate using online learning and packets. The large schools in the surrounding area are at 25% and 15%.

Different cultures, but good lord that's abysmal.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:13 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
So, three straight days of new case decline?
Are you including today?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Donger 08:19 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Are you including today?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
No:

April 10 = 33,752
April 11 = 30,003
April 12 = 27,421
April 13 = 26,641
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:22 AM 04-14-2020
What site is that from, Dong?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:24 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
School will have to start in Fall or things will get bad.

Our local small school is at 99% participation rate using online learning and packets. The large schools in the surrounding area are at 25% and 15%.

Different cultures, but good lord that's abysmal.
It's like that in my house, 1 kid doing their work 1 kid not.
[Reply]
O.city 08:24 AM 04-14-2020
There was a study of pregnant women (I believe in NY) that had serological studies done and they found 15% had antibodies to Sars COv 2. I think they were tested as well and some tested positive with no symptoms. So that's good news.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:25 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Thats just not a smart idea. Kids will spread this shit like wildfire. I honestly could see schools being closed for pretty much all of next year as well.
This is pretty much 100% inaccurate.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:26 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This is pretty much 100% inaccurate.
If you don't think kids spread shit like crazy, I dunno where you've been.
[Reply]
notorious 08:28 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's like that in my house, 1 kid doing their work 1 kid not.
The leadership in our school is outstanding. They will call the kid and parents when work doesn't get turned in.

The local cell and internet provider stepped up to the plate and installed free internet in every kid's house that doesn't have it for FREE.

Gotta love small communities that have their shit together.

In contrast, the large cities around us have a very good plan installed, but the students and parents aren't stepping up the plate. It's just a huge contrast in culture and accountability.
[Reply]
Page 1371 of 3903
« First < 37187112711321136113671368136913701371 137213731374137513811421147118712371 > Last »
Up