ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 56
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:25 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
FWIW, Payton didn’t say they would have taken Mahomes at 11. He said he’d have taken Mahomes at 11, but only if the guy they picked was gone.
There was absolutely no other way to state his intentions without bruising Lattimore's ego...

He was being pragmatically truthful
[Reply]
tmax63 02:28 PM 04-29-2018
The Chiefs moved up and took the choice they wanted instead of waiting for leftovers. They were proactive, not reactive and I hope this trait continues to permeate through the entire organization.
[Reply]
O.city 02:39 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That list went primarily later in the 2nd or the very early 3rd.
Exactly

So it’s likely speaks goes somewhere in that spot and they didn’t feel her make it to 54
[Reply]
patteeu 02:51 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
There was absolutely no other way to state his intentions without bruising Lattimore's ego...

I understand that that's a possibility.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:59 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:

This. Everyone knew who his first choice was based on that conversation
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:09 PM 04-29-2018
From Bob McGinn...

Originally Posted by :
5. BREELAND SPEAKS, Mississippi (6-3, 285, 4.90, 2): Fourth-year junior started 19 of 37 games. “Got a lot of talent,” said one scout. “Has big-time flashes. Burst, power, plays hard, disrupts a lot. He’s a versatile guy who can fit different fronts.” Played mostly as a DE in 2016 before moving inside last year. “On run downs he’s a base left end,” said another scout. “That’s the tone-setting, stout guy that you want. On third down put him over the guard and let him go. He’s a good power-leverage rusher. He doesn’t have the body twitch for backward movement … Had a rough sophomore year (2016). A lot of off-field stuff happened (DUI, suspension). He lost a lot of weight. He can be a really good player in the right setting under the right coach. Given that, he’s probably a Pro Bowler. If he gets (Cowboys defensive coordinator) Rod Marinelli, somebody like that. Under a coach who’s not going to (challenge) him every day.” … Finished with 127 tackles (15 for loss) and nine sacks. “He got kicked out of the Mississippi State game (Nov. 23),” a third scout said. “He’s a disruptive force but there are games he doesn’t do anything. If everything went right I thought he could be a first-rounder. I don’t know that it has.” From Jackson, Miss.

[Reply]
staylor26 06:06 PM 04-29-2018
Sounds like a guy the media wasn’t nearly as high on as scouts/personnel guys were
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:14 PM 04-29-2018
I bet he plays inside with Chris Jones in our nickel, and suddenly we'll be able to stop the run in that front.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:16 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I bet he plays inside with Chris Jones in our nickel, and suddenly we'll be able to stop the run in that front.
It won’t be just because of that. Hitchens, and possibly O’Daniel, will play a huge role in that as well.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:21 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It won’t be just because of that. Hitchens, and possibly O’Daniel, will play a huge role in that as well.
Tackling will be vastly improved on D as well. Won't be watching Sorensen miss open field tackles and now will be watching DOD thump in sub packages. He tackles really well.
[Reply]
O.city 06:24 PM 04-29-2018
With the draft class, Berry back, Williams and Hutchens the run d should be better

Hopefully
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:41 PM 04-29-2018
I still would have taken Isaiah Oliver over him.

But I’m not Veach.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:12 PM 04-29-2018
I just watched the Ole Miss vs Miss St. He had one sack but other than that he was handled by the RT and LT all game. Then he had to go and get 2 unsportsmanlike penalties and was kicked out of the game.
[Reply]
Best22 07:19 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I just watched the Ole Miss vs Miss St. He had one sack but other than that he was handled by the RT and LT all game. Then he had to go and get 2 unsportsmanlike penalties and was kicked out of the game.
The Miss State LT was drafted this year. He's good

It's rare for EDGE players to get sacks. 12 sacks in 16 games is a great number. EDGE players affect in a game isn't normally felt play to play, but they can have a BIG impact in the game as long as they hold up against the run and get some pressure

I bet we see Speaks as a stand-up rusher in the middle on third downs sometimes.

Going to be exciting
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:24 PM 04-29-2018
Arkansas game he gets one sack and was a non factor and also gets another personal foul for a tremendously late face mask.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 56
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up