ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 50 of 252
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:01 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
Just waiting on botw to be good to go on cemu....
im at the point where im waiting for splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8. Zelda is old news now omg! lol j/k
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 04:09 AM 03-25-2017
Those cemu devs don't play around though.
[Reply]
007 07:47 AM 03-25-2017
Originally Posted by JCharles25:
odyssey players are worse than both combined
I loved my odessey2
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:43 AM 03-25-2017
So I finally got my hands on Horizon Zero Dawn. Only into a little bit. Did the first Cauldron quest. This game has elements of Witcher 3 and Far Cry 4 in it. The map looks just like a far cry map. The dodge and roll system is like Witcher 3. I am pretty happy with it so far, but the voice acting is horrendous. Overriding machines and taking them over is pretty fun. Riding them and fighting on them is a little tricky early. Visually the game looks gorgeous. The storyline is ok so far, nothing like TLoU or Witcher 3.

So far, I'd give this game a 8.5/10. That is as high as I'd go right now.
[Reply]
dmahurin 12:50 PM 03-25-2017
Just beat Breathe of The Wild. Top 5 game ever made IMO. Ill be continuing all the shrines and side quests now that the main story is over and will be doing another play through very soon. Just phenomenal.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:16 AM 03-26-2017
Just started playing Nioh. Pretty bad ass so far. Very difficult and not for everyone. If you love the Dark Souls games, you'll Dig it.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:24 AM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Just started playing Nioh. Pretty bad ass so far. Very difficult and not for everyone. If you love the Dark Souls games, you'll Dig it.
Loved Bloodborne and started DS3. Will get back into DS3 sometime. Nioh looked nice
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:10 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Just beat Breathe of The Wild. Top 5 game ever made IMO. Ill be continuing all the shrines and side quests now that the main story is over and will be doing another play through very soon. Just phenomenal.

I've been hearing nothing but amazing things about this game.
[Reply]
dmahurin 08:44 AM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've been hearing nothing but amazing things about this game.
all of it is deserved. Worth the cost of the switch hands down to me.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:16 AM 03-28-2017
Nioh Review: PS4

Stating that the developers for Nioh, (Team Ninja) took some inspiration from Dark Souls and Bloodborne is a bit of an understatement. The difficulty, progression system, gameplay and atmosphere is nearly identical.
I guess that's why this game is so damned great.
The game is based around the real-life explorer William Adams. See below for details:

Originally Posted by :
William Adams (24 September 1564 – 16 May 1620), known in Japanese as Miura Anjin (三浦按針: "the pilot of Miura"), was an English navigator who, in 1600, was the first of his nation to reach Japan during a five-ship expedition for the Dutch East India Company. Of the few survivors of the only ship that reached Japan, Adams and his second mate Jan Joosten were not allowed to leave the country while Jacob Quaeckernaeck and Melchior van Santvoort were to bring messages back to the Netherlands inviting them to trade. Adams and Joosten settled there and became one of the first ever (and one of the very few) Western samurai.

Soon after Adams's arrival in Japan, he became a key advisor to the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. Adams directed construction for the shogun of the first Western-style ships in the country. Adams was later key to Japan's approving the establishment of trading factories by the Netherlands and England. He also was highly involved in Japan's Red Seal Asian trade, chartering and serving as captain of four expeditions to Southeast Asia. He died in Japan at age 55. He has been recognised as one of the most influential foreigners in Japan during this period.

Numerous novels were based on his life, beginning in the 19th century. He was the model for the character of John Blackthorne in James Clavell's best-selling novel Shōgun (1975), which was adapted as a 1980 TV mini-series, a 1989 computer game, and a 1990 Broadway musical. The 2017 video game Nioh also features him as the protagonist.
Gameplay:

The game is damned difficult. I had my fair share of issues with Bloodborne back when I was a "Souls Virgin" but nothing like this. It is unforgiving and grueling but at no time has it been unfair.
I was a little disappointed in my last game, (Zero Dawn) because it was too easy. However, this has more than made up for that. Don't think you can go into it and be overly aggressive. You can and will die by even the lowest level enemy.

Graphics:

Locked in at 30FPS I experienced no lag whatsoever. You can adjust this to 60 at any time but when I did, I experienced a bit of phasing and blur.
The game is beautiful and fairly distinctive. It did seem a little outdated occasionally but it's very current gen.

Music/Voice:
The game is a lot more story driven than Dark Souls so the protagonist actually speaks. It's musical score is very "far eastern" and I enjoyed it immensely. They did a great job here.

Overall, when you really get the time to sit down and learn this game, it'll scratch that Dark Souls itch for quite a while. You're looking at 70-90 hours of gameplay with side missions. It's difficult to play and learn. If you've never experienced a game like this I do not recommend getting your start here. You will get frustrated quickly.
If you're a From-Soft vet however, pick it up ASAP. You'll love it.

8 out of 10.
[Reply]
007 10:06 AM 03-30-2017
Question regarding Horizon Zero Dawn. I hear people compare this to Far Cry but I have never played that. I love FPS and my favorite games are the Halo Series, Destiny, and anything by Naughty Dog. Would I like Horizon at all? I'm thinking of getting it with my 20% off code through the playstation store but if the game is too far off of the games I like I'm afraid of being disappointed.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:36 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
Question regarding Horizon Zero Dawn. I hear people compare this to Far Cry but I have never played that. I love FPS and my favorite games are the Halo Series, Destiny, and anything by Naughty Dog. Would I like Horizon at all? I'm thinking of getting it with my 20% off code through the playstation store but if the game is too far off of the games I like I'm afraid of being disappointed.
From what you're saying here, (regarding Naughty Dog) you like games with a story-line. This will be a good purchase for you. It is a lot like farcry as far as side missions and opening up the map. However, you have a lot more freedom. You can feel free to open up the entire map in the first three or four hours of you think you are good enough.
You have multiple ways to play the main story. You make allies or not by your decisions and what missions you elect to play.
It is a good game, (especially for a fps guy like you) and it will give you a new perspective. It's open world and that's always a huge plus and the graphics are truly the best I've seen on a console game. It is as good as anything you can play on PC.

Pick it up if you get the chance. It's perfect for casual to moderate gamers. I found it a little disappointing because the difficulty wasn't what I expected. But then I play games like Souls and Nioh like a mofo. Lol

You'll dig it man. Especially if you like uncharted and the last of us. It's very story-driven.
[Reply]
007 05:03 PM 03-31-2017
From what you're saying here, (regarding Naughty Dog) you like games with a story-line. This will be a good purchase for you. It is a lot like farcry as far as side missions and opening up the map. However, you have a lot more freedom. You can feel free to open up the entire map in the first three or four hours of you think you are good enough.
You have multiple ways to play the main story. You make allies or not by your decisions and what missions you elect to play.
It is a good game, (especially for a fps guy like you) and it will give you a new perspective. It's open world and that's always a huge plus and the graphics are truly the best I've seen on a console game. It is as good as anything you can play on PC.

Pick it up if you get the chance. It's perfect for casual to moderate gamers. I found it a little disappointing because the difficulty wasn't what I expected. But then I play games like Souls and Nioh like a mofo. Lol

You'll dig it man. Especially if you like uncharted and the last of us. It's very story-driven.
I bit the bullet and purchased it. I like the story but am struggling with the bow mechanics. it took me forever to take down a few dinos because I play from so far away.
[Reply]
007 03-31-2017, 10:50 PM
This message has been deleted by 007.
MotherfuckerJones 11:41 AM 04-01-2017

You just have to be stealthy early on opening up the map. It was fun. But I'm doing it as I go. Took a few days break because of school which is nice. Don't want to beat it too quickly.
[Reply]
Blankey 01:03 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I bit the bullet and purchased it. I like the story but am struggling with the bow mechanics. it took me forever to take down a few dinos because I play from so far away.
I'd recommend getting the purple sharpshot bow as quickly as possible if you don't have it already
[Reply]
Page 50 of 252
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up